It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff Puts Up Official Sign “WARNING” People Who Disagree with Him to LEAVE!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: deadeyedick
I like it but what will they say to a person that does not have the choice to leave?

Tell them to deal with it. That's what the PC crowd tells anyone that disagrees with them.

Separation from church and state is what so many say on ATS is one of the foundations the American constitution is based upon so he's effectively defacating on it. Deal with it, being sheriff doesn't allow you to try and impose your opinions on anyone else unless they are breaking a law.

Ah well, backward county I guess, surprised it isn't a reality show so those that enjoy such things can have a good laugh.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I like it but what will they say to a person that does not have the choice to leave?

Ah well, backward county I guess, surprised it isn't a reality show so those that enjoy such things can have a good laugh.

Its in Georgia... not that backwards.

agree with us or leave. our founding fathers would be proud.
edit on 25-11-2015 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: alienjuggalo

I have no problem with ANYTHING that sign says. We're free to have our opinions. I'm not at all offended by his opinions.

What bothers me are the possible implications of posting this sign on the Sheriff's Office. What is he really saying with this sign? For example, would he be so open to someone saying... "I don't believe in God, so I don't celebrate Christmas or pray, and I think In God We Trust should be removed from future coins. I don't admire the troops, simply because they joined, and the flag is symbolism - a piece of cloth." Or would those comments be just a little too "politically incorrect", for even the sheriff to accept with a smile?

Can I assume this sheriff's personal feelings about any other issue? Like women's rights, minority rights, immigration reform or marriage equality? Would he support my constitutionally-protected rights if I don't agree with his outlook?

My second thought is... Who is "we" on the sign? Does this really represent the people of the entire county and are they OK with this sign on a government building? ... See where this is going? If we follow the story, he may be hearing from the actual silent minority in his town who think this sign is going too far. I say watch this space. I don't think I'd like it if our sheriff displayed such a sign outside the Sheriff's Office here. Because these really are the sheriff's opinions, unless he has special permission to speak for the whole county. Even then, not sure it's a very bright thing to do.

Lastly, I don't think a "silent majority" agrees with him. I think it's probably more like a very vocal minority. That 25-35% of Americans who are now slated to vote for... Donald Trump. And this Sheriff is likely one of those people who's been emboldened by Trump's candidacy, to take his feelings to the public and rub them in its face.

I'm pretty sure you just over analyzed that way too much. Especially the silent majority comment you made about it being 25 to 35% of those who are voting for Trump. Most people like this don't speak their feelings because we're busy earning a living or doing things with their family, but since it's only getting worse and worse and political correctness is quickly destroying this country, this is one of the first tiny footsteps towards that push back I've been waiting for, for a long time.

Whether you've noticed or not, Americans are getting sick and tired of all of this political correctness. You can thank the current administration and all of its water carriers for Trump's popularity and the push back that is just over the horizon.

There are millions of Americans out there that have sat back, rolled their eyes, and shook their heads in disgust for nearly a decade while the squeaky wheels have been getting the grease and continuing to squeak while the grease is poured on. But now it's getting to the point where these progressive policies and ideals are being forced onto these millions of Americans and they've had enough. Not sure why progressives, the real minority, thought it would really continue. These millions of Americans that are sick of that crap are the ones that are only going to stand taller when you demand that they sit down. If you think I'm full of shart, just sit back and watch it unfold.

Guess you people never learned in school that you never mess with the quiet ones.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

Tell them to deal with it. That's what the PC crowd tells anyone that disagrees with them.

Separation from church and state is what so many say on ATS is one of the foundations the American constitution is based upon so he's effectively defacating on it. Deal with it, being sheriff doesn't allow you to try and impose your opinions on anyone else unless they are breaking a law.

More people who dont understand that part of "Separation of Church and state"

That designates that the Gov cannot establish or mandate a religion

Not that you are free from seeing people practice it

(hands klenex)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner

Of course there would be redneck zealot bull# put on a sign down there in the land of people who don't know how to act, accusing everyone else but their homies of not knowing how to act.

Georgia is a joke.

That's some lovely intolerance you got there.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Just as tolerant as the guy who put up that sign....

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

your comments are really alarming.

im not sure whats boiling inside, but take a step away from the keyboard and relax a little.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Greetings-

It isn't up to ANY Law Enforcement officer or representative to have an opinion. They are called to an incident or happen upon an event in which to provide a 'service' to the population for which they work FOR.

They are there as reporters of fact, 'facts' are later brought up in a court case, 'facts' are not necessarily 'true/false' that is up to a Judge or 'Trier of Fact'.

