It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why BLM and other groups like it exist.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   
‘N****rs gotta learn how to read’: White Pennsylvania police chief uses racial slur in book drive fundraiser

“Good morning,” the email begins. “Please click and review. Even $1.00 will be greatly appreciated. Them [Town of] Sharon n****s gotta learn how to read.”

Sure some of it is fighting every day racism but it is the racism that exists with people in power that those groups truly fight against.

Before it begins, yes BLM and other groups have their radicals but it does not mean that their cause is less important. Forget the radicals and listen to the message.
edit on 25-11-2015 by lucifershiningone because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: lucifershiningone

Don't defend BLM, you will run from these forums with a scorn and a false purpose.

BLM is a hateful group funded and founded by people with interest in instability. They have zero credibility, zero cause, and zero right to support.

They are THE EXACT THING THEY PROTEST.

Ignorance in it's finest.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

So tell me how many BLM members you have known personally or meetings have you been to? I mean your making a statement like it is fact so prove it.

Show that the entire movement is based on hate. Not just little tidbits you people always use to paint the entire movement as evil.

PROVE THE ENTIRE MOVEMENT IS A HATE GROUP
edit on 25-11-2015 by lucifershiningone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

"‘N****rs gotta learn how to read’: White Pennsylvania police chief uses racial slur in book drive fundraiser "

Unbelievable that some people think it's ok for a Police Chief to talk like this. Even more unbelievable that some will defend this kind of talk and blame the victims.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
the movement exists because even such a simple statement in this day and age is contentious. how disgusting is that? we live in an inherently and structurally racist society and that HAS to change.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

People have a right to protest whatever they want, but I also have a right to ignore whatever I want. I don't identify with BLM so I will simply let them do their thing and I will do mine.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I equate BLM with Westboro Baptist Church. Same spew of hate just a different flavor.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

The bigger picture is once again skewed from all directions.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Well , at least all this Northern stuff is giving us Southerners a break . And everyone says we are the racist ones....

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: lucifershiningone
‘N****rs gotta learn how to read’: White Pennsylvania police chief uses racial slur in book drive fundraiser

“Good morning,” the email begins. “Please click and review. Even $1.00 will be greatly appreciated. Them [Town of] Sharon n****s gotta learn how to read.”

Sure some of it is fighting every day racism but it is the racism that exists with people in power that those groups truly fight against.

Before it begins, yes BLM and other groups have their radicals but it does not mean that their cause is less important. Forget the radicals and listen to the message.

So some backwater town has a racist police chief? Fig Bucking Deal. They guy should be fired.

Simple question. So this police chief has been exposed. Great. How does that fix the 75% out of wedlock birthrate in the black community? How does this fix the sky high black on black murder rate? How does this fix the poor school performance?

It doesn't and in the scheme of all the issues facing the black community it is a complete waste of time and resources to worry about little stuff like this redneck Sheriff.

The reason BLM gets no love is that the priorities are out of whack and anyone who is honest knows it.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Another group that is hard to follow, it seems that at the base there like any other protest group, but if you go by some ats memeber there the most racist group since the invention of the fire.

So ill go with a protest movement with no real leadership that offends some people.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Kind of hard to prove. But I do suggest they get a better PR campaign, the ones that are being aired do represent a hate group.

(post by jmilo2 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

a reply to: Vector99

So tell me how many BLM members you have known personally or meetings have you been to? I mean your making a statement like it is fact so prove it.

Show that the entire movement is based on hate. Not just little tidbits you people always use to paint the entire movement as evil.

The whole thing is a sham. Paid to protest for one thing...

m.washingtontimes.com...

(On my phone so couldn't link)

I'm not sure what's more embarrassing, that the BLM folks expect to be taken seriously or that some people actually do.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I work in an industry that is heavy with "minorities" and many many times BLM has come up in gatherings and social situations, the majority of the time its they that bring it up.

And not a single one of them supports this movement, they see it as most of America does, a racist bigoted movement a kin to the Black Panthers, many even believe that group is heavily involved in promoting and pushing the demonstrations.

Whats sad is the majority in the US see this group for what it is, and yet there is a large section of people that are so desperate to be a part of something, and so NEED to be affiliated with something they feel is righteous, that they do not see it for what it is

Divisive and counter productive....

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
I work in an industry that is heavy with "minorities"

the NBA, a recording studio, or hair salon?

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I would love to see a Venn diagram of people who support Black Lives Matter, Code Pink, Occupy Wall Street and communists(progressives)...

I'm willing to bet the farm the cross pollination of these groups is off the charts...pun intended.

*****as for the op, this guy should and will get fired...if for nothing else than having horrifically bad judgment...notwithstanding the need to not use racial slurs when in a position like chief of police...

-Christosterone
edit on 25-11-2015 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

So some backwater town has a racist police chief? Fig Bucking Deal. They guy should be fired.

Simple question. So this police chief has been exposed. Great. How does that fix the 75% out of wedlock birthrate in the black community? How does this fix the sky high black on black murder rate? How does this fix the poor school performance?

It doesn't and in the scheme of all the issues facing the black community it is a complete waste of time and resources to worry about little stuff like this redneck Sheriff.

The reason BLM gets no love is that the priorities are out of whack and anyone who is honest knows it.

You make some valid points that relates to what some others have said. I agree that there are other issues that need to be dealt with in the Black community instead of always making the issue about race. Poor education, high murder rate(s), pregnancy rate(s). Some Blacks are in situations so destitute that they feel there is no hope left and act accordingly.

Not saying it's right. That's just how it is.
edit on 25-11-2015 by lostbook because: Word add

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
BLM only furthers racism by creating a division. Not only that, but everything I have seen from them has been on the side of that extreme politically correct attitude.

BLM is probably the worst movement that could have come from the problems that black communities face.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
It's ironic the BLM movement is even here given the fact we have a Black POTUS. My thought is that there are a bunch of black folks out there that thought Obama would be their savior and he would deliver them from there challenged lives. In reality 7 years later they are worse off, unless getting more govt assistance is a positive thing!

IMO if BLM movement really cared about black lives they would start at the root of the problem. Things like education and mentorship. Maybe blacks wouldn't be killing each other like they are now. But no they can't address the biggest perp of their race, people of their own race! Makes no sense.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join