It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your take on God?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha
a reply to: gggilll

Where is the evidence for that God?

God is the universe. Where is the evidence of the universe? Geez I don't know? Around you?

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

And who are you the Angel of Death.? You know this how? Did you speak to God ? Where's your proof?

Please stop speaking out of your an..us

You speak as though you are authorized, you are not nor do you have proof of which you speak.

And how do you know death is not natural and actually "evil"? Where is your proof?

I think science pretty much acknowledged death is programmed in complex organism so yeah, it IS a natural thing. Sorry if you dislike it. That's just the way it is and your FEELINGS have no play in this.

And again, imagine what would happen if people and animal did NOT die.

Just think for a second.

edit on 26-11-2015 by gggilll because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: gggilll

God is the universe. Where is the evidence of the universe? Geez I don't know? Around you?

That's what you believe. I see biology, I see nature, I don't see a 'God who wants to take care of you ' as you said.

I see chemistry, laws of nature, that's around me.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

I'm not your enemy. I'm not here to chastise or bash you either. I'm simply replying to you and proliferating my point of view.

Nor am I your enemy. I was just saying that if you believe we see what we want to see then I would try to see a world other than hell otherwise why see at all.

I mentioned 'multicultrism' simply because it entered my mind stream at that moment and reminded me of something the female 'fuhrer said' not two years ago. I wish for nothing here to be honest. However H'opono pono does ring more truth than myth in my experience.

None of that made any sense to me. You don't need to explain it either. I just thought I'd let you know that I don't know any of the references you just used.

Would you give creedence to something that was not real, such as 'hell'. The Earth is Dying, People are sick and dying, if that's not Hell i don't know what is.

Like I said, you have both or neither. Sick and Dying is still part healthy and living. It is what it is but every moment is a moment where change can happen. I've been sick before but I got better. I imagine reality works the same way. In fact, being that we didn't create but the other way around. If we simply did nothing life would right itself naturally. We just need to stop killing it.

Nature and life was around long before we were and it will be around long after we are gone. Maybe it's just our time to go quiet and allow the next species to take over.

forgive me, the multiculturism comment who said in 2010 ... 'The German chancellor, Angela Merkel, has courted growing anti-immigrant opinion in Germany by claiming the country's attempts to create a multicultural society have "utterly failed".

I don't believe Life will simply right itself simply by waiting, i just don't believe that to be true. But i do believe evil people have steered our planet toward what it self wishes this planet to become, and i do not believe it is of benefit to humanity but rather, to those greed ridden elites who hate you me and everyone else who isn't included in 'THE BIG CLUB' as George Carlin has endlessly stated.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   

That's what you believe. I see biology, I see nature, I don't see a 'God who wants to take care of you ' as you said.

I see chemistry, laws of nature, that's around me.

Same things, different labels. Google spinozian god.

Also I never said "god wants to take care of you".

I said "god wants YOU to take care of you and others" and it's true since you and I are god and we both want a world where people take more care of each other.

If you go back in time aren't religion about worshiping forces of nature and human attributes? And even before that, with animism, about worshiping woods and rivers and animals? And later with monotheism, about worshiping the whole creation?

It has always been about the divinity inside nature and the universe and it baffles me that so many people still refuse to see this.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   

In your simple little brain you may believe that Pain is Natural, however defy ignorance, and you may change your mind and start to think and question the reality in which you live as 'abnormal'. Many of us do, and we do not believe what we're told by elites and sheep who baaaa at every breath to the beat of this unknown god in which those who feel enlightened bow down to.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
of course... life without purpose is really not life, its only being...

What purposes are you referring to, exactly?

theres no experience without purpose and reason

So what you mean to say is that an experience is essentially written to occur to use so we can act on that experience with our own free will for a specific reason? Would that be accurate to say?

many things in life are not "imposed" on us... we are thrust into them, only to deal with the outcome...

Yet things resolve themselves eventually... regardless of the positive or the negative that is the result of said situation...

