It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasons – A Disgrace to Humanity

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: 0hlord

Everyone will trick you, everyone places a facade of good will. Freemasonry has a purpose of intent, not giving someone a meaning.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: rajas

That's true... I think...

But becoming a better person does give meaning to a certain -no pun intended- degree...
Assuming that's really all that "Freemasonry" is about... (Which I don't believe it is).

It's other purpose and intent could be as an Anglican Knights Templar... To champion and defend "Anglican" / spiritually libertarian values as opposed to the rigid spiritually austere and oppressive Roman Catholic values.

Hmmm

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0hlord

It's other purpose and intent could be as an Anglican Knights Templar... To champion and defend "Anglican" / spiritually libertarian values as opposed to the rigid spiritually austere and oppressive Roman Catholic values.

Uh, no. We do not pick and support one religion over another.

Some of us, as a matter of fact, do not like any organized religion.

edit on 30-11-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer so I am going to harvest his liver

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

just purely coincidental in your opinion then that it emerged in England at around the time of the Reformation, when the Knights Templar had just fled to England from France to escape persecution, and that it is said to have come from "Stone Masons, who travelled around Europe building Cathedrals, much like the Templars.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Most of you despise organized religion, do you have a better option? Im all ears.
Freemasonry did the same thing as all organized religions done in the past and will do in the future, you oppose the one that doesnt suit your needs, the purpose is a completly egoistic one..
We all have the same boss, doesnt mean you have to like him..

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0hlord
just purely coincidental in your opinion then that it emerged in England at around the time of the Reformation, when the Knights Templar had just fled to England from France to escape persecution, and that it is said to have come from "Stone Masons, who travelled around Europe building Cathedrals, much like the Templars.

Masonry predates the Templars by about 300 years as evidenced by the Regius Poem.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: rajas

Most of you despise organized religion...

Not true, most Masons I know are active members of their respective religion.

...do you have a better option? Im all ears.

Hear is the thing. As long as you do not mess around in my life I do not care what you personal religious or spiritual choices are. I just personally do not like organized religion.

Freemasonry did the same thing as all organized religions done in the past and will do in the future, you oppose the one that doesnt suit your needs, the purpose is a completly egoistic one..

Okay, which one do we supposedly support and which one do we not?

We all have the same boss, doesnt mean you have to like him..

God is not religion.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Regius Poem
Was written between 1350 and 1450 A.D. with the preponderance of authority dating it at about 1390

Knights templar active 1119–1312

Whatever cocktail of a story you lay after doesnt really matter.. Ever heard about the gypsies? Somehow their lifestory and your fantasy somehow get mixed doesnt it?

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Religion means cultural traditions nothing else, i made a strong remark with that word.
edit on 20153011 by rajas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: rajas

The time of the crusades.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I think he is refering to the poetic edda, which had nothing to do with freemasonry, its just a mythology story from the east.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

i hope you and ksigmason are at the same lodge, if not, if you got a sith in there.. he would break it into tiny pieces.. A sithlord, he would, i dont even want to think about it.. Go to your jedi master, padawan..

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Freemasonry became something else at around the time of the Reformation in England that I am sure of,

What has happened since I don't know for sure, but I get a feeling once the knights Templar / Freemasons found allegieñce with the Crown, there was no looking back and those three combined to make the Anglican church the religion of one of the most powerful and largest Empires in history, the British (Anglican) Empire.
edit on 30-11-2015 by 0hlord because: (no reason given)

I am open to the idea that Im completely wrong, but I would be surprised given Catholic churches stance in free!asonry that began around the time of the Reformation (coincidentally? I doubt it)..
edit on 30-11-2015 by 0hlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

And their link to Native americans.. ( Theoretical now ( Conspiracy )) goes to Egypt and the traderoute between..

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Dont forget the Renaissance, amazing "inventions" originated in Egypt

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lora73
I understand what you say but to me there is no logic that something that you respect you throw on the floor. Can you put a national flag on the floor?

To start, nothing is "thrown" on the floor. The symbols you see, or the CIA seal depicted are carefully thought out. Time is taken to carve, mark, engrave, or embed them in some other fashion as a sign of respect - not disrespect.

I think you're overthinking the meaning of walking over something, as though it *must* be a sign of disrespect. It isn't.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Freemasons are not bad guys. Its a fraternity for men. George Washington and most of the founding fathers in the states were masons as were the men who made the Texas Republic. Washington fought against King George. Both were masons. Back in the day males joined the organization because it was about being upstanding men and taking an active role in the community. Masons made the Shriner hospitals after WWI due to all the burn victims. Without the Shriner hospitals burn reasearch wouldnt have come as far as it has. They give money to charities and childrens hospitals all over the world and treat children for free. Thats pretty evil isnt it? Are all greek fraternities at every campus in the world evil? Are they all conspiring together? Masons are individuals each accountable for their own actions. Being a mason is being in a club. Thats it. They do help each other out but if you are not a good person you can be blackballed and cast out which is where that phrase came from. Masons study history and religion and have symbols they consider sacred. You dont have to be "Elite" to be a mason. All you have to do is ask to be a member of a lodge. They do background checks on you and people with criminal records are refused. They will meet with you and decide what type of person you are. Most masons I know are church going christians but what religion you worship doesnt matter only that you believe in god. Are masons tesponsible for things good and bad in history? Yes. French revolution, American revolution, Texas revolution. Other things. But those actions were brought about to change governments they thought were corrupt or oppressive. There is no evil conspiracy. I hear stories about mason conspiracies all the time but they dont sit in their lodges and talk politics they talk about things they can do for the community. I have been to the lodge dinners and they give the extra food to the homeless. Does that sound evil?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   
If your looking for true evil look up the world bank. They cause most of the problems in the world by keeping everyone in a slave debt society. They bankrupt countries and impose sanctions on them to use them and abuse them. That is where evil lies buddy . Its not masons its the corporate industrial magnates that want to make a profit without care of the world or the people in it.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   
The Titanic hit an iceberg and sunk due to the fact it was foggy and they didnt see it in time. To blame that on masons is ridiculous. Like saying the masons made the sky blue with their evil fairy dust. Get a grip.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: rajas
Was written between 1350 and 1450 A.D. with the preponderance of authority dating it at about 1390

It references an event in 926AD regarding the Masons general assembly and constitutions.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join