It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radical Christianity — Pastor Who Hosted GOP: Paris Victims 'Devil-Worshippers'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Has this guy or his church hurt anyone?

Physically? Not yet. He would if he could, though - make no mistake.

As for emotional and mental hurts - yes.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Don't you think that the GOP contenders for POTUS are in that box, though?

I mean - they are definitely in it. Don't you see that?

If people like Cruz, Huckabee, and Rubio (woops - Jindal, I meant) (but Rubio still fits in there) are espousing homophobic theocratic ideas, what box do they belong in?
And by association, what box do their supporters belong in?

After all, there is a "Box" that suits them....

??

I would start worrying when you see groups of zealots throwing people off high buildings justified by their ideology because being gay is a crime with a holy death sentence..... oh, wait... where have I seen that recently?

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Its threads like these that attempt to divide and put people in boxes, once again generalizing a whole group of people

The thread is about the hate speech of a man whom three very high profile republican presidential candidates respect and have politically associated with. That man is very vocal about his wishes towards non-Christian and LGBT people up to and including death penalties.

If this thread is an attempt to "divide and put people in boxes", what do you think those four men are doing?

So how do you feel about obama's 20 year relationship with Jeremiah Wright or do you just pick and choose who to demonize over association?

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Bennyzilla

Christians have access to a tool that does FAR more damage than terrorism. Lobbying. It's legal and you can create TONS of hardship and strife just by lobbying to get something, say homosexuality, made illegal and are successful. Then if you can get the death penalty attached to it, like this pastor wants, all of a sudden you'll be killing FAR more than 300 people. Again lobbying is legal.

If you HONESTLY think one cannot do more hateful damage working within the system rather than using terrorism, then you are SORELY mistaken. For example, look at the Planned Parenthood controversy. All the successful lobbying attempts to have PP defunded have resulted in spikes in STDs, teen pregnancies, and unsafe abortions.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Well that's on whoever lets stupid crap like this affect them.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

It's not stupid crap - to hear a community leader calling for the death penalty, sir, is not the same as some kid on the playground making fun of a chubby, clumsy classmate.

And it's doubly troubling that three men running for president SUPPORT HIM.

edit on 11/25/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Has this guy or his church hurt anyone?

Physically? Not yet. He would if he could, though - make no mistake.

Lol, you serious? Why is it that people are so hypersensitive these days?

You got a link proving he'd hurt people if he could?

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Kevin Swanson: God Supports My Call to Kill Gays

Contains an audio tape....

Just in case you were in any doubt of how righteous anti-gay pastor Kevin Swanson is, last week he said that the Christian deity itself has voiced support for his recent “Kill the Gays” GOP presidential forum.

Speaking at his National Religious Liberties Conference earlier this month – an event attended by Ted Cruz, Mike Huckabee and Bobby Jindal – Swanson said he “is not ashamed of the gospel” which calls for the death of gay people.

And yes, I'm serious.

edit on 11/25/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Its threads like these that attempt to divide and put people in boxes, once again generalizing a whole group of people

That's conservative political correctness for you — dismiss anyone who disagrees with you as "divisive!" when in fact, the only thing about this issue which is dividing us is your reluctance to admit that there's something wrong with a (leading) presidential candidate and sitting US Senator being immersed in violent religious extremism because A) he's a conservative and B) he's a Christian.

That's not anything I'm doing. That's on you.

People need to stop trying to put others in a certain box, and try to white wash

White washing is exactly what you're attempting to do right now.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Bennyzilla

Christians have access to a tool that does FAR more damage than terrorism. Lobbying. It's legal and you can create TONS of hardship and strife just by lobbying to get something, say homosexuality, made illegal and are successful. Then if you can get the death penalty attached to it, like this pastor wants, all of a sudden you'll be killing FAR more than 300 people. Again lobbying is legal.

If you HONESTLY think one cannot do more hateful damage working within the system rather than using terrorism, then you are SORELY mistaken. For example, look at the Planned Parenthood controversy. All the successful lobbying attempts to have PP defunded have resulted in spikes in STDs, teen pregnancies, and unsafe abortions.

Nice theory. I think you just popped in half with that stretch. Just so you know, most Americans don't hate gays. Non-support of special privilege marriage does not equate to being hateful towards, and wanting gays dead. The lengths some people will go to. Phew.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Because Christians aren't going around massacring 100s of innocent people?

Christians Killing Muslims in Central Africa Republic

Africa's Christians Killing Gays

10 of the Worst Terror Attacks by Extreme Christians and Far-Right White Men

Christian Terror: 12 Examples Of Terrorism From The Right

Yes, There Are Christian Terrorists

Christians are a bunch of F****** RATS. Hiding behind the medias.
edit on 25-11-2015 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

And if you HONESTLY think that STD's, pregnancies, and unsafe abortions are worse than bullet wounds, decapitation, and explosives then you are SORELY mistaken.

