It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Identify please....don't get many low fly overs here...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: charolais

When the M went over the other day, I didn't even recognize it right away as an aircraft let alone a C-5.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=20073899]Zaphod58.....Oh man.....a Galaxy....I had no idea they could still be seen C-5A baby

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

They'll be around a long time. A large portion of the fleet just got new avionics and engines.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
That appears to be an F-16 with drop tanks.

I was on top of a three story house working with my brother once, right along the intracoastal waterway in florida facing roughly east. A plane flew over so low and so fast that we never saw it but it nearly scared the crap out of both of us.

Don't like low flying planes so much any more....

just sayin....

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

When you depart Honolulu you're required to make a right turn for noise abatement. The alert fighters can do whatever they want. I was leaving the airport one day when they scrambled. They cleared the terminal building, cranked it hard left, and went in front of me below the level of the top floor of the parking structure in full afterburner.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

The best I've heard recently was the Typhoon. We used to live in the North of England where there's a number of bombing ranges and low level flight routes. We'd had Tornadoes and F15s over us pretty regularly and they made a brilliant job of imitating thunder but the first time I saw a 2 ship flight of Typhoons the noise was unreal and completely unique.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Donkey09

Oh you want noise? I was standing in the grass between the taxiway and runway, about 8500 feet from the hammerhead when three B-1s did a MITO. As soon as one was a couple thousand feet down the next one was lined up and starting to roll. It took five minutes for my chest to stop vibrating.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   

That would have been awesome. Like you say, it's the feeling of the sound as much as the sound itself. For the Typhoon it's the howl that gets me. It reminded me of watching Airwolf in my younger days.

I've been looking for this. Just found it so you can hear what I mean.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Yeah that EJ200 has an odd sound to it. I've heard all kinds of engines over the years. It's hard to decide what my favorite is.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   

I know it's going back but there's nothing like the sound of a Merlin for me. Doesn't matter whether it's in the Spitfire, Mossie, Lanc or any other airframe. More modern I'd go with the Olympus from the Vulcan

Just for the sound and the presenters reaction.

WARNING. CHOICE LANGUAGE USED. - MODS Please remove if this isn't allowed.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 27-11-2015 by Donkey09 because: Needs must.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Those old recips freak you out on the ground. They sputter and spit something awful.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
What does a f35 engine sound like compared to a tornado or a f-15 or the older f-111's. Is it quieter because its a stealth platform ?

grew up watching Vulcan's and victor's doing their thing ...... nothing sounds like a large bomber force doing a quick take off but Merlin's always make my ears prick up
edit on 27-11-2015 by yittak because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: yittak

They're loud. From what I experienced, about as much as an F-16 while on landing approach and touch and goes.
"Stealth" does necessarily mean audible stealth. In the F-35's case it's stealthy other ways.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join