It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Alien" encounter in 2008

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   
This was a few years ago but every now and then it gets into my head and I can't stop thinking about it. Earlier this year I finally reported it to a well known international UFO network, and in less than 24 hours received a call confirming interest. The guy said that they compare sightings around the world looking for similarities and that he was very confident that would be the case here. He also advised me not to talk about it - I should have asked why, but I didn't. I tend not to ask questions by nature.

Alright: in September 2008, at around 2am on Sunday morning, I received a call from a couple of friends who were walking through my suburb on their way home and were wondering if I wanted to hang out for a bit in a park a short distance from my house. They knew I was a night owl, hence why they figured correctly that I'd still be up. We met up in the park and were sitting at a picnic table for about 20 minutes when I started to notice a very tall, very thin, "person" walking around the perimetre of the park. The route included going around a whole bunch of houses, and according to Google Maps, the shortest route is approximately 1.6 kilometres (just under one mile for you yanks). The motion of this.... fellow... was that of a walking pace rather than a running pace. And he was covering the distance in under a minute, repeatedly circling around the park. After his third appearance, I mentioned it to my two friends, who said that they too had noticed it and were about to say something until I got in first.

So, we did what anyone would do. We hid in the shadows about 8 metres away from the footpath and waited until this tall skinny chap was about 20 metres away to our right, at which point we all sprinted towards the footpath, hoping to intercept this strange night walker as he approached. But by the time we hit the footpath, he was about 20 metres past us to our left. Still walking, not running. Of course, we didn't hesitate to chase after him, running as fast as we could - three healthy 18 year olds in hot pursuit. But no matter how fast we tried to run, we just couldn't catch up. At one point this figure paused beneath a streetlight and turned to look at us briefly before resuming his time-distorting walk. I can't remember any detail of his face, only that he was easily 7ft tall, extremely thin, dressed in tight black clothing, had a large head with no hair and very pale, almost white skin. He seemed totally unconcerned that three people were sprinting towards him, did not answer to our calls of "oi mate stop we wanna talk to you" etc. Just paused for a second, and kept walking.

He rounded a corner, and we followed seconds later, only to find him gone. We stopped running after rounding the corner and losing sight of him, and for some reason all three of us decided that it would not be a good idea to keep trying to follow him. We went back to the park and lingered there for a while, but he didn't come back. Incidentally, we were all sober, and not on any drugs. All three of us experienced the same thing; for years after we'd refer to it as "the alien incident". Didn't see any UFO or strange vehicle of any kind, then again we were a bit too preoccupied to look up, so if there was a flying saucer or whatever parked nearby we wouldn't have seen it. There was no missing time, just this tall thin pale fella walking (definitely walking motion, not running) at an impossible speed, and none of us could recall details of his face even though he looked right at us.

Just curious as to what other people might think of this, I only call him an "alien" for lack of a better word, I'd be lying if I said I knew exactly what the hell we all saw that night. It didn't seem like he was particularly concerned with us, which makes it weirder because if I were walking down the street in the early hours of the morning and found three people chasing after me calling out for me to stop, I'd probably not just casually continue walking and breaking the laws of physics whilst I'm at it.

Haven't seen anything like that since, which I was informed to be a good thing. Been very hesitant about telling this because I don't want to be identified by my story, but I've decided to run that risk anyway.

TL;DR
Saw very tall, very thin, very pale "person" walking a distance of around 1.6km in under a minute, tried to intercept him but couldn't catch up despite how fast we ran, dude disappeared into the ether after turning a corner.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DeepThoughtCriminal

Your story reminds me of an incident I had a few years ago while living out in the countryside.

I was walking home one night from work and as I was getting close to home (a dirt road with two rows of houses each side) I could see a shadow figure walking ahead of me.

I kept my eye on it as it seemed really odd..not particularly tall or skinny, it just looked like you're average built man albeit all black.

Anyways I started to get closer and bridge the gap between us by jogging, then all of a sudden it disappeared in thin air.

I stopped, looked around..and then I spotted it, behind me at the far end of the road (where I had entered) just staring in my direction.

I quickly made my way home, and I never saw that thing ever again during my walks.
edit on 25-11-2015 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Could of been anything the concept is even stranger than alien if it was infact a human being chased in the middle of the night by three excited fit 18 year olds.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Sounds more like you guys scared off a jogger. If I jogged around a park at night, and 3 individuals started chasing me, I wouldn't be hanging around, either.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   
It was obviously Slenderman.
Seriously though, you kids need to stop taking the magic mushrooms.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeepThoughtCriminal

Earlier this year I finally reported it to a well known international UFO network, and in less than 24 hours received a call confirming interest. The guy said that they compare sightings around the world looking for similarities and that he was very confident that would be the case here. He also advised me not to talk about it

I imagine that they didn't want you to talk about it to avoid your story from possibly being borrowed and/or influencing someone else's siting as they stated they are comparing your encounter to others that have been reported and looking for similarities...

