It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A strange personal experience I had...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: WhiteWingedMonolith

With all due respect, half your post is SUPER interesting and the other half, very presumptuous. I get that some people don't look favorably on cannabis, but don't pretend to know the scientific facts behind a plant that has been denied rigorous scientific study by the most powerful entity on earth and pretend to know me or my habits or mannerisms. It's people like you that make it hard to even have a debate because the very mention of me even partaking in such a social habit causes you to treat me as if I'm some heroin junkie nodding off in alleys.

The reason we can't all sit face to face and just talk to each other & "feel good" is because people like you are judgmental and self-serving. Of course YOU have all the answers to happiness, if only you were OUR LEADER the world would be a much better place.

Please....

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: wasaka

I REALLY enjoyed reading your post! lol Strangely, I feel like I only understood half of what you said & the other half, my soul is just telling my brain not to worry about trying to understand it, we already know this inside

A little more background about me, I was born to single mom who is not very religious, but she was raised by my Lutheran Christian grandmother who credited Jesus with saving her life from my mom's abusive father. So my mom was never into the reading the bible or going to church like my grandmother, but she respected both and could recognize the goodness in people who were trying to follow this way of life. So not a 100% believer but will accepts the possibility that the Jesus is real and the bible is true if someone asks.

But even as a child, it just didn't make sense to me. The whole thing felt like a convenient story that we told ourselves because we didn't actually know. But here's this really old book and everyone around us sort of believes it literally so us kids do too. But I always reserved my version of events for myself and didn't try to convince others of what I was believing.

But as I grew up & started learning about different cultures & religions, I realized a lot of my own personal beliefs were shared by other religions, some older than our Christianity. This confirmed my doubt that Christianity is the one true path in life & showed me that humans have been trying to explain our origins to their best abilities for thousands of years. Every religion has their pros and cons, their reasons for being right compared to the competing ideologies.

At this point in time, I feel that none of them really have a convincing reason for why they are "the way." They are essentially glorified tips on how to live a good fulfilling life, spliced with thousands of lifestyle restrictions placed by egotistical tyrants who are long dead. I can confidently say that I have learned nothing from Christianity or other religions that I didn't already know by the time I was 8 years old. I learned these things from going to school in the 90's. Sharing is caring, don't cheat, don't steal, respect your elders, be true to yourself and others, etc. are all lessons I learned from my mother and from the California public school system. Granted, it could be argued that these forces in my life were all influenced by religion to a certain degree, but they taught me these lessons without bringing up hell or damnation. My soul being saved never came up in kindergarten. Nickelodeon and media in general was full of shows and PSA's about accepting those who are different than you.

This tells me that knowing our origins or having a universal belief system is irrelevant to the overall goal 99% of us have of just having a good, fulfilling time while we are alive together. One day this will all end and if an afterlife exists, do you really think you'd be satisfied knowing you skipped the movie of your life to obsess over what the end credits scene is going to be? Is the point of a good book to know what the last chapter is, word for word? I think not...

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Vulcanelli

Yah, doesn't sound like a 'problem', to me.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

In fact thats about as sane and aware as one can be. Its a gift over your whole life to be able to distinguish truth from falsehood from an early age.

Not always knowing the answer or the right thing to do, but knowing something isn't right about the world and its 'belief systems'.

Not going down the wrong path eventually leads to the right one. You'll be fine.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: SachaX

Or...being under the influence as you say, allows for a more relaxed conscious state and opens the chakra and allows for spiritual experiences. Man has been smoking and vaping to connect with the unseen for thousands of years.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: SachaX

Maybe being faded allowed him to have this experience in the first place. Besides, people don't trip out on weed. The first few times or whatever can be intense, but you're not going to see a floating clone trooper head like I did off mushrooms. It just advances the senses. For instance I can hear individual sounds in music and physically feel the music way more, just because i'm stoned doesnt mean it's not happening. It just tunes my senses to be able to do that. Maybe this guy being faded tuned him with something that could interact with him because he was faded. Rastas smoke tons of weed to have spiritual experiences, can't just discount what they've seen and realized because they're faded. An experience experienced is real, whether or not the person has taken drugs does not make it any less real, perhaps it makes it even more real and opens up the persons senses to something extra that wouldnt be normally perceived

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vulcanelli

I REALLY enjoyed reading your post! lol Strangely, I feel like I only understood half of what you said & the other half, my soul is just telling my brain not to worry about trying to understand it, we already know this inside

I enjoyed reading what your wrote.

