It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cube Satellite to Hunt for UFOs and Take Clear Pictures.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

I don't think it's as expensive to get things into space as it used to be. Plus, to my knowledge, cube satellites are a LOT less expensive than traditional ones.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: InnerPeace2012

If this is true, than expect some unusual pics coming our way soon...

Let's hope so mate although the cynical side of me has to agree with Carewemust and Eilasvaleleyn's comments about us never getting to see them.

Never forgot this statement made by John Schuessler about U.S. surveillance capabilities over the last 50 years and I suppose the government could end a lot of controversy over certain cases if it just released certain info.

The curves are all swinging upward fairly rapidly. So we look at what we know about the technology we are using for surveillance, just the USA, not other countries, what we do and what we know and the kind of surveillance we can do. There is no doubt in my mind that today if not many times over the past fifty years we have had the surveillance capabilities to completely monitor the activities of certain UFO flights –and know exactly when they’re going, where they’re going, how they’re going, where they appear form and leave to, all the characteristics about them – we have radar based devices that will not only show the distance, direction and azimuth of an object and all that but will also how shape. We have devices the army has developed for tracking projectiles – they check the acoustic wave and when something crosses over they can immediately track that data and go back to the source. That’s how they track where a mortar is or a howitzer. We can use that same technology – and its portable – for tracking UFOs.

I don’t believe any of these things fly over our country today without being known and if somebody wanted the UFO mystery to completely disappear they could in five minutes release enough data to show exactly what’s going on and is not going on.

link

This article about the National Reconnaissance Office is also well worth a read and is probably the last remaining copy of it on the internet.

SECRET US INTELLIGENCE AGENCY HOLDS UFO ANSWERS

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: kuraijanai2013

I posted this same story a week ago and it was binned by moderators. Why???

Sorry to hear that kuraijanai2013, were any reasons given?

Love the Bananaman avatar BTW.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I have to say I kinda agree the governments of this world would probably frown on this, but what if and i mean a big if many people and organizations started to do this we really could get some definitive answers about space and or a extraterrestrial presence if there is at all? Personally I think there is way too much space junk up there as it is for now. Maybe some existing satellites could be re-purposed for use this way?

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Most of you are familiar with Bob Bigelow and his interest in UFOs, and in space development. His company launched two prototype inflatable crew modules into orbit not long ago using surplus Russian missiles [I attended one of the launches in Siberia]. On the modules' exterior he had mounted TV cameras to scan space. Don't you suspect it might be interesting to find out what those cameras saw, or didn't see?

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Ceeker63

I thought the black knight satellite was debunked on ATS years ago as a blanket of some sort...space junk...I've been seeing it come up on ATS again, did something change in the debunking?

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

On the modules' exterior he had mounted TV cameras to scan space. Don't you suspect it might be interesting to find out what those cameras saw, or didn't see?

Of course it would Jim - are you going to tell us?

I actually suspect we'd have more chance of capturing unidentified flying objects on film if we had the telescopic cameras pointed at Earth rather than space - especially in cases where the UFOs hung around for a while performing aerial maneuvres and were seen by other witnesses.

This is a good example with police officers and this is another example involving military personnel.

I know you think the object in the Portage county case was the planet Venus but any ideas on the other incidents mentioned like Edwards or Kirtland?

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

I havent read or seen the Red Bluff case covered before, good stuff. I like the 1960 date on it as well.

I still like the Portage case better though, I think you really have to stretch your mind to make Venus fit.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Hey jim.. of course i am.. so any idea when Bigelow's firm is gonna relase them? and do you know anything about the captured film in them?

and thanks for the new info karl

edit on 28-11-2015 by JoeHansen because: needed to say thanks to karl for the op

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoeHansen

Hey jim.. of course i am.. so any idea when Bigelow's firm is gonna relase them? and do you know anything about the captured film in them?

and thanks for the new info karl

It's HIS story to release, I was only a guest at the second launch, made some friends on his team -- and was VERY impressed with their business plan, which now includes a test module for NASA's own station. The search program ran on his first two free-fliers didn't produce surprising results from my point of view but it's bad manners to be more specific since it was HIS mission and HIS data to interpret and present. Somebody should knock on the front door of his space office and ask.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Okay, and thanks for your answer.. i thought that there was 2 in competition to win the nasa ticket? didten know that Bigelow was one of them.. but everything space is interesting! well there is the theory that Bigelow's firm, is now receiving anything ufo related from the us air force..dont know if any of that is true, but alast it could be nice to share what ever they might have..

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoeHansen

Okay, and thanks for your answer.. i thought that there was 2 in competition to win the nasa ticket? didten know that Bigelow was one of them.. but everything space is interesting! well there is the theory that Bigelow's firm, is now receiving anything ufo related from the us air force..dont know if any of that is true, but alast it could be nice to share what ever they might have..

I hope they do.

A more productive activity would be to get a grip on what the thousands of hours of external video from shuttle missions, and now the station, clearly show about the visual environment of low Earth orbit, instead of gorging on fantasy-driven over-hyped imaginating over what turns out to be routine non-extraordinary visual phenomena.

If you can't rationally and accurately interpret what you've already seen in those videos, I would humbly suggest that the addition of a few hundred hours of new videos from new cameras on new spacecraft of not-well-defined in-space functioning isn't going to make anything clearer, beyond the overwhelming LACK of clarity of public understanding of what normal space videos actually show.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I could not agree more!! and thanks for you answers..

