It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cube Satellite to Hunt for UFOs and Take Clear Pictures.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME

The project only raised $16,641 of the 50,000 target. So doesn't look like its any time soon, but they are working on what sounds like a prototype?

Update:

We have enough for a launch already, and Tercer Milenio Mexico is coming on board January 11th, 2016 to kick in funding. I am confident that we will reach our goal. That said, keep contributions coming, we are now aiming for a U1.5 Cubesat with command ability through GlobalStar

Maybe a tardigrade will be around long enough to find out the truth (great thread btw)

Also it doesn't look like anything came from Bigelow Aerospace as suggested by JimOberg
edit on 37131America/ChicagoTue, 26 Jan 2016 19:37:24 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Thanks for the reply's there. We did raise 16,600 on Indiegogo but got another 10,000 on that. So we are at over 26,000 now. We have a sat and launch covered but are raising more to pile on as much science Equipment as possible. And, if you get a bunch some how, we could upgrade to a U2 version. It all depends on what we do raise.. A local Phoenix station is wanting to do a story on us coming up. Not sure when though. With the story coming out by Lee Speigel in the Huffington Post soon, we might get a lot of attention. He asked me to come to the International UFO Congress coming up in Feb to meet some people. That will be interesting. Anyone from here going to be there?

Someone has to step up to do something like this. Guess it's us.. Really sounds fun to. A UFO satellite. Now aint that cool....

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Our article just came out in the Huffington Post about our project. Article in the Post.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: earthmanDave

What will be your criteria for determining whether or not something is " unidentified?"

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: earthmanDave
Our article just came out in the Huffington Post about our project. Article in the Post.

Cool. I tried to post this:

Youtube is swamped with thousands of hours of 'space UFO videos' that look like ordinary space junk, water dumps, window reflections, and lens flares. If they aren't enough to prove your point, what MORE do you expect to obtain from this? All the external cameras in space aren't owned by governments, Robert Bigelow had some on his Genesis modules, what would your project see that his didn't?

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Space junk would be in a predictable orbit. Stationary of a sort. Wouldn't be flying controlled. I mean, we see a "Flying saucer" like object in a clear shot, well I think that one explains it self. Sure, we will see all kinds of stuff I'm sure. We will have photo experts helping for sure. And as for Bigelow. I think that name explains it self. He isn't going to share anything with us. Or he would have already. Bet you can't get a thing from him. He has his own agenda I bet. Iost confidence in him after the MUFON crap he did. Many were upset about it. Seen some things posted that was not favorable about Bigelow.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Space junk would be in a predictable orbit.

No. No it would not.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12
Always been impressed by the potential of crowdsourcing and now it looks like there might exist a low earth orbit research satellite tasked with detecting and photographing UFOs which isn't funded by a government or military-controlled agency.

Cube Satellite to Hunt for UFOs and Take Clear Pictures

The project is called “Cubesat for Disclosure” and was developed by Canadian software engineer Dave Cote, along with design consultant Gianna Young and media expert Mark Richfield. According to the Indiegogo page, the team is united in the belief that “government, military and media have made a strong attempt to discredit the idea of extraterrestrial “aliens”” while secretly studying them.

Cubesat.

CubeSat for Disclosure - Low-Earth Orbit Satellite

How will the CubeSat work? It’s pretty simple. When the scintillation counter detects high ionizing radiation levels (which many believe are emitted by UFOs), the camera will take a clear photo of the location and hopefully the UFO..

Who knows, maybe it'll manage to snap some pics of unidentified flying objects 'shooting straight up' as reported by pilots and policemen in cases such as the Edwards AFB, Kirtland AFB and Portage County incidents.

Your pointing to a croud sourcing wrbsite ?? Hasn't been built and someone is just soliciting money to build one.heck my idea is put a camera on the moon I can then see the entire earth. Maybe I should croud source that and retire to Tahiti.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Space junk would be in a predictable orbit. Stationary of a sort. Wouldn't be flying controlled. I....

