It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your take on God?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: gggilll

Interpretation is INEVITABLE.

No its not , i was made in gods image , end of story .

Spoken like a true religious extemist, lol. Somehow you manage to be as closed-minded as the people you hate. Good job

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Yes at their core they all seem to pointing toward a universal common truth. They all just tend to get lost in detailing that truth. Even Taoism lost it's way over time and their first principle was about how the true Tao couldn't be explained. Yet the Religion of Taoism then spent all it's time trying to explain it in more detail. Go figure?!?!?

I agree. Religions are social expressions of personal spirituality so eventually they always lose sight of the original purpose and get perverted by culture and context.

BUT they are still good entry points for a PERSONAL exploration of spiritual thinking. As long as reject all dogmas.
edit on 26-11-2015 by gggilll because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

This World is Hell,

The world is screwed up for sure. Mostly because of humans too. But Hell??? Hell would have to much worse if there was such a place. I mean if this was hell I doubt there would be cute puppies, orgasms or yummy yummy bacon. Those three things would have to be gone at the very least.

It is, and it's more than tiring trying to carry on with all the crap. But i wouldn't underestimate the Enemy either. They can make reality believe it is nothing more than cute puppies, orgasms and yummy 'if you like that kinda thing' bacon, but ... i must stress the word 'illusion'. Like the Art of War. Create a reality your slaves can believe in and then destroy them when they're all but hypnotised into thinkiing its all good.
People See what they Wish to See. If they want to believe everything is good and that multiculturism works then more power to them however, the real power lies with the Powerful, not the think'a'likes.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Spoken like a true religious extemist

I an neither religious or extremist . But a hint , when i was younger i had the pleasure of boarding with a lady who was an eleven out of ten for religion . And guess what , although we had lots of conversations about god and the bible she never once tried to convert me . Went on to be a minister , first lady minister in her church i believe .

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: Ghost147
Other then explains a bit..

If you were referring to some sort of pre-written meaning of reason, my answer is No.

If you were referring to 'reason' by one which we determine ourselves, then my answer is Yes.

so... life has no point...

Correct.

No reason or purpose...

Correct.

learning means nothing in the end because we will all end the same way...

Incorrect. Learning allows us to extend our very short existence just a little bit longer, and fulfills that existence more wholly

sounds like theres a purpose... and reason for it

no?

No... Not at all. There doesn't need to be a purpose to anything, why does there?

Well, until someone pops out of their grave and slams down testimony... that isn't gonna happen...

Precisely. We do not know until we're already dead. So the original claim was meaningless.

of course there is reincarnation... but nothing can prove what one person has experienced

Correct. We cannot definitively prove reincarnation, despite some incidences that seem to lend it some minor credibility.

Just as no man can prove God to another

Right, because Unfalsifiable claims are also not provable, therefore unfalsifiable claims are meaningless claims.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   

People See what they Wish to See. If they want to believe everything is good and that multiculturism works then more power to them however, the real power lies with the Powerful, not the think'a'likes.

Then I guess you wish to see Hell on Earth. Be careful what you wish for.

Not sure what multiculturism has to do with this either. It's never all good or bad either. You need both or else you have neither.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

Spoken like a true religious extemist

I an neither religious or extremist . But a hint , when i was younger i had the pleasure of boarding with a lady who was an eleven out of ten for religion . And guess what , although we had lots of conversations about god and the bible she never once tried to convert me . Went on to be a minister , first lady minister in her church i believe .

Lol. I never said you were. Only that you make the same mistake as them.

And FFS I'm not trying to convert you. I'm explaining my point of view, answering YOUR questions to me, but you are all like "NO! I DON'T WANT TO INTERPRET THESE TEXTS DIFFERENTLY THAN LITERALLY!".

What else do you want me to say? You just don't want to understand my perspective. Your loss.

OK I finally found it.

IMHO, this is ONE way to picture "god". God being infinitely complex as the universe, if we can find a way to simplify it's understanding for the sake of good communication, it would be this. This describes practically everything in the universe so both god and humans, and thus the reason why we say "humans are made in god's image":

It's because we follow the same process to come into existence. (at least the first four stages, you find them in almost all traditions, the rest is more cultural)

edit on 26-11-2015 by gggilll because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Then I guess you wish to see Hell on Earth. Be careful what you wish for.

Not sure what multiculturism has to do with this either. It's never all good or bad either. You need both or else you have neither.

I'm not your enemy. I'm not here to chastise or bash you either. I'm simply replying to you and proliferating my point of view.

I mentioned 'multicultrism' simply because it entered my mind stream at that moment and reminded me of something the female 'fuhrer said' not two years ago. I wish for nothing here to be honest. However H'opono pono does ring more truth than myth in my experience.

Would you give creedence to something that was not real, such as 'hell'. The Earth is Dying, People are sick and dying, if that's not Hell i don't know what is.
edit on 11/26/2015 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Fair enough brother...

Your Cup is Full

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   

The Earth is Dying, People are sick and dying, if that's not Hell i don't know what is.

From the moment you are born you are dying. According to your perspective life is thus hell. It's all a matter of perspective and you decide that death and suffering are almost something "evil".

Thing is, death and suffering are natural and no matter how hard you fight to reject them they will always be there. You are fighting with windmills here.

The universe is not all candies and teddybears but death and suffering are not something we will get rid of so get used to it now.

Actually there is a condition where cells cease dying and it's called cancer.

