It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you buy my phone cases with my art on it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I've never sold any of my art and I feel like I'm at a point in my life that I have to start doing something with it. I can't keep it hidden much longer. So my question is: is it good enough to sell? Don't say like,"Oh, that's so nice!" when you really want to say, "Eh, good luck buddy but there are a lot of similar designs like that." So yeah! Honest feedback please!!!

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: 5letters

I quite like the last one but not feeling the others to be honest.... do you have any other designs?
And you could definitely sell phone cases, Etsy or Ebay or something.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I like the last (2) - now then, on another note., how about some crazy florescent colors, and some abstract designs? I believe this is a product worthy of purchasing; a broader spectrum would be desirable to hit all types of consumers..

Off topic; a friend of mine with one eye started doing art work and design on eye patches; she is rocking the house (especially for children

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
You might also want to take into account what people are willing to pay for a phone case versus how long it takes you to create one that might be popular, like the bottom design. A design is always art, but it's only art to a consumer if they know your name.

Don't sell on eBay, your designs will get lost in a sea of these, 46 Cent Phone Cases ... With Free Shipping.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Why spend your time and art on trinkets. Go big, Real BIG, on at least 6' x 8' stretched canvas frames.

Get gallery representation, enter competitions, do art fairs, get a www. presence, promote yourself.

You are that good!!

www.newamericanpaintings.com...

btw...I am an owner/partner in an Art Gallery as well as being an artisan myself. You have rare talent amigo!
edit on 25-11-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
the last one is the best out of those 2 examples.

As you said, there are so many cases already out there.
Why do i want to buy your case with your art, rather than the dollar store one?
Does your case offer more protection, say like an otter box?

The better quality of your case - the more of an advantage you have over others.
You want to protect peoples investment. Not just be another case on the market

Edit: Art suggestion Gears, Steam punk theme
edit on 25-11-2015 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Defenatly yes I just bought a case for $30 I was looking at them they were all tacky I just got a plain white one

I don't know how you made that especially the last one

Sell them on etsy.com people love vintage stuff

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Why spend your time and art on trinkets. Go big, Real BIG, on at least 6' x 8' stretched canvas frames.

Get gallery representation, enter competitions, do art fairs, get a www. presence, promote yourself.

You are that good!!

I second this. Do the cell cases, but branch out. Believe in yourself, and others will too. There will always be a market for original art. I've been thinking about getting back into photography like I used to be. Thanks for posting this, it's encouraging.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
No.
They are nice.
It is just that I don't use cases on my phones.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

originally posted by: olaru12

You are that good!!

I second this. Do the cell cases, but branch out. Believe in yourself, and others will too. There will always be a market for original art. I've been thinking about getting back into photography like I used to be. Thanks for posting this, it's encouraging.

Thats what my brother in law did.
www.markmaggiori.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I really like the first one OP. Very small minimalistic print...the only prints I'm drawn to. Beautiful job...do sell!

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Your artwork is great! Nice eye appeal and looks like a lot of fine effort. I wouldn't personally buy it, because, well, I prefer solid black on my phone cases.

I do think you could have a nice market for them, as I see plenty of people (mostly teens) who like colorful/decorative phone cases. The thing is, I don't know how much time you spend on each one, but it might be hard to capture the time-value. Meaning, if the same case in blank form would cost $20, you probably couldn't get much over that, unless you marketed them well.

How about having the original art reproduced? I don't know where you could get it done, but if your could do it in small bulk quantities and run off 100 copies, sell them through whatever available channels. Make sure you're "building your brand" in the process, and eventually, your originals would command real premium (though your money would be made on the volume of reproductions.)

Another idea might be to license your designs to be sold by another manufacturer.

In short, what I'm saying is, the artwork is great, and i think people would buy it. You just need to figure out how to monetize and market it. Good luck, whatever your do with it.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
yes i do have similar designs!!!theyre all very similar though!! and thank you!! a reply to: blupblup

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
hmm interesting!!! florescent! ill try that!! thank you!! a reply to: ReadLeader

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
oh wow! thank you for your gracious comment! 6 by 8 is huge for me!! thats gonna take over 150 hours!! a reply to: olaru12

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
your brother in law is too good for me! that is 11/10 type of artwork!! a reply to: ttropia

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   
thank you for your comment! a reply to: dogstar23

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
What else do you got to show off?

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5letters
oh wow! thank you for your gracious comment! 6 by 8 is huge for me!! thats gonna take over 150 hours!! a reply to: olaru12

3.5 days for a 5k painting...seems ok to me! We sell that type of work frequently in our shop.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

5000$!!! really!!!??!!?

new topics

top topics

join