It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opportunity Rover finds Dome

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: bkfd54

Interesting photo! Yet another Mars anomaly, to add to all the rest. How many of these, I ask again, do we have to see before everyone stops claiming they can't be anything but rocks?

What's the point of exploring the planet, anyway, if they can't divert the Rover to look at the more interesting things? Isn't the whole point to find out as much as possible? If they can't divert, we may as well just quit now.

Rocks that look like lizards, a rock that looks like a rodent, and now domes? Yes, domes; as some pointed out, there are more than one. Not to mention various other oddities about this planet.

That is a dome. It's way too smooth to be a rock, and too regular on the edges we can see. The smaller bit looks like the edges are sort of squared, but smoothed, and it also looks like it cold have a window. That one bit looks like pipe or covered wiring, or something of the sort. To the right of the smaller bit is a white part that looks very flat for a rock.

Instead of assuming that we now everything, perhaps we should start actually looking at all of the evidence. Maybe there is more to learn. Isn't that why we have missions on Mars? To learn? Or just to claim there is nothing more to see?

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

You're best off looking at the non-smoothened enlarged image posted earlier. The wiring and second dome are mostly JPEG artifacts.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   
*Sigh* Don't you hate it when you make what you believe to be an important and informative post, only for it to end up on the previous page almost immediately?

Here's another good overhead view, from hirise.lpl.arizona.edu...

(magnified x4)