It's the overpopulation of humans that's killing the earth so all things considered death is actually a cure.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: gggilll

The Earth is Dying, People are sick and dying, if that's not Hell i don't know what is.

From the moment you are born you are dying. According to your perspective life is thus hell. It's all a matter of perspective and you decide that death and suffering are almost something "evil".

Thing is, death and suffering are natural and no matter how hard you fight to reject them they will always be there. You are fighting with windmills here.

The universe is not all candies and teddybears but death and suffering are not something we will get rid of so get used to it now.

Actually there is a condition where cells cease dying and it's called cancer.

It's the overpopulation of humans that's killing the earth so all things considered death is actually a cure.

What you're saying is you expect me to get 'used to' death as Normal. It ain't normal nor is this realm you think is reality.

Sorry it's not real, and anything created by a 'so called' God that you wish others to bow down to, expecting me or others to simply believe because? Some Jesuit or Religious human told me or others to should because?.... They can talk to God and other people cannot is simply Insanity. So what you wish for me to believe in which is Insanity so that you can feel 'righteous' ain't happening. Sorry...

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Fair enough brother...

Your Cup is Full

I'm still interested in why you seem to believe life needs a reason/purpose/meaning (that isn't our own individually imposed one on ourselves)? Do you believe that without reason/purpose/meaning for life in general, that it is somehow lesser than it would be with it?

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   
That's really a problem with our modern culture:

We hide our sick people in hospitals, we hide our old relatives in "senior's residences", we hide our deaths in bags and crates, we hide our wrinkles with surgery.

Then we act all shocked when we are reminded that suffering, aging and death are part of this world. We claim they are bad things and they shouldn't exist.

What hypocrisy. It wasn't like that before when we actually respected and took care of the elders. Now we only celebrate the youth and pretend we can make it last forever, like getting old and dying is something to be ashamed of.

No wonder then than people claim this world is "hell". Yes it's hell for those who wish to live forever. Something that spiritual teachings can help you deal with actually.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   
If this place 'earth' was Pure and Good, do you really think people would die here,do you really think good would do this to people, animals plants etc? I don't think so.

Only evil would do that, that is why earth is hell.

Consequently... Hell is an old English word for a hole in the ground, Religion abused that and made it something it clearly isn't. This world is evil, it dies it corrupts. If you think corruption and God go hand in hand then your God is misguided and undoubtably evil.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Sorry it's not real, and anything created by a 'so called' God that you wish others to bow down to, expecting me or others to simply believe because? Some Jesuit or Religious human told me or others to should because?.... They can talk to God and other people cannot is simply Insanity. So what you wish for me to believe in which is Insanity so that you can feel 'righteous' ain't happening. Sorry...

Let me get this straight:

- God did not create the universe. God is the universe.
- Death is natural and normal and being all like "but I don't want it to be" won't change a damn thing about it.
- God doesn't want you to bow to him. Actually he doesn't really care, he just wants you to take care of you and others.

My guess is you get stuck (like most) at the interpretation of god made by someone reading the bible or another book literally, like it's the common way to do it in the US (called literallism). The problem is, it's absolutely not the only way to picture god, and not the one I shared here.

The OP was actually open to all kind of interpretations about god, so maybe you shouldn't assume there is only one like what you are doing here.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   

If this place 'earth' was Pure and Good.

Where did I said this?

Can't you see there's a whole spectrum between "Pure and good" and Hell?

I don't deal in absolutes, sorry.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   

I'm not your enemy. I'm not here to chastise or bash you either. I'm simply replying to you and proliferating my point of view.

Nor am I your enemy. I was just saying that if you believe we see what we want to see then I would try to see a world other than hell otherwise why see at all.

I mentioned 'multicultrism' simply because it entered my mind stream at that moment and reminded me of something the female 'fuhrer said' not two years ago. I wish for nothing here to be honest. However H'opono pono does ring more truth than myth in my experience.

None of that made any sense to me. You don't need to explain it either. I just thought I'd let you know that I don't know any of the references you just used.

Would you give creedence to something that was not real, such as 'hell'. The Earth is Dying, People are sick and dying, if that's not Hell i don't know what is.

Like I said, you have both or neither. Sick and Dying is still part healthy and living. It is what it is but every moment is a moment where change can happen. I've been sick before but I got better. I imagine reality works the same way. In fact, being that we didn't create life but the other way around. If we simply did nothing life would right itself naturally. We just need to stop killing it.

Nature and life was around long before we were and it will be around long after we are gone. Maybe it's just our time to go quiet and allow the next species to take over.
edit on 26-11-2015 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Where is the evidence for that God?

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   

And who are you the Angel of Death.? You know this how? Did you speak to God ? Where's your proof?

Please stop speaking out of your an..us

You speak as though you are authorized, you are not nor do you have proof of which you speak.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

Fair enough brother...

Your Cup is Full

I'm still interested in why you seem to believe life needs a reason/purpose/meaning (that isn't our own individually imposed one on ourselves)? Do you believe that without reason/purpose/meaning for life in general, that it is somehow lesser than it would be with it?

of course... life without purpose is really not life, its only being...

theres no experience without purpose and reason

many things in life are not "imposed" on us... we are thrust into them, only to deal with the outcome...

Yet things resolve themselves eventually... regardless of the positive or the negative that is the result of said situation...

life doesn't need a purpose

even if it has one

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join