Sure, but the same could be said about life without an intended purpose. I'm not sure if this part is necessarily exclusive to life with a pre-written purpose.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   

In your simple little brain you may believe that Pain is Natural, however defy ignorance, and you may change your mind and start to think and question the reality in which you live as 'abnormal'. Many of us do, and we do not believe what we're told by elites and sheep who baaaa at every breath to the beat of this unknown god in which those who feel enlightened bow down to.

Now you are just being silly if you still talk about "bowing" to god when I specifically said no one cares if you do.

Also you are being insulting so my guess is you simply do not want to explore these possibilities so your mind is rebelling against them.

Have fun fighting against death like it's a bad thing. Your whole life will be a struggle that you will never win while instead of focusing on death and pain you could turn your thoughts to life and joy. But anyway, your life, your choices, your responsibility.

But I do have sympathy for you and I understand your suffering. I really sincerely wish you find a way out of it despite everything you think and said about me.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   

I see you haven't been on ATS long enough to understand people here. Maybe you should have considered that before condemning me to your ideals.
edit on 11/26/2015 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   
The way I (and many others) see this "god" thing:

In Spinozism, the concept of a personal relationship with God comes from the position that one is a part of an infinite interdependent "organism." Spinoza argued that everything is a derivative of God, interconnected with all of existence. Although humans only experience thought and extension, what happens to one aspect of existence will still affect others. Thus, Spinozism teaches a form of determinism and ecology and supports this as a basis for morality.

Additionally, a core doctrine of Spinozism is that the universe is essentially deterministic. All that happens or will happen could not have unfolded in any other way. It has been said that Spinozism is similar to the Hindu doctrines of Samkhya and Yoga. Though within the various existing Hindu traditions there exist many traditions which astonishingly had such similar doctrines from ages, out of which most similar and well known are the Kashmiri Shaivism and Nath tradition, apart from already existing Samkhya and Yoga. Spinoza claimed that the third kind of knowledge, intuition, is the highest kind attainable. More specifically, he defined this as the ability for the human intellect to intuit knowledge based upon its accumulated understanding of the world around them.

Spinoza's metaphysics consists of one thing, substance, and its modifications (modes). Early in The Ethics Spinoza argues that there is only one substance, which is absolutely infinite, self-caused, and eternal. From this substance, however, follow an infinite number of attributes (the intellect perceiving an abstract concept or essence) and modes (things actually existing which follow from attributes and modes). He calls this substance "God", or "Nature". In fact, he takes these two terms to be synonymous (in the Latin the phrase he uses is "Deus sive Natura"), but readers often disregard his neutral monism. During his time, this statement was seen as literally equating the existing world with God - which is why he was accused of atheism. For Spinoza the whole of the natural universe is made of one substance, God, or, what's the same, Nature, and its modifications (modes).

“ It cannot be overemphasized how the rest of Spinoza's philosophy—his philosophy of mind, his epistemology, his psychology, his moral philosophy, his political philosophy, and his philosophy of religion—flows more or less directly from the metaphysical underpinnings in Part I of the Ethics. ”
However, one should keep in mind the neutral monist position. While the natural universe humans experience in both the realm of the mind and the realm of physical reality is part of God, it is only two modes - thought and extension - that are part of infinite modes emanating from God.

Spinoza's doctrine was considered radical at the time he published and he was widely seen as the most infamous atheist-heretic of Europe. His philosophy was part of the philosophic debate in Europe during the Enlightenment, along with Cartesianism. Specifically, Spinoza disagreed with Descartes on substance duality, Descartes' views on the will and the intellect, and the subject of free will.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   

I see you haven't been on ATS long enough to understand people.

More assumptions like you proved you are doing in here and other threads.

I'm sorry if you think the numbers on the left of my posts have any meaning. It only shows you get stuck at appearance's level.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Now you are just being silly if you still talk about "bowing" to god when I specifically said no one cares if you do.

Also you are being insulting so my guess is you simply do not want to explore these possibilities so your mind is rebelling against them.

Have fun fighting against death like it's a bad thing. Your whole life will be a struggle that you will never win while instead of focusing on death and pain you could turn your thoughts to life and joy. But anyway, your life, your choices, your responsibility.

But I do have sympathy for you and I understand your suffering. I really sincerely wish you find a way out of it despite everything you think and said about me.