Not hardly. The stuff coming off of, and out of, the space shuttles drifted off in all directions, some hit by thruster plumes, others slowed by air drag and curving away to the horizon, others popping up 'from nowhere' as they drifted out of the shuttle's own shadow and became visibly sunlit , and none of it big enough to ever be tracked from Earth, but often plenty bright enough to be spotted on exterior monitoring cameras, sending self-styled 'UFO hunters' into orgasmic elation at intergalactic visitations.

I've realized it’s not intelligence that is the major barrier to public authentic assessment of these scenes – it’s lack of effective awareness of really how unearthly, alien, and counter-intuitive counter-instinctual the new space environment really is. That’s why I wrote my “99 FAQs About Space UFO Videos” essay several years ago. See it here -- www.jamesoberg.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I'll read through that James. And by predictable meaning space junk is not going to be coming in from out side the planet and taking a right hand turn and stopping for dinner In orbit. Stationary by mean of a steady flight path. Space junk will be flying by, in orbit moving predictable-wise, at a steading pace as it would be suspected to do. There junk all over for sure. We will see lots of that for sure. Were going to have help on the photo side of the project. And we have a monitoring center that is going to handle the flight control and Communications to the sat. Then there's folks like the Dragon there that see's bad In everything. Shame.. Were being backed by MUFON and many in the UFO circles. We on the level. But then again, doesn't matter to some, Doom and Gloom.... Ahaa, look out... Again Shame. Were doing this because it NEEDS TO BE DONE. It's about time someone stood up to do something like this. Instead of sittin on the computer putting others down for good idea's. Again James, i'll read that link. Looks good.. Bet we can use that info for sure.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

No. No it would not.

And there is the problem they have no clue what to look for. Even NASA has to track space junk just to identify things sometimes. There is a lot of garbage circling our planet many people would be amazed.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   

I'll read through that James. And by predictable meaning space junk is not going to be coming in from out side the planet and taking a right hand turn and stopping for dinner In orbit. Stationary by mean of a steady flight path. Space junk will be flying by, in orbit moving predictable-wise, at a steading pace as it would be suspected to do. There junk all over for sure. We will see lots of that for sure. Were going to have help on the photo side of the project. And we have a monitoring center that is going to handle the flight control and Communications to the sat. Then there's folks like the Dragon there that see's bad In everything. Shame.. Were being backed by MUFON and many in the UFO circles. We on the level. But then again, doesn't matter to some, Doom and Gloom.... Ahaa, look out... Again Shame. Were doing this because it NEEDS TO BE DONE. It's about time someone stood up to do something like this. Instead of sittin on the computer putting others down for good idea's. Again James, i'll read that link. Looks good.. Bet we can use that info for sure.

You do realize sticking g a camera in orbit does nothing there is thousands of hours of camera footage already. Every time the shuttle went up they left live feeds going from their cameras. You could watch it live on NASAs channel. There is already hundreds of companies with satellites that observe the earth for all kinds of reasons from geology to weather. Putting a satellite in orbit is not by a long shot the best way to see anything. Get it out midway to the moon and you at least see the planet then you might have something. Realistically if aliens did exist you don't think they would be smart enough to avoid a camera?? You will have limited view points unless you can control pitch and yaw. And that isn't going to happen for 50000 dollayawit cost companies upwards of 50 million to launch a satelite into orbit. And you aren't going to raise those funds so what you doing with the money you do get??

You might as well get some weather balloons and a camera you'll accomplish about the same. But I'll say this good luck we can cone back in a couple of years and see how your doing . PS will you be refunding money if you can't get this to work??
edit on 2/3/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

No. No it would not.

And there is the problem they have no clue what to look for. Even NASA has to track space junk just to identify things sometimes. There is a lot of garbage circling our planet many people would be amazed.

