It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada: We'll resettle 25,000 Syrian refugees

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Costs now estimated at over a billion. And sorry but that is not acceptable.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
Costs now estimated at over a billion. And sorry but that is not acceptable.

Gee...what's acceptable? How may lives saved do you draw the line at? What was it a Canadian immigration official said about admitting Jewish refugees? "None is too many". How much did Steve-o spend on military adventures? How much corporate money is being stashed off-shore instead of going into the government coffers and expanding our ability to pay out? Etc, etc.

It's pretty easy to say 'that's not acceptable'. It's a lot tougher to come up with some well-reasoned solutions, isn't it?

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

OMG... ya gotta stop trying to be reasonable. It's not the American way.

USA is taking in 10,000 refugees and look at the pushback down there. Do we want to be more like Americans or what?

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: masqua
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

OMG... ya gotta stop trying to be reasonable. It's not the American way.

USA is taking in 10,000 refugees and look at the pushback down there. Do we want to be more like Americans or what?

Sorry...you're right...my bad...just having a Sunny moment, I suppose.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Let's hope this is still valid in todays incredibly crazy societal norms. er religious wise in particular.. Other than that, lets all hope to hell it remains somewhat normal for the next few years at least.

video link of awesome muslims laughing at making the burqa mandatory.

What the 'hell happened?
edit on 11/29/2015 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I love Canada as well, and spend almost every summer up there in the Maritime's.
Most people there have hearts of gold, and are always willing to go that extra mile to help those in distress, and that is commendable.

What concerns me is that there are so many ways to cross the border in the wilderness of upper Maine and Vermont, that if you were in that area, you might not even know if you were in the US or Canada.

Taking high risk refugees comes with great responsibility, as I am sure they are aware. I just hope they are going to beef up that area, and not be as stupid as we have been with our southern border. It is a totally different world right now.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Trump's Northern Wall makes more sense to you now, right?

(but don't expect Canada to pay for it)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: masqua

I like Trump, but he knows damned well that walls have never worked well in recent history, especially with the technology of today. I still can not get over that he said it, and how he thought that would ever be effective anyway.

Lewis Black, in one of his comedy skits said that we should put up a wall on the Canadian border, "because that is where all the cold air comes from". Makes more sense than a wall designed to keep people from crossing!

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: Cynic
Trudeau and his cabinet and civil servants are too busy dealing with his pet projects to change their tack anytime soon.

Good. They are what got him elected, and Steve handed his arse.
I'm proud that we're stepping up, and I will be chipping in for a local group to bring a family in.
...and just like anywhere else, Canada has generous people, and it has those who are driven by anger and fear (which is why Steve-o still got 99 seats).
Everybody else is just happy we got Canada back.

Phht. You are welcome to sponsor them. Pay for them out of your own pocket because in year 2 you will have to do it all over again. They won't know the language and wont hold jobs. The bills will keeping coming. Maybe you can let them stay at your house, it will save you some money. Just don't ask taxpayers to bail you out.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

Trudeau and his cabinet and civil servants are too busy dealing with his pet projects to change their tack anytime soon.

Good. They are what got him elected, and Steve handed his arse.
I'm proud that we're stepping up, and I will be chipping in for a local group to bring a family in.
...and just like anywhere else, Canada has generous people, and it has those who are driven by anger and fear (which is why Steve-o still got 99 seats).
Everybody else is just happy we got Canada back.

Phht. You are welcome to sponsor them. Pay for them out of your own pocket because in year 2 you will have to do it all over again. They won't know the language and wont hold jobs. The bills will keeping coming. Maybe you can let them stay at your house, it will save you some money. Just don't ask taxpayers to bail you out.

Sorry, Dude, but your version of Canada was relegated to the back benches. If our nation agreed with your vision, then your Dear Leader would still have relevance. Apparently not. Enjoy the next four years. Sorry 'bout yer luck.

edit on 4-12-2015 by JohnnyCanuck because: yes

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join