It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasons – A Disgrace to Humanity

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Good point. I'm too stuffed up on Sudafed and paracetamol to notice.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: rajas
There's no reason to suppress Freemasonry and your tactics are nothing short of fascism and/or terrorism; using fear.

You'd attempt to label Freemasonry something it isn't. It isn't a cult nor against state interests.

I thought you said it was a story based on facts?

You really have no idea what Freemasonry is or what it is about.

It's not a cult. We lack certain characteristics to be a cult.

Then again, trying to correct your erroneous information is casting pearls before swine.
edit on 2-12-2015 by KSigMason because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

hope you feel better soon.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
I have only recently become interested in Freemasons. I knew all the commonly known things but I wanted to know more.
I am a complete noob about this but what I found brings up more questions than answers.

For one, there is no actually decent information about how to recognise another FM. Those handshakes are merely the bit that is allowed to be seen by everyone but it isn't the only way to discern if the other is a FM or not.
Apparently there are a lot of other subtle 'signs' they use, that we commoners are not aware of and no, you can't find anything online.

The ceremony includes oaths that make you agree to be killed [throat cutting motion] if one leaks secrets. Make of that what you want. I just want to know if this is just a 'relic' left over from the 'olden days' or if it is actually a thread. So what happens to Masons that would spill the beans [serious question]?
I can't see them calling the police and say: "Arrest this man, officer, he told our secret!"

Next I'd like to point out that joining isn't as easy as has been said on here. I highly doubt that anyone over 21 and with a clean record can just become a FM.
It seems that only 'uselful' [read: rich or influential] people are in there. I doubt they have Street Sweeper members, otherwise there would be no point to the whole thing. The whole point is that the rich and influential can help each other out.

I guess its like Street Gangs for the rich, with all the handshakes and signs and brotherhood etc.

I also believe that there are not just the ranks you go up, but two completely separate stratas of FM. One is the public: "Hey ask us anything, we have no secrets", "we are merely a club for the privileged, don't believe all the nonsense" which is probably filled with mediocre rich people to make them feel part of something but is literally nothing you couldn't discuss with anyone. They meet, they have drinks together and discuss business.

The 'proper' strata is where the real FM are. Presidents, Queens and other high level influential people would be. They know stuff that us peasants suspect, but can't prove. This is only my own opinion but at this level, world wide decisions are made and secrets are known that the 'low level, public Masons' will never know.

All this 'going up the ranks' is therefore just a sham. I believe that some WILL go up and others will just be processed AS IF they are going up.

If I was rich, I'd be blooming tempted to join. Sounds fab to have rich friends to help you out and get you good positions in jobs and make sure you are never in real trouble. As I said, the poor version are Street Gangs or the Mafia. Only that they have less 'secrets' and shoot each other more openly.

Lol...I am a mason. I am far from wealthy or important. The death penalty of the oaths are from times when being a mason ment you were able to travel for work without your king's permission and those craftsman would protect their families and their livelihood with their lives. Anyone who believes the social elite don't meet and do business in private clubs is fooling themselves, but masonry isn't that club...not to say that there are not masons in those clubs, but masonry itself is a fraternal and charitable organization... Incidentally we do try to take care of each other and help one another out...much the same way every other club tries to do for its members...otherwise what's the point? If you want to know about masonry then just join a lodge...its perfectly acceptable to join for curiositys sake.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I don't give a crap about freemasonry's cult secrets. Let them explain their occult allegiance to God on judgment day. What I insist on, however, is a full disclosure about what politicians, leaders and religious figures are active freemasons, to which lodge they belong and whatever degree level they have achieved (a measure of their devotion so to speak).

We have a right to know if our leaders have outside allegiances that supercede their oath of office.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: SevenThunders
We have a right to know if our leaders have outside allegiances that supercede their oath of office.

I fully agree. But any Mason of worth would know that nothing in Freemasonry is incompatible with their civil, moral or religious duties. And they are very clear on that. So anyone in a position of (perceived) power, should have no impact being a Mason.

The guys in the lodge always say, family first, then your career/work, then Masonry. Always found that a very stress-free and easy way to enjoy Freemasonry on my part.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Cheers, matey. Went and saw Duran Duran last night -- was tough, massive sound vibrating my full sinuses! Sigh.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: SevenThunders
I don't give a crap about freemasonry's cult secrets. Let them explain their occult allegiance to God on judgment day. What I insist on, however, is a full disclosure about what politicians, leaders and religious figures are active freemasons, to which lodge they belong and whatever degree level they have achieved (a measure of their devotion so to speak).

Perhaps we could sew a gold star on their jackets, or tattoo a serial number on their wrists.

Tell me, would you be more worried about a 32nd degree mason or a 3rd degree mason?

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
[

Tell me, would you be more worried about a 32nd degree mason or a 3rd degree mason?

Royal Arch LOL

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sauron

originally posted by: network dude
[

Royal Arch LOL

no, it's got to have a number to mean something to a person who doesn't know any better.

what about a 90th degree Memphis Mizriam mason?

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: SevenThunders
There's nothing wrong with Freemasonry nor our secrecy. Being a Freemason doesn't prevent one from exercising his faith and bearing true allegiance to God.

Why not target all organizations? Seems discriminatory and a way for non-Masons to target Freemasons. In fact, courts in Europe found such registries to be against basic human rights.

Being a Freemason doesn't supersede any other obligations or oaths. And no, you don't have the right to know.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sauron

Royal Arch LOL

13th Degree: Knight Of The Royal Arch... Taught Me To Shape Up My Eyebrows And Wash Them Up With Head&Shoulders Shampoo.... plus... To Let A Barber Create A Skin Line Representing The All Seeing Royal Eye Of Good With The Royal Arch Brow....

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Pinocchio

No, Im speaking of the York Rite, (Mark Master Mason, Past Master Vertual Most Excellent Master and Royal Arch Mason.)
The path one would take to become a Knights Templar.

Hope you get the dandruf cleared up.

edit on 3/12/2015 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Sauron

So you can become a knights templar as a mason! Is it called the rich mans club?

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I believe that in a way, your stories have become somewhat your own fantasies. Before the telephone you were a secret network, in fact a huge one. It changed name but the boyclub was a great getaway from the misses, like minded people and a lot of nepotism.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Rich mans club, no we come from all walks of life, from wealthy to joe 6 packs like me.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

But you can be a Knights templar within freemasonry?

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Yes, Freemasonic Knights Templars,

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Whats the difference between the york and scottish?

Are you all Scotts?

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Yes, you can be a Knights Templar in the Freemasons, as Sauron shows.

That's your assumption, not our reality.

York Rite is a combination of degrees that can be traced through the history of Freemasonry in England that came to America and were grouped together to form what is now called the York Rite.

The Scottish Rite started in France and was known as the Rite of Perfection (and was composed of only 25-degrees) then came to America and in 1801 the Supreme Council was formed and the emergence of the 33-degree system.

The York Rite is a confederacy of three separate bodies: Chapter of Royal Arch Masons, Council of Cryptic Masons, and a Commandery of Knights Templar. The first two bodies keep with the story of the Lodge (King Solomon's Temple) or what is called "Ancient Craft Masonry." The Commandery breaks off from this legend and goes into a system of knighthoods and a Christian flavor culminating in the Order of the Temple. If you were to compare them, the York Rite is like getting a History degree while the Scottish Rite would be the philosophical degree.

No, you don't have to be a Scot to join Scottish Rite.
edit on 4-12-2015 by KSigMason because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join