NORAD tracks 'space debris' for collision threats, and alerts NASA, which has no skin-track capability to speak of. But vehicle-mounted cameras will practically NEVER see any of it, it's too fast across the field of view and usually much too small. The stuff that appears on camera is vehicle-generated stuff, also small, and also so close to the vehicle it can rarely be tracked even once it pulls away -- maybe a few dozen times over the years, a dropped tool or discarded experiment wrapper is picked up by NORAD and catalogued. Anybody expecting a vehicle-based camera to detect trackable pre-existing 'space junk' hasn't done their homework.

With great ingenuity, astronaut Don Pettit developed a program on ISS to spot Iridium flashes, which was cool, but useless as a tracking/safety tool. It was for fun, to prove he could. I haven't heard of anyone else since his flight bothering.
edit on 3-2-2016 by JimOberg because: typos

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   

I'll read through that James. And by predictable meaning space junk is not going to be coming in from out side the planet and taking a right hand turn and stopping for dinner In orbit. Stationary by mean of a steady flight path. Space junk will be flying by, in orbit moving predictable-wise, at a steading pace as it would be suspected to do. There junk all over for sure. We will see lots of that for sure.... .

Sorry, in my estimation you are as clueless as I suspected about the visual environment you'll encounter [as everybody was at the start].. But great discoveries throughout history have occasionally been made by accident while looking for something else [EG, America, X-rays, silly putty,...] , so don't let me discourage you. More eyes are always better than fewer eyes. Watch the skies!

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Beggars believability that current science could NOT differentiate between space junk and an object showing signs of intelligent control and intelligent flight characteristics.?? To even suggest to enter an argument of non differentiation is nonsense and a distraction tactic.

If and that is if an object is picked up showing signs of intelligent "flight" or "movement" control characteristics that differ from "known" expectations of movement or flight characteristics of space junk then surely there is a differentiation present that warrants further serious investigation.

Objects must be judged from their design of "flight characteristics" that could very well indicate origins of intelligent control or willful movements out with that of space junk or satellites.

So what is the scientific measurement to judge any differentiation of space junk flight characteristics and possible unknowns ? is it the flight characteristics and signs of intelligent control of any given object.

edit on 15/07/2010 by K-PAX-PROT because: (no reason given)

edit on 15/07/2010 by K-PAX-PROT because: (no reason given)

edit on 15/07/2010 by K-PAX-PROT because: grammer

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: K-PAX-PROT
I would venture to guess that the most intelligently controlled spaceships are indistinguishable from space trash...if you are a Star Wars fan, this would make sense.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn
I love this idea, but am looking forward to its inevitable "failure" or "unfortunate noncompliance with regulation 112-II-F requiring it to be confiscated by the US military."

And it will because it found a NRO satellite which wasn't supposed to exist in that orbit.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Space junk will travel across the field of view in what appears to be a straight line, probably seeming to pulsate as it tumbles. A spacecraft is also likely to travel in what appears to be a straight line. Unless it performs an abrupt emergency maneuver, it would be indistinguishable from space junk.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Space junk will travel across the field of view in what appears to be a straight line, probably seeming to pulsate as it tumbles. A spacecraft is also likely to travel in what appears to be a straight line. Unless it performs an abrupt emergency maneuver, it would be indistinguishable from space junk.

North Korea plans on launching a satellite images imagine what this going to look like with the tinfoil and duct tape.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: K-PAX-PROT
Beggars believability that current science could NOT differentiate between space junk and an object showing signs of intelligent control and intelligent flight characteristics.??

Yeah... we can just run it against the "entirely accurate and real time catalog of near Earth objects and their trajectories" database.

Once correlated as of none Earth origin, we can then use our "current science" to detect a craft that is capable of meaningful interstellar reconnaissance....even though it is either hiding or is part of a cover up of earth shattering proportions.

Props to Dave for getting this off the ground so to speak- will look fab on your CV whatever the outcome.

edit on 5-2-2016 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join