It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Incredible Storms Brewing: Many Images

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Well I have to hand it to you, you were much more accurate than any meteorologist on the news around here last time! Let me ask you, What will the Philadelphia area get from this?

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Fascinating posts, thanks for the work !

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Thanks, Indy. You gives us the weather facts without all the meida hype. And, the media tells you little about what will happen, just mostly scary unreliable predictions.

Here in the NE suburbs of Detroit, we have maybe 2 inches from the morning. It is blowing some.
And, as on 2:00 pm, it has begun snowing again.

Indy,
the BIG question to be is the track of the storm in reagrds to what they now cutely call "the wintry mix" Where do you figure the ice/sleet will track.

I also heard a scar forecast for the east coast of the US, that this storm will bring mostly ice to the east coast, and bitterly cold temps. Is this what you are seeing?

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Indy:

Great SST map... thanks for that.. I was just talking to my buddy @ the NHC.. wish I had seen that map first.. it's a bad sign for this summer if that area off africa is running 1-2c above normal now..

Fun fun fun.. big season ahead.. again..

[edit]
Where did you get that SST map from.. this one shows something different (not saying the other one is wrong, different period being considered I'm sure, just curious)..

www.nhc.noaa.gov...

[end edit]

Osiris

[edit on 5-1-2005 by otlg27]

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   
let me just say...we've been waiting a while for our snow up here in NH and i'll be glad to see it...plus i have a ski race friday

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Thank you for the post!!!!!

What about Canada, eh? Hahaha...
Eastern Ontario...mmm...say...OTTAWA?

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 12:42 AM
link   
What about Canada: It's going to be cold- forever.

Somebody mentioned that this is sort of a low-intensity el-nino year. It doesn't seem low intensity though. What does the rest of the world usually do during elnino? Is it supposed to be warmer oceans all over, or is that supposed to be localized?
I'm wondering if for some reason the effects have been broader to cause a "dilluted" yet more potent el nino?
(I'm not a weather expert I know- I'm tossing out stupid questions in hopes of being given a good explanation)

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
What about Canada: It's going to be cold- forever.

Somebody mentioned that this is sort of a low-intensity el-nino year. It doesn't seem low intensity though. What does the rest of the world usually do during elnino? Is it supposed to be warmer oceans all over, or is that supposed to be localized?
I'm wondering if for some reason the effects have been broader to cause a "dilluted" yet more potent el nino?
(I'm not a weather expert I know- I'm tossing out stupid questions in hopes of being given a good explanation)

warmer pacific, historically colder atlantic (at least in the hurricane belt)

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 02:56 AM
link   
You called it again, Indy

We just had very strange weather here in SCentral Alaska- it was in the mid 40's and raining- it almost melted all the snow. This went on for about 4 days- now we are back below freeezing.
And everything is a sheet of ice! What a melt- especially for Jan.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I was reading about that: strange things are happening in several places right now:

-Alaska experienced a very unseasonal warming
-New Zealand sees first iceberg since 1948
-Brazil sees tornadoes (they are so rare there they don't have tornado forecasting equipment)

source: www.unknowncountry.com...

Looks like some serious stuff...
Thoughts?

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Indy, we had a story on our local news (Louisville, ky) about this, plus I read a link, which said Louisville could have flooding, that compaired with the 1937 flood that occurred here. The local weather guy, really just laughed off this story, saying it's un-likely to ever have a rain like that again. While we may not have an event like 1937 for quite sometime, I find it irresponsable to just take the info, and toss it aside, like the local weather people seemed to do. For the national guys to show some concern, they must feel something bad may happen, we must always be aware, when dealing with the weather.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Thanks for the post Indy!
fortunatly, the ice storm here in the k.c. area was not that bad. Had it been 2 degrees colder about 5 hours earlier it would have been though. Now they are saying it is going to be back in the 50's soon right before another storm next Wed. Kind of anxious to see how that one turns out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join