It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oklahoma man arrested for attempting to join ISis.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Well folks. I predict we will see more and more of this in the future. The real kick in the pants is that this man was once a US soldier.

linky

edit on 25-11-2015 by ReadLeader because: Sp

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Hmmm, this seems pretty backwards I'm not sure this is legit or that man really did do what he is accused of. If he did I have no sympathy

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Agreed. We'll keep a watchful eye on this... In another article a recruit was quoted as saying they had a good dental plan....roflmao.... it actually is alarming if you just do a search on recruits from the United States trying to join Isis & getting tagged....

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Lock him up and throw away the key.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Seems like he was on the No-Fly list for two years with little explanation. It is also implied he was Muslim before going to Qatar. It is more logical that he attempted to join I.S. because of U.S. actions or this is some misunderstanding. More information is needed on this, but if he did try to join I.S. then he is a terrorist.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: hubrisinxs

Agreed, here is another link, - off topic, briefly; a close family member of mine has been in the Army for 25+ yrs, first enlisted, and then in requiting. ( I don't know why, but she loved it, as she said each day was a challenge within itself) - anyway, I remember her talking about how many gang members in the U.S. last resort was the pen, or the military.. The point was that the gang members have infiltrated every branch of our U.S. Military...

I said that to say this; ISIS are not (as thought about years ago) under-educated combat fighters; I believe that individuals like this that actually are successful link in joining have taught and educated the ISIS clan far beyond what the 'average american' is capable of fathoming...

Back on topic... go back to the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving all!!!!
nothing to see here, have some more Melatonin...

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

You know if the U.S. had kept me from seeing my mom while she was dying I would probably be in such a bad psychological state that I would be very suitable to crazy ideas. You make a good point, I.S. is not just some crazy people with backwards ideas, its old Iraqi generals, it's CIA trained resistance fighters, its U.S. and Europen web hackers and promoters, its lonely isolated souls looking for a cause, and recently it's become Boko Haram.

The fact that the military is mostly gangs is a scary idea. Are we talking neo-Nazi and fundamentalist Christians or what kind of gangs?

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

My Fam Damnily member said that Bloods, KKK (if that is a gang) white supremacists, Crips, Black Disciples, the SW Gangster Disciples, Hells Angels (of course,lol, they suck at tactical just watch their latest vid in wako.hehe ) , the Latin Kings, 18th Street Gang, Mara Salvatrucha (MS-13), Mexican Mafia, Nortenos, Surenos, Vice Lords, and a hell of a lot more are in now... The MS were the ones that we were so concerned about in LE..

I am sure that if any of these thugs could retire to the wild west, they would in a heart beat, the pay is probably 100% better and the food may be as well... seriously tho, it is frightening to even contemplate the outcome of this entire fluster cuck...

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

You know if the U.S. had kept me from seeing my mom while she was dying I would probably be in such a bad psychological state that I would be very suitable to crazy ideas. You make a good point, I.S. is not just some crazy people with backwards ideas, its old Iraqi generals, it's CIA trained resistance fighters, its U.S. and Europen web hackers and promoters, its lonely isolated souls looking for a cause, and recently it's become Boko Haram.

My first thought as well.

Did he become radicalized because he feels his country, threw him under the bus, after using him to their gain?

Did he decide he wanted to undo everything he had given to a country that he came to despise?

The US government should take a good look at what it is doing to its citizenry. The American people are becoming angry, very angry. For a lot of people, the old saying, "The enemy of my enemy, is my friend", resonates powerfully for them.

Americans know their government is corrupt and no longer represents them. For every person that buries their head in the sand and pretends that all is well, or that they are untouchable, there is a another that feels their survival lies in their own hands. Unfortunately there is a small number of those people that believe their survival depends on them burying all of us.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I subscribe to a magazine dedicated to anti-extremism. I read about the gangs and how they want military training, lots of make it a right of passage anymore in the neo-NAZI gang. They are remaking the SS.

I don't see any real win coming in the next few years. In fact, things are going to get scary.

a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I try to pull as many heads out of the sand as I can, but some people have poked out their eyes, blinded to the truth forever. It is becoming a sad, DARK world.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: hubrisinxs

I subscribe to a magazine dedicated to anti-extremism. I read about the gangs and how they want military training, lots of make it a right of passage anymore in the neo-NAZI gang. They are remaking the SS.

I don't see any real win coming in the next few years. In fact, things are going to get scary.

This is totally new information to me, I'll research it more but it sounds plausible. Is the military simply incapable of filtering out these recruits?

Perhaps that's a good indication that we need to shrink the military. If we're only meeting enlistment numbers by training people that we're one day going to be fighting against, we should come up with new plans that need fewer numbers.

Edit: Ok, I researched this some more. You are 100% correct, even the FBI admits it.
www.fbi.gov...

Gangs are infiltrating the military, they make up roughly 2% of our armed forces, those with clean records and those who have records that aren't checked join for 4 years, pick up combat experience and tactics, then leave with access to military only weaponry for their gang and return to teach tactics to everyone else. Every branch, and every major gang is doing this along with some minor ones.

It seems to be happening because of what I suggested above, we keep trying to maintain enlistment levels so that we can do things like invade two countries at once and this has forced the military to lower standards.

This is a serious problem.
edit on 26-11-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Lot of folks that get the jail or military time are not gang bangers, ive worked with several over the years in the USAF that were stand up guys that turned their life around...

The guy in the OP... lock him up and toss away the key if he did try and join ISIS, he forgot his oath and I have little use for those people.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   

top topics

join