You're living in a world of "But this COULD happen" and somehow that trumps things that ARE HAPPENING.

I'm not speaking for everyone, but I don't see anyone defending what this man said. Most people are offended by literal "Homer Simpson Jumps The Canyon" mental leap required to put Radical Christianity and Radical Islam in the same group.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Just in case you were in any doubt of how righteous anti-gay pastor Kevin Swanson is, last week he said that the Christian deity itself has voiced support for his recent “Kill the Gays” GOP presidential forum.

Speaking at his National Religious Liberties Conference earlier this month – an event attended by Ted Cruz, Mike Huckabee and Bobby Jindal – Swanson said he “is not ashamed of the gospel” which calls for the death of gay people.

Dude is a nutcase. He speaks for himself and maybe a hundred more people. With this being in the open now, do you think Cruz, Huckabee, and Jindal still support him? Do you think they feel the same as him? I mean, I'm willing to bet a billion dollars that none of those three would EVER advocate the murder of people that are gay. Would you be confident enough to take that bet?

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

How often do conservatives blast moderate Muslims for the popular perception that they're "not doing enough to denounce radical Islam?" How ironic (and concerning, not to mention hypocritical) is it then that the same people refuse to acknowledge let alone denounce Christian extremists in their own backyard — in their own political party?

Many Christians secretly agree with the extremists. They just don't have the courage to stand up and be counted among them.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

And yes, I'm serious.

The New Black Panthers along with other black hate groups are regularly out in the public calling for the slighter of white people. Members of the Media/Democratic party supported BLM has called for the killing of white people. Crazy black pastors have even in our government about the eradication of whites. I dont see you guys too worried about that. Why would you be? These guys are crackpots to be ignored.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Well I'm sure this must be true...because you said it.

But just for arguments sake can we see some sources?

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

You are acting offended, but why aren't you publicly speaking out about these Christians then? That's what conservative are demanding of Muslims. So fairs fair right?

What is there to "speak out" about? The fact he has opinions you don't like? Who has he hurt? What have his followers blown up?

Here
is why these opinions are not just some random guy rambling.

This movement is a power to be reckoned with in Republican Party politics. Mr. Cruz, for one, is basing his strategy on winning its support. Ben Carson told a Liberty University convocation this month of his concern that so many people “are trying to push God out of our lives.” And early this year, Mr. Jindal hosted a religious revival rally on the Louisiana State University campus that was sponsored by the American Family Association.

Swanson did state that homosexuals need to repent and convert or be executed. He said this at the noted event and only Mike Huckabee responded that he didn't agree with the statement and may have left before it was said.

This is all besides the fact that God brought his wrath to the Bataclan because a 'death metal band' was playing. The Eagles of Death Metal are not a 'death metal' band, making him sound more ridiculous, but it wouldn't matter either way.
edit on 25-11-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

link   

You are acting offended, but why aren't you publicly speaking out about these Christians then? That's what conservative are demanding of Muslims. So fairs fair right?

Offended? No, I live my faith and lead by example

Pointing out hypocrisy doesnt = offended

We are public about speaking out, thats why you see tons of them counter protesting people like Westboro Baptist

Thats why you see them come out in force and fly from all over to comfort families in places like the Carolinas where a racist biggot shot up a black church

Thats why you see organizations like the Red Cross going to countries all over the world providing food and medical assistance

Thats why you see Tons of volunteers all over the world with Christian backgrounds going to some of the worst and most persecuted places on the planet to help....

Just saying....

link   
And the excuses keep on coming, when your president says god bless america before they go bomb more muslims, and that the body count is really one sided, man people will say anythin to prove there right...

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

No, I would not take that bet.

But yes, those three candidates (Jindal has now given up), they do support him! They were at this GOP conference, they knew what his attitude was! They absolutely support him and his heinous ideas. They are theocrats.
Pastor Kevin Swanson Calls For Executing Gays At Event Attended By GOP Candidates

“There are instances in which both the Old and New Testament speak to the matter with unbelievable clarity. You know what that sin is – it’s the sin of homosexuality. In fact in Romans 1 Paul affirms that this particular sin is worthy of death. The Old and New Testament, I believe both speak with authority and we outta receive it.” –

Pastor Kevin Swanson, speaking today at his “religious liberty convention” where Mike Huckabee, Ted Cruz, and Bobby Jindal were interviewed on the stage by Swanson.
Article date Nov. 6. Videos included.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join