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: 111DPKING111

I havent read or seen the Red Bluff case covered before, good stuff. I like the 1960 date on it as well.

Fascinating multiple police officer UFO case that one mate, especially when the object is reported to have emitted a red beam of light (and electromagnetic interference) - the part when the officers describe the flight characteristics is also pretty eye-opening.

"We made several attempts to ... get closer to it, but the object seemed to be aware of us and we were more successful remaining motionless and allow it to approach us, which it did on several occasions." Each time it did so, they experienced strong radio interference as the UFO emitted a red beam of light that swept the area and illuminated the ground. "The object was capable of moving in any direction. Up and down, back and forth ... it moved at high (extremely) speeds and several times we watched it change directions or reverse itself while moving at unbelievable speeds."

California Highway Patrol Officers Charles A. Carson and Stanley Scott

I suppose if we had a satellite on hand back then we could zoom in and try to discern the nature of the object - I'm sure the National Reconnaissance Office would have been interested but they weren't around then (established 12 days later).

originally posted by: karl 12

This is a good example with police officers and this is another example involving military personnel.

I know you think the object in the Portage county case was the planet Venus but any ideas on the other incidents mentioned like Edwards or Kirtland?

Suppose I should have known better than to ask you your opinion on the nature of objects involved in specific UFO cases like Red Bluff, Edwards, Kirtland or La Joya Military Base Jim (but you are a self styled 'UFO expert' after all).

Can I ask you why you always refuse to comment on some of the more interesting cases?

It does state in this article that you actually used to be a 'Security Officer' at Kirtland Air Force Base (in charge of maintaining safeguards for classified government documents) so isn't it reasonable to assume you would be slightly curious about a major radar confirmed UFO event there on November 4th, 1957?

(post by earthmanDave removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: earthmanDave

And what little credibility this program of yours had, is now gone.

Anything associated with Jamie Maussan (Tercer Milenio) must be met with maximum skeptisim.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Still waiting for my Tinitell from KickStopper so wont be holding my breath for the tangibly more complex cube sat .

Liked the bit about "detecting ionising radiation - which is believed to be emitted by UFO's"- .

ETA : Ahh Dave: has anyone looked into the statistical likelihood of capturing a small object vectoring into a large spherical body (like the Earth's) atmosphere using one sat??
edit on 26-1-2016 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: 111DPKING111

Fascinating multiple police officer UFO case that one mate, especially when the object is reported to have emitted a red beam of light (and electromagnetic interference) - the part when the officers describe the flight characteristics is also pretty eye-opening.

"We made several attempts to ... get closer to it, but the object seemed to be aware of us and we were more successful remaining motionless and allow it to approach us, which it did on several occasions." Each time it did so, they experienced strong radio interference as the UFO emitted a red beam of light that swept the area and illuminated the ground. "The object was capable of moving in any direction. Up and down, back and forth ... it moved at high (extremely) speeds and several times we watched it change directions or reverse itself while moving at unbelievable speeds."

California Highway Patrol Officers Charles A. Carson and Stanley Scott

I suppose if we had a satellite on hand back then we could zoom in and try to discern the nature of the object - I'm sure the National Reconnaissance Office would have been interested but they weren't around then (established 12 days later).

Suppose I should have known better than to ask you your opinion on the nature of objects involved in specific UFO cases like Red Bluff, Edwards, Kirtland or La Joya Military Base Jim (but you are a self styled 'UFO expert' after all).

Can I ask you why you always refuse to comment on some of the more interesting cases?

It does state in this article that you actually used to be a 'Security Officer' at Kirtland Air Force Base (in charge of maintaining safeguards for classified government documents) so isn't it reasonable to assume you would be slightly curious about a major radar confirmed UFO event there on November 4th, 1957?

Good stuff mate.

I have always been of the opinion that there are enough of those kind of UFO cases ,you know the ones that are totally ignored or avoided like the plague by the naysayers that proves that genuine unknowns displaying advanced flight characteristics and intelligence are beyond any mundane or natural explanation.

Silence speaks volumes and can also be perceived as a self protection virtue.

Hope this venture takes off and reveals some unknowns ,and by unknowns i mean not due to lack of data but by the "high strangeness" data they contain.

NICAP and its database of various UFO cases all but proved to me that some UFOs could very be extraterrestrial in origin and why not,science does not know all there is to know at present and anyone trying to promote this are the ones to avoid.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Oops. Took down the other post. Sorry if I screwed up there. Must be cause of the kickstarter link. Sorry. I do understand some not liking the Mexican link to the project. But we just trying to get the word out as much as possible. As for the radiation aspect. Anything is possible. Lots of What If's.. It could help if everything picks up something at once. And with ground sighting matching what we might see is even better. Someone has to do something, instead of posting CGI vid's and some old farmer say, "Me and Millie seen it, and she fed it beans and cornbread for lunch"" . You know what I mean. Someone has to start somewhere, and we are. It seems all we have is sightings that MUFON gathers and really nothing in space we can count on. Can't use the ISS video's, They just cut it and put up the old screes saying, be back soon..... Yea, right... It depends on how much we raise is what we will be able to do. We would love to put up more then one, or atleast have a larger sat that can stay up longer. It all depends on the funds we raise. We have to try something. No one else will or has. This could garner some good media coverage and might be able to really make this something.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME

I've been waiting for years for a private organization to come along and research the UFO phenomenon. Now, if they provide FULL DISCLOSURE, NO EDITING, that would be awesome!
edit on 26-1-2016 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join