It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   
www.un.org...

Whether at home, on the streets or during war, violence against women is a global pandemic that takes place in public and private spaces. Together we can and must end this pandemic.

www.unwomen.org...

Prevention is the 2015 theme of the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women on 25 November and of the UNiTE to End Violence against Women Campaign’s 16 days call for action.

Is anyone going to defend the migrant women who hide during the day to avoid being raped at the migrant camp in Calais?

Or is this campaign just useless fluff?

Over to you, ladies.

edit on 25 11 2015 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

when do we have an international day for ending violence against people(and more specifically, people that are different than you, and live live in different place with different stuff)?

im sorry im dreaming lets just focus on about half the population

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   

I support women and I fervently oppose picking on the weak or weaker no matter what, I'm sorry for victims of abuse no matter where they are today/tonight it's unacceptable wether refugee or citizen, that's all I have to say about that.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

dude your an idiot, no matter what your beliefs, you just implied that women are the weak and weaker, her comes man bashing, thanks bro. we are sposed to look out for each other

edit on 25-11-2015 by DOCHOLIDAZE1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-11-2015 by DOCHOLIDAZE1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I started watching the tv show The Vikings last night, and I was barely into the second episode when the first rape of a female "slave" took place. If I was a time traveller there is no way on earth I would travel as a woman. Going to some places in the world, including just over the channel to France it would seem, is a little like the deepest, darkest times of the past. My British/European Passport, and my white skin, afford me many luxuries but more importantly they protect me in ways some women around the world can only imagine. In recognising the accident of our own birth, we should also recognise an obligation, particularly as parents, to not be complacent about understanding what that protection, by law, actually means to us, how different our lives would be without it and continually seek to ensure those same protections are extended to us all.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

Generally, being psychically weaker is not sexist jab and says nothing about other strengths women and individuals have and often times more so then men.

Let's not be rediculously politically correct the victims of abuse are often women and children, (not that men do not get abused) therefor my statement stands.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Those hardcore advocates of violence against women have always done my head in. Its like there saying violence can be justified, just as long its not against a female.

Like... why wouldn't they just be against violence all together? Why are they always fixated on violence against women, specifically?

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Elimination of Violence against Women

Should be more like "Elimination of Violence Day".
People really need to stop focusing on one race/religion/thing and must look at the bigger picture. Plus even then, in order to stop violence against women, you need to stop violence as a whole.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Says who?

Who decided this day is that? I did not. There is a stupid day for everything in the NWO. Not for me it isn't.

Every day is end violence all over the world for me, not just women.

They are hypocritical. They treat the world's people like dirt, depriving them often of even the necessities to live and eat and then have these idiotic days.

No, no, no. None of their hypocritical invented days mean a rat's ass to me.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Generally, being psychically weaker is not sexist jab and says nothing about other strengths women and individuals have and often times more so then men.

Let's not be rediculously politically correct the victims of abuse are often women and children, (not that men do not get abused) therefor my statement stands.

Run, Forest, run!

What kind of inane and useless comment is this? Why parrot a silly Hollywood movie? It is not cute. It is the kind of English that someone short of their wits might use.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

come on man r that thick? i was wing manning you, i call ur post out for what it could be perceived as, and then the freedom fighter girls dont come at you because its already been called, and now you get to defend yourself against my post and make your self look like a man that believes in equal rights, either way you win, , i suggest you forget i ever did this for you and gather your stars

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Yea, I'm not sure what about my statement you disagree with. Sorry about your offense, and I'm hardly regurgitating anything, I'm speaking from what I've seen not some movie title..

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Maybe you guys should join the Kurds and go kill ISIS lunatics.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1

when do we have an international day for ending violence against people(and more specifically, people that are different than you, and live live in different place with different stuff)?

im sorry im dreaming lets just focus on about half the population

We don't because stupid people have a hold of the reigns and refuse to let go.... Making it about women is a divisive tactic that works.....

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

i know question was rhetorical

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Yep and alcohol makes me retarded

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

we have somthing in common

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

Lawful protection.

Law based on equality.

This is how it's said to be at the Calais camp.

Faustine Douillard, a social worker for the NGO France Terre d’Asile (France, Land of Asylum), visits the camp every day to advise those claiming asylum in France.

“I have to go through the men to speak to the women,” she says. “They don’t know their rights, and that makes them very vulnerable.”

Some are forced to take on male "protectors", who demand sexual favours in return.
www.france24.com...

Lack of equality in the camp makes equal lawful protection impossible.

As in the US military many rapes of migrant women are associated with urination. A truckload of shewees could prevent some rapes and the health problems associated with hanging on or insufficient fluid intake. It's easier to pee into a bottle in a tent with one of these, and squatting vulnerably outdoors can be avoided. If someone reading this wants to know what can be done to help, donating some of these may be a positive step. Supply lines for sleeping bags are difficult, for these it needs special female dedication to get them to the women who hide all day. www.gapyear.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

I agree it's divisive nwo drivel. But we might as well use for something good if we can.

My motto is, 'If it belongs to the nwo and it isn't nailed down, steal it'.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   
What exactly has our toothless UN done to "eliminate" violence against women? How about organizing sanctions on a couple of middle eastern countries where women are treated like slaves? The UN is all talk but no walk. They need to exercise more pressure if they want to succeed in any of their lofty ideas.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join