It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A friendly "Hallo & Guten Abend" from Germany

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Dear ATS'ers,

I've already been around for a couple of years and thought it would be about time to finally say "hello!" to the incomparable ATS-community.

Since there is a lot going on in our world nowadays I decided to catch up with ATS and would like to express my thoughts and exchange information on several topics.

As a computer nerd and expert in IT-Security I could probably provide insights on a broad range of science related categories and would love to be a supportive asset to this community and help wherever it is needed.

Ya'll have a good one!

P.S. Although I have lived in the U.S. for a couple of years I didn't practice English for quite a while - so my posts might sound a little rusty and I hope you can ignore that fact

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Krautrock

Sounds good to me!

Welcome to being an active member.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Welcome. I spent many years in Germany, and I wish my German was as good as your English.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Welcome aboard.

A mod should be along shortly to show you where the restrooms are, and assign you a bunk.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Welcome. Your English and attitude are just fine. Better then some already here on the site

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Welcome!

I spent 5 years in the Mannheim area in the 80's and 90's.

Fond memories.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

A very warm welcome to you.

My MA was in Germanistik (Heldendichtung / Old Norse), so believe me I can appreciate nerdiness

What general region of Germany are you from? My Oma was from OstPreussen, and I studied in Bamberg during grad school. I have been meaning to visit again.

Your English is excellent, by the way.

Cheers and again, welcome!

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Good to see Germans in ATS. Wonder your point of view about all the refugees mess in your country.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Hello and welcome to ya.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Glad you're here. Welcome.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Thanks a lot for all your kind words, ATS!

originally posted by: SonOfThor

A very warm welcome to you.

My MA was in Germanistik (Heldendichtung / Old Norse), so believe me I can appreciate nerdiness

What general region of Germany are you from? My Oma was from OstPreussen, and I studied in Bamberg during grad school. I have been meaning to visit again.

Your English is excellent, by the way.

Cheers and again, welcome!

That sounds really nerdy! I bet you might have a big fundus of knowledge when it comes to Norsk Mythology, which I think is very interesting! BTW. do you have any recommendations about the story of Ragnarök to still the hunger of my reading pleasure?

I was born and raised near Kassel/Marburg (northern Hessen, you might know the story of the headless horseman or Grimm Brothers, thats where it took place). Let me know when you are planing to come around, I'd love to share some beers!

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Good to see Germans in ATS. Wonder your point of view about all the refugees mess in your country.

Dear Trueman,

I have mixed feelings about the actual situation and I bet I am not the only one with this feeling. Beside the fact that the media here in Germany does not stick to the truth (there is a lot of propaganda going on), I made some very good experience. My parents bought a house in the neighborhood where two families from Syria moved in. Those families are very well educated (Teachers, Lawyers and their children all started studying) - in this case I think those people are a great asset to our country as well as from the multi-cultural point of view - they integrate fast, go to language schools and share the evenings together with my family. We can learn a lot, vice versa. Let's hope the gov didn't let slip too many Da'eshs thru the borders.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Great reply, thank you.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Hello and welcome.

Much love!

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link