It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff Puts Up Official Sign “WARNING” People Who Disagree with Him to LEAVE!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: Abysha
a reply to: alienjuggalo

This could easily be seen as religious coercion by an elected official. Coming from a sheriff, it would reasonably strike fear into non-Christians and give them doubt about getting fair treatment by the law in that county. I wonder how many non-Christians in that county are ordering Christian bumper stickers...

Personally, since he paid for it himself, I wouldn't complain. I would just move as soon as possible.

You sound as silly as those people from Minnesota that said they'd be afraid to drive through those counties in Arkansas where the Sheriff's Deputies have "In God We Trust" on their bumpers. I didn't realize people were so afraid of the good guys, lol.

Yeah... "good guys".

Let's say you are Christian (if you aren't, just pretend) and you get pulled over by a police car with an "Allahu Akbar" bumper sticker on it. After that officer sees your Jesus fish and crucifix on the mirror, wouldn't you feel a bit dubious about your odds of getting fair treatment from the "good guy"?

I also didn't say he should be forced to take the sign down. I only pointed out why it is irresponsible and unAmerican for an elected official to sponsor such a thing.

link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Gotta love people who praise idiots and make them heroes.

Does this mean you love yourself?

link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: deadeyedick
I like it but what will they say to a person that does not have the choice to leave?

Tell them to deal with it. That's what the PC crowd tells anyone that disagrees with them.

Separation from church and state is what so many say on ATS is one of the foundations the American constitution is based upon so he's effectively defacating on it. Deal with it, being sheriff doesn't allow you to try and impose your opinions on anyone else unless they are breaking a law.

Ah well, backward county I guess, surprised it isn't a reality show so those that enjoy such things can have a good laugh.

More people who dont understand that part of "Separation of Church and state"

That designates that the Gov cannot establish or mandate a religion

Not that you are free from seeing people practice it

(hands klenex)

It has been overly distorted throughout the years, and has now gotten to the point where God on the back of a vehicle actually offends some people to the point that they go into a fit of rage over it. I can remember when people used to mind their own business. Now they mind everyone elses, and there's nothing worse than a selfish "me first" person that minds everyone elses business in the process.

Read your last sentence again, isn't that exactly what the sign is saying? If you really don't think so then I guess you've already decided that anyone with a different opinion to yours isn't welcome......... your world I guess.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

The First Amendment also allows him to post that sign. It cuts both ways.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

the next step for them who do not understand the meaning is too demand that everyone who is affiliated with a religion to remove themselves from office and admit their guilt of believing in god. sounds like a dumb comment from a dumb poster but if going by their definition of the term it is the next step for them unless they suddenly decide their goals have been reached and drop the ignorant definition. soon after that they will begin to also remove themselves because they began to realize that in their efforts to become heathens they formed a religion of their own.

No, it means an elected official shouldn't tell people what they should or shouldn't think, or what opinion they are or aren't allowed to raise as long as it doesn't break any laws. If the Sheriff put it on his lawn and didn't try and make it appear that his job carried any weight to his opinion, not sure anyone would care.

no
you must mean telling people what to think within limits

elected officials sole job is to tell the public what is right and wrong to some degree

we call it laws and god calls it sin and it comes from sinators.

it is fairly safe to say that the majority of the parameters that you adhere to were told to you by an elected official directly of indirectly.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
a reply to: LSU0408

your comments are really alarming.

im not sure whats boiling inside, but take a step away from the keyboard and relax a little.

What? If my comments frighten you, how in the world did you make it through life prior to 2009? People are sick of being pushed around, and they're the majority. I don't think I'm the one you need to be afraid of anyways, I'm one of the quiet ones that doesn't make a move unless my family is threatened. But I will stand by that Sheriff for taking a stand against political correctness.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Not if he is a government mechanism, which he is.

The Constitution is for the government only.

That is why it is disregarded.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

which also means they dont have a "right" to not be offended
edit on 11/25/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/25/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Does this mean you love yourself?

lol

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

the next step for them who do not understand the meaning is too demand that everyone who is affiliated with a religion to remove themselves from office and admit their guilt of believing in god. sounds like a dumb comment from a dumb poster but if going by their definition of the term it is the next step for them unless they suddenly decide their goals have been reached and drop the ignorant definition. soon after that they will begin to also remove themselves because they began to realize that in their efforts to become heathens they formed a religion of their own.

No, it means an elected official shouldn't tell people what they should or shouldn't think, or what opinion they are or aren't allowed to raise as long as it doesn't break any laws. If the Sheriff put it on his lawn and didn't try and make it appear that his job carried any weight to his opinion, not sure anyone would care.

no
you must mean telling people what to think within limits

elected officials sole job is to tell the public what is right and wrong to some degree

we call it laws and god calls it sin and it comes from sinators.

it is fairly safe to say that the majority of the parameters that you adhere to were told to you by an elected official directly of indirectly.

