It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada: We'll resettle 25,000 Syrian refugees

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

I'd have to ask the Minister of whatever Ministry, but I hardly think 3-year-olds are a big whopping problem to "vet." 25,000 people is really not that many.

When the Royals clinched the world series, our city had a parade, and 800,000 people showed up.
THAT is a lot of people. And still, it was totally peaceful. I think one guy died of a heart attack.

25,000 wouldn't even fill their home stadium.

edit on 11/25/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

25,000 in 3 months IS a lot to check. Not saying there aren't a lot of real refugees, just need to make sure you are doing what's in your own best interest first. To me that's be VERY sure you don't have and whackjobs coming in with them.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Agreed. Sounds like they have a plan to do that.
No one wants wackos moving in next door. No One.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: masqua

A group of friends and I are working on sponsoring a family of 6 here in Victoria, which has a fairly high cost of living. The joint sponsorship program looks like it will ease the burden, but it's going to be tight.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Well done you!

How would that work - are you all pitching in to provide initial housing, etc? What's the joint sponsorship deal like?

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

There's a group sponsoring a family into Stratford (my county seat) as well. This will be an easy transition for the immigrants because they will be provided with a home and there is good work available in that small city too.

I've heard of similar efforts all over Ontario by groups such as above as well as church congregations. Overall, I'd say the welcome mats are out

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Yes there are seven of us. We will provide the adjustment to life here, and the government will help with costs for food and shelter. We will be doing the ground work ie. Housing, food, etc. We do this for about a year or two or longer, but are ready to go indefinitely if need be.
edit on 25-11-2015 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Wonderful. Good on you, and people like you.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

You tell me how they are going to be able to properly vett 25,000 in 3 months per the article?. At least they are taking the women, children and most at risk first. I just doubt they can do a good enough job of checking out in such a short time span. You have to do a through job of checking out who you invite yo your own land IMO.

Perhaps they think the process can be expedited because they are only taking complete families, women and children.

Single unaccompanied men will be excluded from the government resettlement program for now.

The unaccompanied men are being considered a greater threat and will take a longer time to be properly clear.

Of course any enemy or terrorist worth his title, will be able to work around this small inconvenience, but what are you going to do against the ingenuity of suicide bombers, exploding soda cans and pressure cookers?

Seasons come and they go. You live for the moment and store for the winter. The best you can do live, laugh and love.

edit on 25-11-2015 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Clean up.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Canada: We'll resettle 25,000 Syrian refugees

Justin Trudeau's newly elected government has confirmed it will resettle 25,000 Syrian refugees in Canada within three months, giving top priority to those who are a lower security risk.

The plan as outlined prioritizes families and vulnerable individuals, including those from the LGBT community.

In the bigger picture 25.000 refugees in a country the size of

Canada?

Big Deal .........

A tiny drop in the ocean ... hardly make a dent in the whole

population? wont even get noticed!!!

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

And the fear begins in 3...2...1...

IMO Canada is the cool kid that sits toward the back of the school bus. It's quiet and everyone gets along with it, and it appears that it is willing to share it's seat with the new exchange student.

I imagine their will be issues and hopefully they will be addressed. U so Cool Canada.

edit on 25-11-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

I agree about Canada....

but, the fear you are counting down to - not sure what you mean by that....
??

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Give it a few winters, with the minus 30 wind chill, and they will hate it.

Anyways, we could definitely support it, but the problem is, where I hear this alot, is that we don't take care of our own at times. Getting, an paying a mortgage is pretty much like handcuffs depending on where you are due to the different tax rates. The price of living really depends on which province and where in the province, where as in Ontario, making coffee for Tim's or Mc'D is minimum, where certain places, like Alberta, where rumor has it, is like 17 an hour. I've heard many stories of people working on the oil sands, just to enter a trade position for a couple of years coming back as millionaires, easily having their mortgage paid off in butt F nowhere though, working long hour in minus 50.

Would you believe the price for a pack of bottled water in the most Northern part of the country is easily 100 CDN dollars.
edit on 25-11-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

Would you believe the price for a pack of bottled water in the most Northern part of the country is easily 100 CDN dollars.

It would be very hard for me to believe that.......

As I understand it, it gets very cold in Syria during the winter.

edit on 11/25/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: Cynic

I am sure the purchase of a iron dome or F35's made much more sense eh ? ...Harper is gone and that is good . Let JT have a crack at it before you throw him under the bus eh .

He has no credible education to run a lemonade stand let alone the country. Even if he got the product for free, he and his merry band of idiots would find a way to lose money at it.

In his infamous Watergate tapes, Nixon summed his father up nicely as an a$$hole. Look it up. His father introduced
non- wartime deficit spending and his son is following suit. He is promising spending of 10 billion dollars by going into - > guess what -------> a deficit. He seems to believe that we can spend our way out of the hole his predecessors insanely dug.

If Nixon were still around he would rightly say that the apple does not fall far from the tree.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

I'd have to ask the Minister of whatever Ministry, but I hardly think 3-year-olds are a big whopping problem to "vet." 25,000 people is really not that many.

When the Royals clinched the world series, our city had a parade, and 800,000 people showed up.
THAT is a lot of people. And still, it was totally peaceful. I think one guy died of a heart attack.

25,000 wouldn't even fill their home stadium.

2500 is not a lot? These will multiply at the rate of 8 kids per family, all to be fed and housed by hardworking Canadian tax payers! This is the worst mistake the new government has made, and time will show it.
Refugees in Canada have a free ride, live in better housing than ordinary Canadians in most cases, all for free, free healthcare, education, bus rides, etc ..
They should put a chip in each one of them, give them a choice to live in an develop the Northern territories where it is ass cold! Have them work for their new found freedom, and develop the area.
Track them to make sure they don't start exercising their Islamic extremism in Canada, and if they do, ship them back!
I'm all for helping, but no free lunch! follow the Canadian way, culture, and keep your noses clean ..

Why didn't Saudi Arabia or any of the other Islamic countries offer to take them?
They denied flat out! where they would fit in better in their own culture.
Why did Canada agree to this, I have no idea!
Go to Islamic countries and see what rights you have there, you will never own land or become a permanent resident. You will be discriminated against as the worst of the worst.
Meanwhile, Canadians will give them all these rights, and when their number grow and grow, you will see them on the streets demanding their own 'religious' ideologies and making trouble. Don't complain then .. it's what they do!

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Few years old, but it there.
Nunavut...
edit on 25-11-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

Weird. One would think they have plenty of fresh water available there....

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Are any of you old enough to remember the huge influx of Lebanese in the 70's? It enriched our society no end. I see no downside here.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I'm old enough (a teen in the 70s) but was not paying any attention.

We have Somalian and Sudanese refugees here now where I live.
It has enriched our society, as well.

I was in college at the turn of the decade (76-82)....had lots of foreign friends. Egyptian, Indian, Pakistani, etc

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join