It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasons – A Disgrace to Humanity

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: SevenThunders
I want to know what I'm getting into before I elect someone to rule our country.

Frankly it would be better if more politicians were Masons instead of them being religious nutbags like we have now.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: SevenThunders
I want to know what I'm getting into before I elect someone to rule our country.

Frankly it would be better if more politicians were Masons instead of them being religious nutbags like we have now.

Indeed. This is just my interpretation, but at the very core of Masonic principle is the desire to serve others. Our current politicians only serve themselves under the guise of serving god.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Indeed. This is just my interpretation, but at the very core of Masonic principle is the desire to serve others.

That is accurate.

Our current politicians only serve themselves under the guise of serving god.

Yeah, and their equally wacko constituency.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SevenThunders
It sounds all well and good, but history demonstrates the dangers this poses.

As for Masonic influence on DC, here are the facts:

This conspiracy theory is my absolute favorite of the three. Conspiracy theorists allege that it was Masons who designed the street layout of Washington DC and in that design created intricate designs to create certain symbols. What are these symbols they say? According to the theorist there are Satanic symbols placed in the street design which proves we Masons are really followers of Satan. I always get a good chuckle out of this when someone approaches me with this one.

Here are the facts. George Washington appointed Pierre Charles L'Enfant to design Washington DC, which was established in 1790 when an act of Congress authorized a federal district along the Potomac River and conveniently situated between the northern and southern states.

Thomas Jefferson had created a sketch of the city comprised of a square grid street system. L'Enfant took these designs further and applied radials upon them. From each of these radials stemmed streets that would shoot diagonally across the city intersecting the grid system. L'Enfant placed Congress on a high point with a commanding view of the Potomac, instead of reserving the grandest spot for the leader's palace as was customary in Europe, to display the American attitude of reserving the high point of the city for the Legislature whose duty it is to represent the People and the States. These wide boulevards stemming from the radials allowed for easy transportation across town and offered views of important buildings and common squares from great distances.

Eventually L'Enfant's head strong behavior earned him the ire of Washington, who fired him after one year of employment. According to the Encyclopedia Americana:

L'Enfant forged ahead regardless of his orders, the budget, or landowners with prior claims.

When he left the US, he took his designs with him. The duty of remaking the plans fell upon Andrew Ellicot and Benjamin Banneker (a freed black man). Banneker was able to recreate the plans in their entirety from memory.

Of all the men who dealt with the designs, of this future Seat of Government, was George Washington. Some have stated that L'Enfant was a Mason, but according to Brent Morris in his book, The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Freemasonry, stated:

Eager Freemasons with more enthusiasm than facts have claimed L’Enfant as a brother. It is unfortunate for them that there are no documents, either primary or secondary, showing L’Enfant was a Mason.

To counter this, Pierre F. de Ravel d’Esclapon, of New York, wrote an article called "The Masonic Career of Major Pierre Charles L’Enfant" who states there exist minutes of Holland Lodge in NY that show L'Enfant getting proposed and initiated, but makes no more further statements as to whether he made it to become a Master Mason. I find his article intriguing, but the evidence is circumstantial and muddies the water. Even if he had been initiated, if he had not progressed any further he would not have been considered a full member nor entitled to the rights of membership. Regardless of his affiliation, he was fired and the designs remade from Banneker are what we see today.

The conspiracy theorist states that there exists an inverted pentagram (as seen in the picture above), but if you notice I have one line that is blue. I made that line blue because Rhode Island Ave NW doesn't go all the way through to K St NW. Rhode Island Ave NW stops when it runs into Connecticut Ave NW. The pentagram is not complete.

Some also state that you can find the Square and Compasses (one of the most prominent Masonic symbols out there), but I'd like to point out that when you place a radial street system upon a grid system, you'll find the Square and Compasses. With an intricate crisscross of streets, you're bound to find various images. In fact, as you can see in the picture above, you can spell "JESUS" in the streets of Washington DC, but you don't hear anyone condemning it as some deviant scheme of the Christian faith.

I personally find this theory to be illogical and unfounded, but even faced with the facts some people will hold tight to their theories.

edit on 12-12-2015 by KSigMason because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
why is governing others of free will so important to accomplish? while at the same time -universally wrong (to breach the boundary of another man) just to force your own will upon him? so he won't run with scissors?

that's what that big g is all about.
governance
since we fail to govern ourselves?

seems a noble cause on the surface, allowing people to drown is not as honorable as teaching them to swim...
fwiw

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: loveguy

why is governing others of free will so important to accomplish? while at the same time -universally wrong (to breach the boundary of another man) just to force your own will upon him? so he won't run with scissors?

I concur ... My thoughts ...

Of course it is dependent on the calibre of one who governs.
There is nothing wrong with following leadership
However if that leadership is imposed upon another against their will ... it is tyranny ... the school bully in the playground
Both Church and State are guilty of such

If truth be known any honourable leader would teach one to think for ones self

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.

Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

LOL! I believe you might be right on that one. I'm not too big on religion these days, I've had my fill of radical over zelous religious absurdity but no longer.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Voyager1

Awesome, maybe you should join us.