Thanks for that, very enlightening, not really though, sinator isn't actually a word, you know that, right? So are you saying that the sign which purports to represent the county tells people what is right and wrong to some degree? If so, how, if not then why should it be considered acceptable?

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

The first amendment says he can't enforce that venom he spews.

Please direct me to the part where he 'spewed venom'.

I see nothing 'venomous' here.

Oh, well for people like that, the opinions turn to venom once God is supported. Ironically enough, the Bible tells of this happening towards the end of days.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tyrion79
Although I'm not disagreeing by what this message stands for, I don't think the authorities should express their opinions like this.
It's a very thin line that's being laid there.
In time it could go beyond what's acceptable.
I think the sheriff should keep his business with upholding the law only and not deter to given example.

I've always thought the nation's most powerful leader should keep his opinion of something private as well and not choose a side to defend. I guess he set the bar.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted
why should it be accepted?
because it is true!
hell at least they give fair warning there
let them eat cake

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

You mean like michael brown, treyvon martin, freddie gray, eric garner, etc... Those idiots that were made heroes? Yeah, I agree.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I like it but what will they say to a person that does not have the choice to leave?

Tell them to deal with it. That's what the PC crowd tells anyone that disagrees with them.

Separation from church and state is what so many say on ATS is one of the foundations the American constitution is based upon so he's effectively defacating on it. Deal with it, being sheriff doesn't allow you to try and impose your opinions on anyone else unless they are breaking a law.

Ah well, backward county I guess, surprised it isn't a reality show so those that enjoy such things can have a good laugh.

Could be worse... He could have his guys killing blacks like the non "backward" counties up north, right?

I guess being told to deal with it is only good enough if it refers to a progressive ideology. Anyways, I'm just telling them to do what everyone does when they don't like something.

I think you are missing the point. If this is seen as an 'official' sign (don't shoot me, no, literally don't shoot me, I'm only going by the OP subject line) then it's wrong, plain wrong. He should respect other peoples opinions in his official role, what he thinks in his personal life is his business, close minded or not as long as he doesn't try and force his opinion on others.

I haven't missed any points. He's not telling people they can't have their own opinion. He's telling people that if that sign offends them to the point where they want him to remove it, then they can leave. The other option is to deal with it.

Anyways, I'm very certain that a group of people will be along soon to deface it while they cry about his intolerance.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: lucifershiningone

We disagree with what you are saying and we want to be able to tell you to go to hell and tell what we think and attack you as much as possible.

You disagree what we are saying leave..no discussion.

Yeah, the PC crowd really hates it when you use their own tactics against them. If they are offended by what others say, they scream and whine for it to be illegal or at the very least, try to shame the person for their opinions.
Not so great when the shoe is on the other foot, huh?

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Good for him! It's pretty straight forward. The sign tells you what kind of folk live there and what to expect. Enter at your own risk. Or have personal responsibility and keep your queerness in check. Dam* good sign! Note: before anyone blows a gasket, Research "queer". It applies to many things. I meant it as regarding to, abnormal behavior. Good sign!

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22 the sheriff sounds like a nutter with some serious issues, he sounds dangerous with delusions of grandeur. I'd rather live somewhere more tolerant and less dictatorial, like North Korea.

(post by stuthealien removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

This could easily be seen as religious coercion by an elected official. Coming from a sheriff, it would reasonably strike fear into non-Christians and give them doubt about getting fair treatment by the law in that county. I wonder how many non-Christians in that county are ordering Christian bumper stickers...

Personally, since he paid for it himself, I wouldn't complain. I would just move as soon as possible.

You sound as silly as those people from Minnesota that said they'd be afraid to drive through those counties in Arkansas where the Sheriff's Deputies have "In God We Trust" on their bumpers. I didn't realize people were so afraid of the good guys, lol.

Yeah... "good guys".

Let's say you are Christian (if you aren't, just pretend) and you get pulled over by a police car with an "Allahu Akbar" bumper sticker on it. After that officer sees your Jesus fish and crucifix on the mirror, wouldn't you feel a bit dubious about your odds of getting fair treatment from the "good guy"?

I also didn't say he should be forced to take the sign down. I only pointed out why it is irresponsible and unAmerican for an elected official to sponsor such a thing.

Why would I care if a muslim pulled me over? Did you know that cops have dash cams now and everything can be recorded? My ancestors fought for the Confederacy in the Civil War and I have a Sons of Confederate Veteran sticker on the back of my truck and if you've never seen one, there is a Confederate Flag in the logo. I wouldn't have one iota of fear if I get pulled over by a black man. The only way I'd start sweating or have fear is if I was hiding drugs or something and since I don't do drugs or break laws, other than going 5 miles over and sometimes not using my blinker, I don't think I have much to worry about. Pretty sure at this point in our society, as far back as our race relations have fallen, I would have more of a reason to think I'd be mistreated by a black cop than an agnostic one.

I don't know man, maybe my concerns just fall in other places. I don't worry about police or global warming or political opposition. My concerns are real threats.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join