Colour-wise, it's the same reddish as the terrain around it, _not_ grey or silvery metal.

~~~

@LadyGreenEyes the rovers are there do do science, and follow carefully thought-out plans. If they went this way and that way to examine anything that the public deems an anomaly, they would never get anything done.

Ideally, what we should get is a rover with a small drone aircraft that could flutter up to such interesting objects, take pictures, and fly back to the rover. That way, the rover could get on with proper science, while we'd still get a closer look at stuff public finds interesting.
edit on 30-11-2015 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

I'm not sure what "it" actually is?

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
Interesting photo! Yet another Mars anomaly, to add to all the rest. How many of these, I ask again, do we have to see before everyone stops claiming they can't be anything but rocks?

When they look like they couldn't be rocks.

What's the point of exploring the planet, anyway, if they can't divert the Rover to look at the more interesting things? Isn't the whole point to find out as much as possible? If they can't divert, we may as well just quit now.

To me, there are two problems with this: first, these "discoveries" usually happen some time after the rover has moved to another location; second, "rocks that look like something" are not unusual, and they are only rocks.

That is a dome. It's way too smooth to be a rock, and too regular on the edges we can see. The smaller bit looks like the edges are sort of squared, but smoothed, and it also looks like it cold have a window. That one bit looks like pipe or covered wiring, or something of the sort. To the right of the smaller bit is a white part that looks very flat for a rock.

It's only that smooth because people resize the image with resampling, making it smoother than the original. This is how the original looks like when resized without resampling.

Instead of assuming that we now everything, perhaps we should start actually looking at all of the evidence. Maybe there is more to learn. Isn't that why we have missions on Mars? To learn? Or just to claim there is nothing more to see?

What evidence, that there are rocks on Mars? We already know that.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Are there glass domes on the moon?

During the 1960s the domed city concept was widely discussed outside the confines of science fiction. Is it a coincidence that in the run to the moon such domes were discussed? Probably not. To us it’s just yet another example how history is repeating itself and how close our geniuses have approached the knowledge of our creators (thanks to the hidden knowledge of that same creators of course). Glass domes are just a fraction away to be crated. And nanotechnology will use flexible glass to protect those domes against a lot of dangers (for instance dangerous rays from the sun). We think on the moon are a lot of glass domes. Richard Hoagland may be exaggerating, his name is not Richard Hoaxland. A lot of what he says makes sense, if you believe in the ancient aliens astronaut theory.

Only don’t hope for a disclosure from NASA. That would be naïve. NASA wants us to discuss about the moon or Mars and the photos they are publishing. A yes/no discussion is something that fits in their strategy to keep us busy.

Yes we think our real rulers know about structures on the moon and maybe on Mars or another planet in our solar system. They know everything, because they have their knowledge from our creators.
IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Mon Nov 30 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: zandra

We think on the moon are a lot of glass domes.

And why do you think that? Got any evidence? Where are these glass domes in the LRO imagery?

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

I thought there actually were, but they were natural phenomena due to ancient lava flows or something?

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I noticed something back on page 4 I think, in the shot posted by intergalactic fire. If you look further to the right in the shot from further back, there is another pile or structure (depending on what you think). It looks quite similar to the others to the left and is more upright. Can anyone get a closer look at it?

Link: mars.nasa.gov...

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: Baddogma

If you assume any living body has a D.N.A informational sequence to sculpt that body for its environment, then we also have to assume that solar radiation has a good chance of damaging the sequence.On Mars any living thing would have to live away from the damaging surface radiation. So its in the caves and underground where the rover should be looking . Saying the red planet is too young to have developed intelligent life could be fraught with a time dilation problem as Mars time would not be Earth time . If we are talking millennia with time being relative , then evolution could be a lot faster on Mars relative to Earth , in that case any intelligent civilisation could have out grown its original Martian D.N.A .Then altered it to suit whatever is required. In fractions of the time , it takes relative to Earth time.

Very good point - also, they may not have "suffered" from religion, which held us back by at least a millennia

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: zandra

Personally, I believe there are structures on the moon. Not sure of the composition though. I will say without actually putting a foot on the ground (Mars) we can only speculate as to the nature of this structure or pile. As far as the moon, we have had people set foot on the lunar firma and they have affirmed the existence of structures.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Actually, from the perspective of the camera lens and the original pixelated image and relative position as it relates to the rover it is built on the level.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

I agree but people will criticize your drawing because you haven't used the original pixelated version which would cloud your depiction and lend credence to the debunkers...it's unfortunate. Both sides of the debate are simply left to speculation and conjecture based on what NASA feeds us.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I'm late to the discussion, but this looks really interesting, to say the least. I'm generally an it's-a-rock kinda guy, but this dome, coupled with what looks like a zig-zaggy road up to some sort of structure outside of the dome really is intriguing.

Maybe it's the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse...there is a song where Goofy sings the lyrics, "Twinkle, twinkle, little little star, help me find my way to get to Mars..."

Yeah, I have a 2-year-old.
edit on 30-11-2015 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: bkfd54
a reply to: strongfp

Actually, from the perspective of the camera lens and the original pixelated image and relative position as it relates to the rover it is built on the level.

If you draw a line through the dome shaped rock's apex you'll then see the deviation from plumb. That appears not to be level to me.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Devino

I fail to see how that is any different than what I showed.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Maybe I'm wrong but I see a tilt of about 10° or more from your image with the triangles, it does not look level. I thought if you were to draw a line through the top of the dome downward, through its apex, you would see the deviation from plum/level as well.

I suppose it doesn't matter since the evidence presented in this thread indicates that this is a rock.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I love it when you guys yell "Rocks". Would you walk up to geologists, in the wild, and yell "...what's so interesting, it's just a rock!" to them? Makes no sense. If you took a geology class or had some geology in your science class in high school, did you tell your teacher to quit talking about minerals and ore because "It's a Rock!" Do you walk into Jewelry stores with your girlfriend or wife and tell the sales associate to shut up because obviously that's not an interesting and expensive gemstone...because..."It's a rock!" LOL Wow!

If you aren't smart enough to get involved in the conversation, you shouldn't post here.

This is an amazing pic. Don't know what it is, but the amateur geologist in me is just as interested as the amateur archaeologist!

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Devino

Evidence as you call it is not impericle and can be used to support both sides. Also, your making the assumption that the rover takes pictures on the level.
edit on 30/11/2015 by bkfd54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Erm... all those things you mentioned are actually rocks. Rocks can be interesting too, and the rovers on Mars have examined many interesting rocks and mineral formations.

The only silly thing is shouting "UFO!" or "alien base" every time you see something vaguely dome-or-cube-like.

Nature makes regular shapes too.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join