It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Saying "Only" Radical Islam Is The Problem, A Conspiracy Born Out Of PC ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Saw this the other day

" 5 out of 5 Muslims wish you would stop talking about Muslims"

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
The 2nd amendement , does not protect one from the backlash of saying dumb things. But yea its those evil pc people lol.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Ok KrazyshOt, that town hall meeting in the video, where radical idea's are presented and everybody puts up their hands up in agreement except that white guy in the front row that clearly looks uncomfortable with what is being said.

Talk to me about that, justify that, defend that, and please don't say oh that doesn't represent all Muslims because that meeting took place in a western land, they would be more "moderate" than Muslims actually living in a Muslim country where the laws actually allow those thing to take place without the police or the judiciary getting involved.

It's amazing to see some liberals attacking Christians, but defending Islam, unbelievable.
So unbelievable it feels like it must be trolling. And if it is a persons sincere world view, maybe it's time they spent 6 months in Saudi Arabia, then come back and tell me if you feel the same way. More so for liberal women, then see how tolerant they are, after their personal rights get trampled all over.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

Ok KrazyshOt, that town hall meeting in the video, where radical idea's are presented and everybody puts up their hands up in agreement except that white guy in the front row that clearly looks uncomfortable with what is being said.

Talk to me about that, justify that, defend that, and please don't say oh that doesn't represent all Muslims because that meeting took place in a western land, they would be more "moderate" than Muslims actually living in a Muslim country where the laws actually allow those thing to take place without the police or the judiciary getting involved.

It's amazing to see some liberals attacking Christians, but defending Islam, unbelievable.
So unbelievable it feels like it must be trolling. And if it is a persons sincere world view, maybe it's time they spent 6 months in Saudi Arabia, then come back and tell me if you feel the same way. More so for liberal women, then see how tolerant they are, after their personal rights get trampled all over.

Why should I justify anything? That video is anecdotal evidence that you are trying to use to justify labeling ALL Muslims as this way. I will do none of that. At no point were all 1.6 billion Muslims in the room putting their hands up in agreement, so there is all of ZERO ability to make a claim that that meeting represents Muslims as a whole anymore than me finding a video of a Westboro Baptist Church sermon and saying that represents all Christians as a whole. YOU need to provide those statistics that you claimed all agree with you though.
edit on 25-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

No not "ALL", the true moderates have been interviewed and bravely spoken out against what they see happening.
I think what is hard to accept is that the moderates are actually in the minority. And perhaps viewed by Islam as how the Catholics viewed the reformers in the 16th century trying to step away from the more brutal and oppressive parts of that religion. History shows how they reacted, and how long did it take after it started ?

So reformation is needed, and quickly not over centuries.
I see the world not wanting to wait and let it happen naturally, I see governments taking strong action to accelerate the process.
And it won't be pleasant for any religion, because the political correctness will dictate you can't just do it to one specific religion, you have to apply the law equally to all. This is coming, I know this, the progress is slow but sure. It's not if , but when.

edit on 25-11-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

No not "ALL", the true moderates have been interviewed and bravely spoken out against what they see happening.
I think what is hard to accept is that the moderates are actually in the minority.

Really the minority? If the majority are radicalized then why so few attacks against western countries?

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: sHuRuLuNi
You are the ignorant one. You are the one who needs to read the quran because everything I stated is straight from it. Either you are a gullible victim of political correctness or you ar a piss poor muslim at risk of losing your head.

The infallibility of the prophet as a vessel for the word of god is the fundamental principle of islam.

Muslims consider 'ismah, infallibility, as an important quality for the person who holds the position of prophethood. This quality is not confined to the Prophet of Islam, Muhammad (peace be upon him and his progeny) but is also found in all the prophets and messengers of God who came before Islam.

The Qur'an also supports this reasoning.

The 1st Verse

وَمَا أَرْسَلْنَا مِنْ رَسُولٍ إِلَّا لِيُطَاعَ بِإِذْنِ اللَّهِ
“We did not send any prophet, except so that he may be obeyed by the will of Allah.” (4:64)

www.al-islam.org...‘ismah#1st-verse

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

So tell me how many times have you read the Quran front to back? Or are you just looking up tidbits and using them to fit your narrative of Islam?

If you never read the Quran, why do act like you know what it exactly is about?

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: lucifershiningone

If the majority are radicalized then why so few attacks against western countries?