The World Domination meetings are first and third Thursdays at 7:30. New guys get to bring the snacks. And by snack you know exactly what I mean.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: loveguy

governance

seems a noble cause on the surface, allowing people to drown is not as honorable as teaching them to swim...
fwiw

Who is trying to govern anyone? Masonic ideals have nothing to do with worrying about how other's do things, it's all about how YOU do things.

Hell, I think we should remove all warning labels and let nature do it's job cleaning the gene pool. But that's just me.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Hell, I think we should remove all warning labels and let nature do it's job cleaning the gene pool. But that's just me.

Yes, thank you. Can we also get rid of those nearly impossible to open safety tops too? It makes glue sniffing so much more cumbersome.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Payeth All Thine Taxeseth... Then Announce Or Renounce Your Position Of Authority.
As Long As There Is Money Left Over For Expenses... You Need Not Trouble Yourself With Masonicky Affairs. The G Stands For Gross Pay.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

governance

fwiw

Who is trying to govern anyone? Masonic ideals have nothing to do with worrying about how other's do things, it's all about how YOU do things.

making people associate with money-changers kinda takes the wind from a free man's sail, doesn't it? I 'm governed by my buying power, not my will to do good to others?

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Again, how does Masonry have anything to do with that? It sounds like you aren't very informed on what it is we do, or are about. If you'd like to know, just ask. Even glue sniffing Augustus would happily answer you.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

no doubt. It's not like you aren't going to sniff it once you get it open right? Just prolongs the buzz.

I was picturing the hair dryer in the shower kind of warnings. Those people, along with the one's who don't know that steaming cup of coffee you just bought "might be hot", need not reproduce. (IMHO)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Again, how does Masonry have anything to do with that? It sounds like you aren't very informed on what it is we do, or are about. If you'd like to know, just ask. Even glue sniffing Augustus would happily answer you.

c'mon buddy.
everybody knows that from presidents to judges to city managers to university deans...people that cooperate what the 'rules will be' have in one way or the other associated themselves with a good cause known as freemasonry? if one ain't in the fraternity, he's an outsider...not as significant and won't get a decent 'job'?

everywhere we turn, we are getting molested out of our (dimes and nickels that happens to be more significant) than the poor soul getting molested during this process of serving others?

i wouldn't hang a carrot on a stick to get people to be civil to one another, that's not how I would separate the wheat from the chaff...if I chose to carry such upon my head? let the monkey evolve with an education that allows him to remove himself from the situation that would bring harm to anyone?

why all the mystery with all this good services rendered?

the way i see things is as follows...
we (inhabitants one and all) are the by-product of a binary system that one of the parents gave their life in order to create what we are today...

the most precious thing on the planet is a remnant of our parent that gave us life that we take for granted, yet lust after like it is the end all save all that it is...gold...our inner core.

the prize should be going places and meeting others who live in common clouds throughout the universe- but have platinum etc inner-cores.

so, i'm just mad we ain't evolving much during this lifetime...

my marbles fall out alot, but never into obscurity.

where is the prize, why is there a cookie in it for me?

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

The last US president to be a mason was Gerald Ford. And he wasn't even elected.

If you and all the others who fear masonry, really knew what it was, you would be like me and wish all politicians were masons. then they would have a secondary system of jurisprudence to follow.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

thanks for the reply.

If you and all the others who fear masonry

there are mason lodges close enough that I can visit if I wanted to-i don't cringe at them like i do at exaggeratedly over-built cathedrals i've driven past. and since they gave me a sandwich once...
i just have trouble believing i would take part in an activity that would deny the majority to make their own educated choice...

i push for education being used to further our species, not to control and suppress it.
if you guys aren't assembling to make a positive difference for everyone, what are you doing?

you're not in it for the money are ya'?
money is the cause not the solution
why not throw some love at our problems...
builders of nations? sorry- it sounded cool, in my head, to say that.

if a 17 year old finishes school, they should be rewarded with a check for 5 grand...
but while hoarders persist within their sickness, they think it's their money, not the graduates...

debt is not an incentive to produce more, so some sick hoarder can build upon their 'selfish' obsession?

so if it's the masons telling me i have to cooperate with the money-changers that were removed from the temple...
...are not the masons in cahoots with the money-changers?

forgive me if I thought you guys were tougher than I presumed you were-are.

no fear, i just want the secrets revealed...if anything nefarious is being used against me or my kind.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Do you know what we already do? Why not stop by that lodge and ask what charities they support. We don't advertise what we do, we don't do nice things to get the public's kudos. We do them because it's the right thing to do.

And most have no idea what we do or why.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

no fear, i just want the secrets revealed...if anything nefarious is being used against me or my kind.

OK, here are the secrets.
Be good to others, not because you want them to be good to you, but because it's the right thing to do.

Charity extends beyond the grave.

Keep the secrets of your friends when they ask you to.

Don't be a dick.

That's about it. Hearing them this way isn't life changing, but learning them the way we do, is.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join