Please, save your Sympathy for yourself. I need it not.You think you're the only one to understand Suffering in a cruel world? You are most sadly mistaken. Stop speaking as though you were King and start lowering yourself as though you were filled with compassion and kindness and grace. Because i've been reading your words to me, and there is none in them whatsoever.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I should show compassion but not sympathy? You kind of lost me there

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   
It's strange how in all these threads there are always people who take it personally when someone is sharing HIS perspective about god.

Like they think everyone is trying to convert others or something. I mean if you are so sure about your beliefs, why feeling like someone else sharing his is like a threat or an attack?

It's ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Yes it is, speak for yourself newbie.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Spinoza believed God is 'the' substance in everything. I called them elements. Spinoza had to call 'nature' God because he was born in very religious times, we don't need to do that anymore: we can call it by its name. Nature is nature and it doesn't want me to take care of me, in fact we survive despite nature.

The definition of God is 'a deity, a supernatural divine being'. Elements, the substance that is everywhere, are not supernatural nor are divine.

God doesn't exist, no evidence. Nature does: plenty of evidence to see.
They are not the same.

edit on 26-11-2015 by Agartha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Spinoza believed God is 'the' substance in everything. I called them elements.

You misread Spinoza then because he said this substance was both matter and MIND and countless other things that aren't even found in humans.

I think you should read his works if you want to claim his theory is that he calls nature God because of the time because it's completely not true.

also it's funny how some people refuse it when someone says they consider the universe is god and are like;

"you can't say that! you have to call it nature"?

Uh sorry? Like I said, religions in the past worshiped nature. Why can't I say that TO ME god and nature are the same things?

How does this hurt your beliefs?

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   

The definition of God is 'a deity, a supernatural divine being'. Elements, the substance that is everywhere, are not supernatural nor are divine.

Now we can finally get to the heart of the matter. Thanks:

Supernatural: (of a manifestation or event) attributed to some force beyond scientific understanding

Unless I'm mistaken there are still countless of things beyond scientific understanding in the universe, like its origin, how dna appeared or how consciousness emerges.

So yes, the universe is still supernatural and thus can be called god.

The day sciences knows EVERYTHING maybe I'll make you happy and stop saying god and the universe are the same. Maybe

I really don't see why some people are all butthurts that pantheist say god is actually the universe. I don't see anything threatening in that idea. Especially since pantheists are usually quite laid back, anti-religious and well versed in sciences.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   

LOL you are free to call it whatever you want, I'm just saying that I disagree, I don't see God, I see nature.

Regarding supernatural... the word comes from Latin Supernaturalis which means 'above or beyond nature'. I don't see anything above or beyond nature. I see things that may not have a scientific explanation yet, but everything falls within nature / natural laws.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Unless I'm mistaken there are still countless of things beyond scientific understanding in the universe, like its origin, how dna appeared or how consciousness emerges.

Actually, we do have evidence about the origin of the universe, and the appearance of DNA was a transition from RNA (which has quite a lot of evidence supporting it). Consciousness has yet to be defined, but we also have a lot of evidence suggesting a totally biological onset.

The thing Agartha is trying to say is that we have evidence, for everything we've observed, that all leads to a natural origin. We have no evidence that even suggests a supernatural origin, therefore it's unreasonable to be inclined to believe supernatural over natural.

The belief usually is attributed from a lack of education. Not to say you're dumb or anything, it's just that statistically, the more educated a person is, the less likely they are to believe in such things.

So yes, the universe is still supernatural and thus can be called god.

No... That's illogical. Just because we don't know something, doesn't give credibility an unfalsifiable claim.

The day sciences knows EVERYTHING maybe I'll make you happy and stop saying god and the universe are the same. Maybe

Science doesn't claim to know anything with absolute certainty. Science only offers a tool in which to help us describe natural phenomena around us. It's claims are based off of "the most accurate description we have with our current understanding, subject to change upon further evidence".

It's a lot more humble than simple claiming that they know The Only Truth and are Absolutely Certain and no ammount of evidence can change their minds.

edit on 26/11/15 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join