This is exactly how I used to think, but if there was a plebiscite/referendum on if we should stone homosexuals and adulators to death and they vote for that, they don't have to commit acts of terrorisms to enforce radical ideology on their fellow citizens, do they ? They just vote it in and let the governments enforce the policy they voted for.

There was a video, I can't find it right now but at a city council meeting they were screaming and yelling about passing some draconian by-law, and one lady yelled "just wait until we are the majority in this community".

Liberals may wake up one day to see the rights they took decades to achieve evaporate because they worked so hard to give equality to all that it worked against them with one group who couldn't handle that freedom.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Some crazy lady does not speak for an entire religion. C'mon man your smarter than that.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
No.

Remember the crusades, this is basically the same thing we're seeing once more. Radicals in any dogmatic belief system are the problem; regardless of when, what variant.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

It is when a religion gains dominance do we see the radicals take over. No religion is better than the other but if it gains power..it is the radicals that take charge. That goes for any religion.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

So unbelievable it feels like it must be trolling.

Like saying we cannot paint all muslims as terrorists or extremists based on the actions of a few radicals...but all cops are racist, all whites are bigots, and all gun owners are potential terrorists

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Another Media controlled person thinking what he sees on the Media is the majority. I mean the Media has no agenda right? lol

As Russel Peters said it... "The ones you see on the TV are the ignorant red necks of Middle east"

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Yeah guys...totally take what everyone was saying and take it out of context.

Good one. I for one am not attacking Christians just pointing out that they are also committing horrible acts in other countries. Does that make them representatives of Christianity..of course not..then why blame of all Islam for the radicals.

To do that is ignorant and idiotic.

All cops are not racist(show where that was stated), all whites are not bigots(show where that was stated) and all gun owners are not potential terrorists ( show where that was stated).

You won't be able to because you are reacting like drama queens and taking everything out of context.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Chanting footballers at a game are representative of a global Muslim mindset ... laughable. Are you for real???? Have you ever been to a football match ?????

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Lets all just be honest with ourselves for a minute. It's not exactly a religious issue.

The fact is, in the grand scheme of things... Multiculturalism has failed. And will continue to fail until everyone advances and moves forward together.

It's not to do with fear of extremism on a day to day basis. It's not about hating Muslims. Some of my closest friends are Muslims.

It's a culture clash. And The culture Islam seems to breed is rather backward in comparison.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I am not entirely informed on the statistics involving this subject, so I don't think I will have an informed opinion. But I have heard that what we call moderate Islam is rare in the Middle-East but more common here in the states. Islam is a religion, so if the religion has rules in it that call for the subjugation of women and war on non-believers, then most of the followers will think that way.

You can think of it in the same way as the Mormons, who recently declared same-sex couples apostates. Since Mormonism is a religion, most Mormons will adhere to this prejudiced stance against homosexuals. Therefore, it is okay to paint them with a broad brush. Most of the ones who disagree left the church.
edit on 25pmWed, 25 Nov 2015 18:23:41 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: MrConspiracy

It's true you could have less spiritual Muslims just embracing the culture and not the religion.
I have personally seen that with other religions such as Sikhs, who are cultural Sikhs, but not spiritual Sikhs, incidentally I feel bad for them because they get painted with the same brush as Islam when they are mostly all very peaceful farmers who never try to enforce their beliefs on anybody. They have brown skin and a turban and people can't tell the difference, but I know the difference, I have worked with many of them over the years. They are good people.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

After watching this video the case is made that the real moderates in Islam are actually a small minority, statistics after statistics shows this to be true.
I find the statistics in Pakistan disturbing, but it's an outlier in the countries shown in this poll, though for some reason these polls never seem to show Saudi Arabia which is where most of the 9/11 terrorists were from (15 of the 19), so I'd really like to see this poll for Saudi Arabia:

In nations with significant Muslim populations, much disdain for ISIS

In Pakistan only 28% oppose ISIS and that number is too low, but it's obviously not representative of Muslim countries shown in this poll,. It looks like the average would be somewhere around 3 out of 4 Muslims oppose ISIS in this poll, and I think that figure is probably also in the right ballpark for many other countries not shown including "western" countries. That's still lower than I'd like but I think those who oppose ISIS can be called "real moderates". You can debate about the people who "don't know", but in my opinion those people are not "real moderates".

edit on 20151125 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join