The police work for YOU, the citizen. Do You want Your employee having an opinion? really? and then also provide these folks with the 'power of arrest'? WHAT? Is this one of those things that is for My benefit? and under the guise of "Security" since 9/11?

Perhaps this is part of the problem with the current way police/public contacts are carried out?

I wonder how comfortable the Patels will feel after getting robbed up at the Stop & Rob out on Route 0 while getting petrol, and to think they were just in town to look at buying that old, rundown motel across from the Stop & Rob..

I don't want the responding cop to have an opinion..

When I was a cop I didn't have an opinion and I never got a complaint so what has changed? So Sheriff Jolley gets to bask in the glory while some victim has to wait for actual SERVICE..

One of My first Sergeants told Me My rookie year "Don't make the phone ring" Sheriff Jolley should heed the same advice..

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

This could easily be seen as religious coercion by an elected official. Coming from a sheriff, it would reasonably strike fear into non-Christians and give them doubt about getting fair treatment by the law in that county. I wonder how many non-Christians in that county are ordering Christian bumper stickers...

Personally, since he paid for it himself, I wouldn't complain. I would just move as soon as possible.

You sound as silly as those people from Minnesota that said they'd be afraid to drive through those counties in Arkansas where the Sheriff's Deputies have "In God We Trust" on their bumpers. I didn't realize people were so afraid of the good guys, lol.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I did not know that.

All I ever hear from them is waa waa waa

I was never able to decipherer their message...

Hey, good point!

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

the next step for them who do not understand the meaning is too demand that everyone who is affiliated with a religion to remove themselves from office and admit their guilt of believing in god. sounds like a dumb comment from a dumb poster but if going by their definition of the term it is the next step for them unless they suddenly decide their goals have been reached and drop the ignorant definition. soon after that they will begin to also remove themselves because they began to realize that in their efforts to become heathens they formed a religion of their own.

(post by uncommitted removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

The first amendment says he can't enforce that venom he spews.

Please direct me to the part where he 'spewed venom'.

I see nothing 'venomous' here.

edit on 2015/11/25 by Metallicus because: eta

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Could be worse... He could have his guys killing blacks like the non "backward" counties up north, right?

I guess being told to deal with it is only good enough if it refers to a progressive ideology. Anyways, I'm just telling them to do what everyone does when they don't like something.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Although I'm not disagreeing by what this message stands for, I don't think the authorities should express their opinions like this.
It's a very thin line that's being laid there.
In time it could go beyond what's acceptable.
I think the sheriff should keep his business with upholding the law only and not deter to given example.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

the next step for them who do not understand the meaning is too demand that everyone who is affiliated with a religion to remove themselves from office and admit their guilt of believing in god. sounds like a dumb comment from a dumb poster but if going by their definition of the term it is the next step for them unless they suddenly decide their goals have been reached and drop the ignorant definition. soon after that they will begin to also remove themselves because they began to realize that in their efforts to become heathens they formed a religion of their own.

No, it means an elected official shouldn't tell people what they should or shouldn't think, or what opinion they are or aren't allowed to raise as long as it doesn't break any laws. If the Sheriff put it on his lawn and didn't try and make it appear that his job carried any weight to his opinion, not sure anyone would care.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Its in Georgia... not that backwards.

agree with us or leave. our founding fathers would be proud.

Well, I won't lie, I'm proud. If it said the opposite, I'd just do like I've always done when I don't like something, avoid it. People act like this Sheriff's Dept is going to ticket anyone that don't share the same sentiments as them. Silly at best.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Gotta love people who praise idiots and make them heroes.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Could be worse... He could have his guys killing blacks like the non "backward" counties up north, right?

I guess being told to deal with it is only good enough if it refers to a progressive ideology. Anyways, I'm just telling them to do what everyone does when they don't like something.

I think you are missing the point. If this is seen as an 'official' sign (don't shoot me, no, literally don't shoot me, I'm only going by the OP subject line) then it's wrong, plain wrong. He should respect other peoples opinions in his official role, what he thinks in his personal life is his business, close minded or not as long as he doesn't try and force his opinion on others.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

More people who dont understand that part of "Separation of Church and state"

That designates that the Gov cannot establish or mandate a religion

Not that you are free from seeing people practice it

(hands klenex)

It has been overly distorted throughout the years, and has now gotten to the point where God on the back of a vehicle actually offends some people to the point that they go into a fit of rage over it. I can remember when people used to mind their own business. Now they mind everyone elses, and there's nothing worse than a selfish "me first" person that minds everyone elses business in the process.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join