So, have they got back to you at all? You said you reported this earlier this year...

Just curious as to what other people might think of this.

Very cool and kind of eerie it sounds to me. I imagine if I was with friends and saw this I would probably want to give chase, but if I was alone, no chance...

Haven't seen anything like that since, which I was informed to be a good thing

Who informed you it would be bad, and why?? I am curious about this. Thanks!!

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   
probably a being from the future, the next, or third stage of human evolution.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: IntastellaBurst

yup, that's obviously the most reasonable conclusion..

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: defuntion

Yeah the UFO people got back to me within 24 hours, called me up on a Sunday evening, asking for sketches of this thing and something else I saw when I was 14 (same area). The UFO representative man, whatever he was, told me that it'd be best to keep it quiet, and your reasoning actually makes a lot of sense.

---

And yeah I know, it's easy to say it was just some jogger or something, but like I said, his (?) pace was that of a walking motion rather than a running one, and even if he was running, he couldn't cover that distance in that amount of time. This was before the creation of Slenderman, and that's part of the reason why I tend not to tell too many people about it, because it's a similar description. I mean I've seen people jogging before obviously, but this alien dude was rake thin, like anorexically emaciated, legs like sticks, and his head was weirdly large and round. To be honest if someone else told me something like this I'd probably think they were just having some sh*ts and giggles, definitely don't blame anyone for doubting me hey, it's a pretty weird story.

I just thought it was interesting how well received it was by the UFO people, as though they'd been hearing very similar stories already. And that just made me wonder if anyone else has seen something like this. Never seen a UFO, but I seen this space cadet.

As for why in the absolute hell a goddamn alien would be speed-walking around a random inner-north Brisbane park in the early hours of the morning blatantly defying the laws of physics and somehow distorting our running speed/its walking speed, well, that is beyond me. I'm a skeptic myself, I just have a couple of really strange things that I can't explain, and I'm supposed to be a scientist, not an alien nut (meaning no disrespect to anyone of course).

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   

If you thought it was an alien... Why even give chase and yell for its attention addressing like a human, might as well grabs some rocks and pelt it.
edit on 25-11-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   

a reply to: defuntion

Yeah the UFO people got back to me within 24 hours, called me up on a Sunday evening, asking for sketches of this thing and something else I saw when I was 14 (same area).

Wow, ok, so what about this thing you saw when you were 14??
It sounded like this park incident was the first time you saw something like this..??
What was the incident they asked about when you were 14? (4 years prior to the park encoun..?) and why did they ask about it??
I would like to hear the other encounter in detail if you don't mind..
Seems like you are a magnet for strange encounters.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Maybe you just scared the #### out of a roller blader.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   
1.6 km per min is about 60 mph. Maybe it good that you didn't get him to stop. I would guess Vampire.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I bet you could stab them with your hair.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Poppcocked

Lmao! Knock my widows peak all you want, I do have to admit that was relatively funny.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

I'm more curious to know how it goes with your UFO reporting.

As someone who has seen their share of UFO'S but never reported a single one, I'm interested in seeing how their process works.

I'm very curious to know if they attempt to take anymore personal stuff from you such as hair samples or something like that.

I'm not trusting of any agency that wants me to disclose information on a subject that is basically real but "not real".

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
What were you guys doing in a park at 3am. Robbing people?

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasyeti
What were you guys doing in a park at 3am. Robbing people?

Discussing their next Slenderman fan fiction, I'll bet.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

It didn't seem like he was particularly concerned with us, which makes it weirder because if I were walking down the street in the early hours of the morning and found three people chasing after me calling out for me to stop, I'd probably not just casually continue walking and breaking the laws of physics whilst I'm at it.

I had a similar encounter in '68.

edit on 25-11-2015 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   

I am having a hard time imagining how the mechanics of this worked... that he was walking 60 MPH. Did he have a super long gait? Were you able to see him the entire rotation, or did you lose sight of him part of the time? I am just trying to visualize what this looked like. When he took a step, how much distance did he progress?

I find it very strange that none of you can describe his face. Seems like you would know if it was a human face, or something non human. The fact that none of you do, makes me think that whatever this was, was altering your perception or your memories of the experience. Why would some alien stick being be out for a stroll around the park? On Earth? In plain sight? Besides breaking the known laws of physics, It makes no logical sense. Perhaps you saw something else you were not meant to see, and this is a screen memory. Or maybe there was some type of time distortion involved. I know that sounds equally illogical, but judging from some of the threads I have read here, that kind of thing seems to happen to a lot of rational minded, intelligent people.
edit on 26-11-2015 by 321equinox because:

edit on 26-11-2015 by 321equinox because: repetition

top topics

<<   2 >>

join