It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff Puts Up Official Sign “WARNING” People Who Disagree with Him to LEAVE!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22
a reply to: Tyrion79

Obviously you're way to "educated" to get the joke. Yes, I said JOKE. As in, a source of humor. But it is very relevent.

I'll take your word on this. I'm not even near on touching any local politics in this, as I'm uninformed and quite frankly uninterested, besides the point I tried to make earlier.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

So what does the Sheriff's sign mean to you? What emotional "sentiment" does this sign bring up, in you?

As I said before, it made me laugh. I don't see how anything on that sign could be considered offensive.

Like I said, I have seen many a sign put up by people in positions of authority. Some, even by the yesterday's standards, were offensive.

I guess you could say most people considered them as way of identification, like a rattle on a snake.

You would rather it not be there, but if it is there, you appreciated it notifying you of its presence.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Good then! As long as we see "no problem ". It's a "no issue" event.... "Let freedom ring"! However, the "White House" had no business waisting my tax dollars on somthing that already existed... I know, you think, I bit the bait.😀 Wait till you get me on the boat. Got anymore lib tricks up your sleeves?

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
His little ego trip could cost his fairly poor county millions in legal fees and lost revenue.

That's fiscal responsibility for you!

You would like that wouldn't you? You are probably just the guy to stick it to them too. Congratulations.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: alienjuggalo

I have no problem with ANYTHING that sign says. We're free to have our opinions. I'm not at all offended by his opinions.

Yes, anyone can have those opinions.

Making it a public statement when you wear a government badge to protect all people, regardless of their opinions, which might be different then yours ---- well, that does kinda pose a problem.

Is he going to force public school kids to say the pledge?

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Tyrion79

I may have confused you with another poster. But, if I remember correctly, you're not American? Even, if so. I don't disregard your input, at all. It's good to see it. I may be a jerk, but I'm not an idiot. Hell, for all I know. You're probably more free than most Americans, in mind and body. As an American Soldier, I served with UK. and Canadians in a couple, different "sandboxiss". I served with a "Canadian" from Kentucky, in a Canadian, uniform. But I don't throw my two American Pinnies, against Canada's politics. Anymore than the EU's, against the UK. Though, for two cents, I'd say, shuck shy of them fools. But I'm am American. My comment would mean nothing to you or them. Let this Sheriff alone. His county will "can" him. If he's not "representing" them.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Meh, whatever.

Soapboxers gotta do what soapboxers gotta do.

Some people are in constant need of center stage spotlight drama... it's like a heroin fix for them.

*yawn*

The rest of us just go along our merry little way, enjoying our drama-free lifestyles and watching the antics from the sidelines.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Now that's knowledge! That, what you said there? Is profound! I wish, half these "educated", brainwashed fools on ATS, with thier words like "dogma" and "paradigm"..could get that. These idiot's are "in dept" for "education"and they never paid a dime, for wisdom. But they'll argue all day long!

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

If we follow the story, he may be hearing from the actual silent minority in his town who think this sign is going too far. I say watch this space.

Aaaand, here we have it... That was fast! The American Humanist Association has sent a letter to the sheriff, the Harris County Board of Commissioners, the County Manager and the Harris County District Attorney...

The purpose of this letter is to inform you that the sign violates the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment, as well as the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment, and must be removed immediately.
While some residents of your community may support a sign with such a message, there can be no question that it conveys a religiously biased message that is invidious toward those who do not hold theistic, and particularly Christian, views.
Not only is this virtually an admission of unconstitutional activity, but the fact that he has paid for the sign himself – apparently thinking he is cleverly avoiding constitutional exposure by doing so – also acts as an admission that he realizes the sign is unlawful.

Letter

The American Humanist Association

Purpose: Advocate for progressive values

Further proving my point about the people that mind everyone elses business while putting themselves first. If the citizens of Harris County don't like it, let them take care and stay the flurk out of it. Those morons at the AHA are over 700 miles away for fart's sake. Good God people.

As fast as that letter was written 731 miles north in D.C., I would assume that the approving citizens of Harris County have already bought another sign and are ready to put it up at their own expense as soon as the other is forced down.

And that sign will also have to be taken down. This sheriff has no right to deny anyone their right to free speech. Also to think that everyone in that county supports this morons sign is just ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Simply says if this offends you! If these people doing and saying these things in their hometown offends you then best you leave or do not mention it!

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

But his "free speech" can be? I'm not sure what you're fighting for.. or against. You come across, very wishy, washy. I take it, in your utopia, only things you agree with, are granted free speech? How was this sign a deprivation of free speech?

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Is he going to "force" public school kids to "believe" boys are born girls? Is he going to force "public school kids" to believe "nothing" all of a sudden, "blew up" and created life? Is he going to "force" you to pay for "global healthcare" for idiots that stick thier shlong in places it wasn't meant for and contract "health issues"? Then force everyone else to pay for it? Lets not go down that road... I'll outlast you, before the "moderators" out last me.
edit on 25-11-2015 by murphy22 because: To help spelling Nazi's understand.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Yeah? I didn't think so.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Just like everyone in this country supports another moron? Yeah? I didn't think so. Don't you have some "science" to play with

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Seems lame to me. Hopefully they will rename the town Jerkwater or something similar.

I suppose those who don't agree with him could but up a sign but then they might risk getting shot.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Is he going to "force" public school kids to "believe" boys are born girls? Is he going to force "public school kids" to believe "nothing" all of a sudden, "blew up" and created life? Is he going to "force" you to pay for "global healthcare" for idiots that stick thier shlong in places it wasn't meant for and contract "health issues"? Then force everyone else to pay for it? Lets not go down that road... I'll outlast you, before the "moderators" out last me.

What does forcing a student to say the pledge have to do with anything you just said?

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

You brought up "forcing". If you have to force a "student" to do the pledge. What else can one be "forced" to do or learn? Or believe? Don't play stupid. Your not like that. I've dealt with you before. I know your game, I know your type.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

What do you have against the "pledge"?

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

You brought up "forcing". If you have to force a "student" to do the pledge. What else can one be "forced" to do or learn? Or believe? Don't play stupid. Your not like that. I've dealt with you before. I know your game, I know your type.

OP -- SIGN

WARNING: Harris County is politically incorrect. We say: Merry Christmas, God Bless America, and in God We Trust. We salute our troops and our flag. If this offends you… LEAVE!

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

But his "free speech" can be? I'm not sure what you're fighting for.. or against. You come across, very wishy, washy. I take it, in your utopia, only things you agree with, are granted free speech? How was this sign a deprivation of free speech?

Wrong again. What he is doing is not free speech unless he has suddenly gained the ability to be a "we". He represents the county and to say everyone in that county thinks like him is just stupid. So he cannot use his position to push a personal agenda which is what he has done and is using a signpost that the county paid for to do it. If he wanted to put this in his front yard then he would have every right to do so because the we could be him and his family but to put that sign on a post that the public paid for is crossing the line.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join