So I hear this voice in my head, exactly the same as when you hear your own thoughts (or I guess my own) except with one main difference. I'm very aware that I'm not generating these words. As in, I am not the source of these thoughts. But I'm hearing them as my own inner voice. I assume everyone has this inner voice to process thoughts or words, right? The same one that helps me plan out my steps throughout the day or plan what I'm going to say before I say it. This voice begins to reassure me to not be alarmed. I don't remember the exact words that I heard, but it was something along the lines of, "Do not be afraid, there is no need to be alarmed. I know this is strange, but trust me, it will pass very soon. I mean you no harm."

My experience is AWARENESS of PRESENCE
and not a VOICE per se, or MOVEMENT of my BODY
as you discribe. Those forces are there, but for
what ever reason, they are gentle with me.

But as I grew up & started learning about different cultures & religions, I realized a lot of my own personal beliefs were shared by other religions, some older than our Christianity. This confirmed my doubt that Christianity is the one true path in life & showed me that humans have been trying to explain our origins to their best abilities for thousands of years.

I have come to understand, though much personal study, that Christianity is a corruption of what Jesus was teaching. He said "Today is the Day of Salvation" but what does that mean to us today? What did it mean to the Jew in the 1st century? These are two very different answers, but which one ought we know the answer too.... if we want to understand what Jesus was actually saying, and trying to communicate in his time and space. we need that perspective. Remember, was not sent to address the problem of Americans living in the 21 century... this Messiah was sent to the 1st century Jews to bring about the End of the Abraham Covenant and to usher in the New. But did He... Did this Jewish Messiah accomplish his goal... or did the Abraham Covenant and that Legalism of Judaism just become the Legalism of Christianity?

I do not believe that ever happened.... Christ mission remain unfulfilled.

The Christ came to bring an end to the Old Covenant made with Abraham, and to usher in a NEW AGE... but his new way was recieve only by a few... and in the course of time, the Christian Era become just another form of Abraham Covenant (legalistic religion) which Jesus lived and died to fulfill (or "fill full of meaning" which He did) and to thereby destroy (or "set aside for all time" which He did) but no one seems to understand it. And so we see Christianity as utter corrupt because it obscures Jesus purpose and denies His purpose in us, in you and me. OUR purpose (in Christ) is to LIVE as JESUS did, to be the LIGHT, to heal the world, etc... but how can we, if we believe the wrong things?

My study of Buddhism reveal must the same thing, this AWAKENED ONE was teaching much that is not taught today, and much of what is taught today Buddha did not teach. Sound familiar? It is easier, however, to uncover the what Buddha was all about by reading between the lines of what is taught in his name. Not so Jesus. He gospel is largely a mystery until you return to the culture of his time and then listen to what he said (or what is written down and recorded that he said). The sad fact is we don't really know what to believe, so much has been corrupted it is hardly worth the effort.

My own writing has focused on this thing I call "The Buddha Code" which is my attempt to make sense out of this life and all the strangeness of living in an upside-down world. It is my attempt to address the conundrum, and to reach a place in life with I can experience joy, peace, and happiness.

Years ago, my brother had a cross-over experience. He died. He experience Afterlife, and then he came back. When ever I see him or talk to him, I ask question about this experience on the otherside. What he has shared with me is a book he says can help me understand what he knows to be true having been on the otherside. That book is called "A Course of Love" and it is written by the risen Christ for our time and space, for our Era, for our Age. I find that it speaks to me in way other Holy Books "speak" to me. I mean that they contain wisdom and insight that I want to revisit and continue to extract as I move through this live now in progress.

I would not call it my scripture, but I would say that it helps me change my mind, and to see the world thru "the Thought System of Heaven" which is to say, seeing the world with Christ Vision. This is so radically different form any other vision that it can really spin you around, and leave you sitting on the floor, wondering what just happened. Anything that helps you change your mind has to be a good thing? Right? This thing I call "The Buddha Code" is my attempt to merge the Teaching of Buddha with the essential truths Jesus expressds in A Course of Love. The goal being to encourage the reader to return to ONENESS and experience the PEACE of GOD and the HEALING from self-inflicted pain.

edit on 1-12-2015 by wasaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Hey, your posts are VERY interesting! and I was wondering - is your brother's book "A Course of LOVE" available? Or can you share some of it with us??

I know I'm SUPER late to the thread but I'm so interested to know what your brother experienced!

And OP your experience is AMAZING! I once experienced hearing a thought-voice like the one you describe. Save I wasn't high nor had I taken any mind altering substances at all at this point in my life.

I was a sophomore in high school, 15, we had free time in class and I was writing up a fictional story when all of the sudden I begin 'hearing' thoughts that were not my own. These thoughts came unbidden and would just 'appear' in my thought space. It's very weird to describe because it sounded exactly like thoughts but you don't actually 'hear' your thoughts, you just perceive them. I remember wondering if I was imagining this, over and over and coming to the conclusion each time I asked myself that, Yes; I really am experiencing this. Whatever it is.

