It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opportunity Rover finds Dome

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: bkfd54

What's that to the right of it?

Yeah I wondered that, what is the structure next to that that dome. Two domes, and then what looks like a path, a road.

Or pipes maybe. One of the more interesting finds on Mars, whatever it turns out to be, or not be.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

originally posted by: zenartist
a reply to: Klassified

can the rover each it ? whats the distance?

Good question, but the better question is whether or not nasa wants the rover to reach it.

My sentiments exactly....

But, it probably is, just a rock.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Mystery solved,It`s just a rock, or more precisely it`s just a pile of rocks.

The rover took close up pictures of them on SOL 4004 and sol 4005.

but first here is the map of the rover`s route:

you can reference the map to see exactly where the rover was as it took each picture.

The first picture we have of the "Dome" was taken on SOL3967 as the rover was approaching the hill
This is the picture from SOL 3967

The next picture we have of the "dome" was taken on SOL3991 as the rover was moving around to the opposite side of the hill
This picture is from SOL3991

This next 2 pictures are close up pictures of the "dome" one is a nav-cam picture taken on 4004 the other is a panoramic camera picture taken on 4005:
NAV-CAM SOL4004

Panoramic cam SOL4005

This next picture was taken on SOL4012 as the rover was leaving the hill:

This last picture was taken on SOL4073 as the rover continued it`s journey around the base of the hill:

By cross referencing the map and the pictures it seems like NASA did see the "dome" on SOL3967 and they did take a closer look at it.
edit on 26-11-2015 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-11-2015 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Looks like a saucer. Maybe that thing to the right is Die Glocke the Nazi Bell power plant.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Great job on the research!!!!! Buzz kill but great job! I'm trying now to associate a level of perspective with other reference points. Obviously empiracle evidence. Doesn't stop the mystery of the red planet though.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Looking at the rover tracking map and the obvious spherical object around SOL 4005/6 I don't see it correlating to the pile being imaged and appears to be much larger than your rubble pile. Not sure if I'm buying....

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: hubrisinxs
The Pic from NASA itself

My wife, a trained geologist, said it looks like an old river bed that the rover is in. It is quite possible that is a large rounded river stone. The shiny reflection is because it has got some reflective metal inside it.

No civilization on Mars. At best some fish and small animals, more than likely there were only simple bacteria.

Once you have to continue adding improbable layer on top of improbable layer to excuse something as nothing.....it becomes no less fantastic than any other theory.

Like swamp gas + venus + chinese lanterns +weather balloon......is more likely than just saying "UFO".
edit on 26-11-2015 by stevieray because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

The 'Spirit of St.Louis' is a crater, not a hill.

SOL 3968

'Lindberg' is this pile of stones in said darkish crater, but it doesn't sit on a hilltop.

Interesting find, OP! S&F.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: bkfd54

Looking at the rover tracking map and the obvious spherical object around SOL 4005/6 I don't see it correlating to the pile being imaged and appears to be much larger than your rubble pile. Not sure if I'm buying....

yeah, showing photos that don't contain anything even remotely resembling the first photo......not a credible "case closed" approach. Not accepting such a claim that has literally nothing to it.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: hubrisinxs
The Pic from NASA itself

My wife, a trained geologist, said it looks like an old river bed that the rover is in. It is quite possible that is a large rounded river stone. The shiny reflection is because it has got some reflective metal inside it.

No civilization on Mars. At best some fish and small animals, more than likely there were only simple bacteria.

Ok but whats right next to it ?

it looks like a rounded Hut another Habitat

for a rounded large domed Rock of that gigantic size ?
to be a River Water Eroded Worn Rock that spinned from a Current ,
is highly unlikely , yes Ancient mars had Liquid H20 all over it
, and Rivers to Streams..

but for something like this a large Dome Shape Habitat ,
with a smaller building next it , as it looks
or its just plain rocks ,
of course NASA would have some close ups ,
that they will refuse to show to the Public

still the mysteries of Mars will always be Cydonia ..
as shapes there reminds me of what you see Ancient
Structures in ((( IRAN )))

lets look at some Habitat Concepts ...

could there of been ,, a Secret Mission from either the Soviet's or American's going to Mars
and what you see is left overs , after a accomplished mission , or maybe if from different Country,
or they are not from this Earth.. or perhaps it was a Non manned test Run Drop , a prep,
for a Future Mars Mission, you can go on and On, about this , until we have a Better view of Pictures of that same location and in High Detail and in Color .. We may never Know , NASA is Full of Surprises..

and IF it was a Structure a NON Natural Formation , I would Not be the Least Surprised.

Its Just either ROCKS, or a Intelligent Designed Structure
edit on 42015ThursdayfAmerica/Chicago11329 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

edit on 42015ThursdayfAmerica/Chicago11329 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
nice find!! S&F

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Rather than the full-blown earlier civilization, I think it's likely that NASA would be keeping other "black budget" stuff undisclosed, or perhaps that somebody else has done something more advanced than America. Both entirely plausible.

Many trillions of black budget over the years has built a lot more than a few secret craft like Aurora.

I can see how they may be doing defensive / security work based on threats that they just won't disclose publicly. Things that are just so much bigger and far-reaching than the run-of-the-mill NASA programs known by the public.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Interesting domes. nice find

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Schmoe55

Sure, but you're making the assumption that it is indeed round. Again, lacking objectivity. Certain non round objects can appear round at certain angles. This is what is going on here, as proven by someone else on this thread a few posts back.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Recently reviewed this article regarding a recent panoramic from the opportunity rover. Clearly the image shows what appears to be a solid semi spherical object with outlying smaller structures that are less than environmentally produced. Having difficulty uploading images to a overpowered for insert from my iPhone so I provided a link to the original nasa image.

Mysterious object in Sol 4073

Excerpt:
The pictures were taken on Sol 4073 (Martian Day 4073 or 2015-07-10 UTC on Earth) by the Opportunity rover’s panoramic camera (Pancam). The structure is easy to spot as it sits forward on a hill and is the largest raised formation in the area. Its isolation and surface – which appears to be different than the surrounding rocks and soil – makes it look like it doesn’t belong in the natural layout of the area. If it’s not natural, what is it?

Original NASA image

Mark Watney.. We will bring you home lol

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: dr1234
a reply to: Schmoe55

Sure, but you're making the assumption that it is indeed round. Again, lacking objectivity. Certain non round objects can appear round at certain angles. This is what is going on here, as proven by someone else on this thread a few posts back.

You need to actually show a reasonable explanation of the round artifact. Not some rubble, or slight mound, that has no possibility of being seen as round from any angle, ever.

Show us something that's obviously the same thing, from different views that look vastly different. A view that shows the "misleading round view", at the same time showing the non-round portion of it. That would help.

That would be helpful. Hasn't happened in this thread.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

you`re right!
I found more pictures,
this picture also taken on SOL4006 shows the "dome" off in the distance near the top of the picture:

so the rover was still nowhere near the "dome" on SOL 4006

here`s a picture taken on SOL4016 the "dome" is in the distance

more pictures taken on SOL4142 and SOL4154

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: tonycodes
I think its so funny that the rover just never gets a close shot of any of this stuff lol we sent it there for close up of this kind of stuff, not distance shots lol great find!

I see it the other way, why are these things always found far away from the rover? Because if they were close we could see what they look like.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I really have trouble buying this , the original looks totally different , who says that this "rock" "dome" was there at the first drive-by ?

I don't know , for me it ain't over until its over..

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

Well we all know how accurate and unbiased science and history books have turned out to be. So you just revealed how full of false and outdated information you are. And your mind is a closed door. You're a useless zombie now. Congratulations!!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join