It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasons – A Disgrace to Humanity

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: rajas

Religion means cultural traditions nothing else, i made a strong remark with that word.

Stop being purposefully obtuse, you knew I meant organized religion; Christianity, Judaism, Islam, etc.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   

i hope you and ksigmason are at the same lodge, if not, if you got a sith in there.. he would break it into tiny pieces.. A sithlord, he would, i dont even want to think about it.. Go to your jedi master, padawan..

He is in Idaho, I am in New Jersey.

I have no idea what your dopey Star Wars references mean.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

Im sure the black masons advocate slavery right? That statement is ridiculous. Masons do not advocate slavery. You forget slavery was part of society before 1865. So everyone involved in society before 1865 condoned slavery because it was legal right? Wrong.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Religion means cultural traditions nothing else, i made a strong remark with that word.

Stop being purposefully obtuse, you knew I meant organized religion; Christianity, Judaism, Islam, etc.

Lets do it this way; You hate organized religion, but have no problem with exploiting its benefits ass long as you can portray yourself as decent and that follows the ideals of a what being a human is about the same virtues a king/queen/deity must withhold. Is it about a commoner has the chance to wear a kings robe if he can succeed with withholding the latin rules, lets simplify it 10 commandments ?

Difference is, your numbers are 6m.
Organized religion has/are over a billion in each branch, even atheism has a 1b figure. Its whole nations, not a tiny fraction of a city.

It references an event in 926AD regarding the Masons general assembly and constitutions.

The City of York, in the North of England, is celebrated for its traditional connection with Freemasonry in that kingdom. No topic in the history of Freemasonry has so much engaged the attention of modern Masonic Scholars, or given occasion to more discussion, than the alleged facts of the existence of Freemasonry in the tenth century at the City of York as a prominent point, of the calling of a Congregation of the Craft there in the year 926, of the organization of a General Assembly and the adoption of a Constitution.

Called the York Legend..

The word legend means the same thing as religion; Fabula, traditio, traditus. A nonhistorical or unverifiable story handed down by tradition from earlier times and popularly accepted as historical..

The story of Moses, he was a born in both worlds yet in the end choose to be a prophet.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Lets do it this way; You hate organized religion,

I thought AugustusMasonicus said he didn't like organised religion, not hate. There's a big difference.

If you're going to try to smear people, at least make sure the quote you're wrongly quoting isn't 1 page back

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   

but have no problem with exploiting its benefits...

Detail what 'benefits' I derive from organized religion.

Difference is, your numbers are 6m.
Organized religion has/are over a billion in each branch, even atheism has a 1b figure. Its whole nations, not a tiny fraction of a city.

Who cares? I did not join Masonry because it was a membership competition.

The word legend...

The 'legend' of the Regius Poem has more basis in reality than made up theories about the Templars and the Masons merging in the 14th century which has ZERO historical supporting evidence.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Society, somehow i dont think nomadic warlords made a excellent dogma of survival.

You still havent laid any evidence. Im a Swede and a Kale. There is no supporting evidence, only evidence that exist, The same time the Gypsies made a run, The masons came along, and the most amazing thing, with the same practice and knowledge as the Gypsies? Isnt that amazing? Must be a coincidence? Even the Roslyn Castle, surely a coincidence?
The Roslyn chapel was even built at the same time, as the Gypsies stayed at the two towers in the Castle, named Robin Hood and Little John.

Everything is a coincidence!!

But you probably have another story? Egypt? Edda?

I can read most scandinavian languages old and new, and boy oh boy, i can interpret symbolics also comes with having parts of the kale ( Gypsies ) family being illiterate. If you wonder why they didnt write down anything in books.....................

When i put 1 + 1 i get 2.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Society, somehow i dont think nomadic warlords made a excellent dogma of survival.

So society owes is existence to organized religion? Your knowledge of anthropology is pretty crappy.

You still havent laid any evidence.

The Regius Poem is more evidence than any made up theory.

Im a Swede and a Kale.

Who cares?

The masons came along, and the most amazing thing, with the same practice and knowledge as the Gypsies?

Which was?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Templars and the Masons merging in the 14th century which has ZERO historical supporting evidence.

If they didn't merge why are so many Masonic orders using names that directly derive from Templars?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0hlord
If they didn't merge why are so many Masonic orders using names that directly derive from Templars?

Because at one time, in the 1800's, there was a mistaken belief that the Templars and Masons were related. There is no historical evidence suggesting they were.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: 0hlord
The Catholic Church didn't denounce Freemasonry until 1738.

a reply to: rajas
We're on different sides of the US.

a reply to: 0hlord
Because in the 1700s and 1800s there was an explosion of new Masonic orders and they were attempting to give their new order some pedigree to bring in a higher class of new members. It all started with Ramsay's Oration: www.travelingtemplar.com...

Stephen Dafoe, Past Grand Historian of the Sovereign Grand Priory of Canada, wrote a book debunking many of the Templar-Masonic myths, many of them started by Masons themselves.

The Knights Templar in the York Rite doesn't claim any lineage or connection to the medieval order. We take the name "Knights Templar" in commemoration only.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Gypsies were known for their skill as metalworkers, tinsmiths, woodworkers, carpenters, architects, blacksmiths, horse traders and trainers, medicine and in associated occupations.

One question are you gonna claim that Freemasonry didnt arise from the Roma heritage? An honest answer, will you claim Freemasonry and the gypsies has nothing to do with each other?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Gypsies were known for their skill as metalworkers, tinsmiths, woodworkers, carpenters, architects, blacksmiths, horse traders and trainers, medicine and in associated occupations.

Being that they did not have a monopoly on these skills, who cares?

One question are you gonna claim that Freemasonry didnt arise from the Roma heritage? An honest answer, will you claim Freemasonry and the gypsies has nothing to do with each other?

They most likely do not.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: KSigMason

They most likely do not.

Do you make the same claim?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Then i see no difference between the KKK and the freemasonry, when you claim something to your own, doesnt matter what..
You also erase the past, cause its inconvenient, who wants to be connected to filthy beggars slaves or anything in between..

Since you live in a world of magic and make believe, perhaps its better to say.. Freemasonry has shown quite clear it has outlived its ways..Only thing you hold dear is keeping that dime in your pocket.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Then i see no difference between the KKK and the freemasonry, when you claim something to your own, doesnt matter what..

Good for you then. Your opinion is, however, rather irrelevant.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

In the real world yes

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

In the real world yes

Which is where most of us tend to operate.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Coming from a freemason
oh the irony

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Coming from a freemason
oh the irony

I think the definition of irony is lost upon you.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join