It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rant 101: Paris 2015 Getting a global agreement on climate change

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I have to put this in the rant section as it is angry opinion about the coming Climate meeting in Paris this December. 196 states will attend. I can not prove this as yet, but I believe this meeting and the International Carbon initiatives are striving towards a new International tax system. I do not believe they will actually achieve anything in terms of real climate change. They will just use it as an excuse to penalise people and raise a world fund. Conveniently we already have a world bank and an IMF to manage it.

My only proof will be when it happens and I can say I told you so. There is no point in I told you sos. I guess there is some point in being aware of how we are going to be screwed in yet another position.

The outcome of this little carbon get together will be to work out how they can tax us all, every one of us in the 196 participating states, with a new penalty.

The poor will again pay the most tax because they can not afford the measures that reduce carbon. For example members of my family can afford solar panels. Their electricity bills are less than a quarter of mine because I am a poor boy who don't want to fit in with the evils of the system. I will have to pay a carbon penalty, too, where they will not have to as such. Their carbon penalty will only be paid as part of the price they initially pay for the manufacture of the panels and roughly a quarter of the carbon penalty I will have to pay because I have to use the dirty electricity and they can afford to make carbon clean solar electricity.

It will be a stealth tax levied on EVERYTHING, from crops to manufacture to utility bills, you name it they will tax it if it has a carbon footprint. Electoral failures like Al Gore and David Miliband are assimilated into the cause and given posts to preach the good cause.

Watch out planet earth. These guys ain't here to save you. They are here to use you as an excuse for yet more revenue and profit. Your rape will continue and get worse I am in no doubt. This will not protect the rain forests or species.

Will it actually work and slow down manufacture and industry and make them do their thing in more hippy ways? Of course not. Industry works to maximum cost effective efficiency as it is. They spend the least to make the most. We know that by how they stream line their employees. Profit is profit and tax is tax. If you want the goods or services there will be a penalty. The poor will again be paying proportionally much higher tax penalties than the rich. The rich will find ways to avoid the tax. Rich states will be able to buy up the carbon quotas of poor states and poor states will have to cut productivity and the like. There will be a million ways to abuse this system for sure.

Please let me know if this last picture offends. I wanted to make a point and have censored the offending part of the picture. I will remove it if any member wants me to. Kinda makes a point though doesn't it?

edit on 25-11-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Nice abs. The mustache is a little creepy. .. it will always be a battle between the rich and poor especially w/taxes.... nice rant..

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

It is bad enough that the Federal Government exists and rules over me. I will be damned if I allow some globalist elites to tell me what to do and that I have to pay them for the privilege of existing.
edit on 2015/11/25 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I absolutely agree. china has already made a deal to be allowed to build coal burning plants until 2030 before they have to start slowing down their emissions.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

I found a good page on what can happen here. There are some good things about it and some iffy things. It appears Boulder, Colorado already does this on electricity and they are successful. Part of this would be to reimburse/ rebate poorer people either as a tax offset or send people a check, like The Alaska Permanent Fund. It seems that the burdon would focus on the more affluent and carbon producing corporations.

This is from a place called the Carbon Tax Center. It is only a review of why and what could happen and what they think should happen...as a carbon tax plan seems inevitable.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Yes, creepy mustache.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

You are being extremely naive. The "government", any government has no money. They only take care of public money. So any money that is given to the "poor" to offset carbon taxes is paid for by you and I.

Similarly, corporations have a responsibility to their shareholders to maintain profits. Any carbon taxes paid by a corporation will be offset by tax deductions (of which you and I will have to pay) or by raising the price of goods and services.

At the end of the day, there is the government, corporations and individuals and it is individuals who pay for everything.

Tired of ControlFreaks

top topics

join