I vaguely remember that the thoughts/voice would sporadically show up in my thought space a few times over the course of a week or two, but I don't REALLY remember this. I remember that the occurrence was SUPER weird for me and that I had no explanations or answers as to what was happening - so I tried my best to ignore it.

The last time I 'heard' the voice/thoughts I was in the same class that I first heard it, free time again; and I was going over a course of actions I knew I would have to take if, whatever this was, didn't stop. I was thinking to myself, as I had a time or two before this, that if this didn't Stop, I would have to tell my mother that I was hearing voices and being a nurse she would get me checked out. I KNEW that if I told her and she got me checked out they would likely give me medication, and I KNEW whatever medication they would give me would change me, and I KNEW that that would ruin what I had come here to do.

I was moving myself into accepting that I was going to tell my mother, once I got home, that I was hearing a voice in my head. And as soon as I began to accept this course of action the voice/thoughts disappeared, and I haven't 'heard' it since. While experiencing this I received/got no malevolent intent, and I wasn't scared at all; just VERY confused.

Now eleven years later I have more information on what that could have been, I wish I had asked it questions, wish I hadn't pushed it away; I still wonder what that could have been . . . And I wonder - if it will ever come back. . .

Nice thread OP

In Lak'ech

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: SachaX
"paranormal experiences" are taken with a grain of salt when someone is under the influence.
Using mind altering substances and feeling the effects, no matter how odd, causes some to construe it as paranormal.
No matter how experienced you are at knowing your bodie's reaction to things... if it is something that alters the brain, the chemical reactions are out of your control and you never know what you will get.

Do it w/o getting drunk/high and I'll be more intent to know more or your experience.

Why do you feel the need to judge and criticize the OP? He isn't claiming a "paranormal experience" as you say. He is simply sharing a strange experience with us. There is no need for the condescending nature of your post.

You said "Do it w/o getting drunk/high and I'll be more intent to know more or your experience. ", What exactly do you want him to "DO"? He didn't 'DO" anything, he was simply chilling on his couch relaxing after a hard days work, when something strange happened to him.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Did the voice sound familiar? The first thing I thought of was someone on the other side (who died) knew you were "open" to discovering the paranormal and was testing things on you. Possibly someone you once knew?

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Hi folks,
I am new here but I have been lurking for a while now reading the threads (yes I will have an avatar later when I get on my pc). I took the plunge and joined because of this and one other post I read last night. I wanted to share my experience with you. I will say I have to somewhat question anything experienced while under the influence of drugs but that is not saying I deny it happened I simply question experiences under those circumstances because of the effect drugs have on the human system. That being said here is my experience a friend of mine also witnessed parts of this. The first parts to be exact.

So years ago in my youngun teenage years I had my first truly paranormal experience. I was at my friend's house and we had been outside riding her horses and feeding her other animals. One was a female dog in heat. A male dog had been trying to get at her so we were outside watching for it. I thought I saw something move on the road but my friend really freaked and we ran and hide by her house. I asked what was going on because of how quickly we left where we had been. This was around dusk. As I asked this I looked in the directs she pointed and as I looked I saw three wolf heads appear and heard her say she saw a wolf running (we don't have a wolf problem in my neck of the woods). I noticed the wolves were in a triangle like formation with the largest at the top. I was honestly more freaked by the possibility of a wolf running loose than these apparitions. The eyes were what I would describe as warm and loving maybe even slightly playful. I told her what I saw and she ran so I followed her. While sitting in her bedroom I happened to look towards her closet. She was sitting at her mirror by this point and talking but honestly I wasn't paying attention to her. I saw the larger of the wolf heads in her closet and I watched as it turned into a beautiful Native American woman. She had long dark braids with leather like straps tying them off and a dress similar to what you might see at a pow wow. She was smiling. I was a bit weirded out obviously but not honestly afraid. She spoke to me. I can only describe it as similar to your experience. It was like hearing but not with my ears with my mind. She told me That she was not there to hurt me but to help me and guide me. If I needed her I was to call her name and she would do what ever she could to help me. She gave me a name of Grandmother Wolf and she chuckled. She told me the wolf was my spirit animal. She smiled and disappeared. It was crazy to my young mind because I had never experienced anything on this scale before.

A few weeks later I told my mother who asked me to relay what happened to my grandmother. When I described the woman I had seen she sent my grandfather up to her attic to retrieve a picture. She kept a lot of older pictures up there only the ones of living family members was kept in plain sight. When I saw this picture my jaw dropped. It was the same woman! My grandmother told me she was always something of a joker and liked to make an entrance. It was her great grandmother. This woman died many years before I was born.

As I have grown older I don't see her like I did that night but if I call her name I can feel her. And to her credit has come to help any time I have called. I wish this was the strangest thing that has ever happened to me. This is the closest experience I could reasonably share though.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join