It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasons – A Disgrace to Humanity

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
After my post [in which I made clear that I am a noob to this], I learned some more, yet it doesn't satisfy me.

I knew that the 'cut throat gesture' was more symbolic...BUT...apparently you just get expelled for spilling the beans?

If that was true, then these things make me wonder:

- There must have been many people spilling the beans on the secrets, yet none [apart from the hand shakes, which are commonly known anyway] are to be found on the internet. Why? Everything gets shared quickly. If an 'expelled' FM told me the secret, I would put it up on the net before he could finish his sentence.

- Maybe the spilled beans are just too unimportant? Then why make such a bloody fuss about them in the first place?

Ever seen a freemason make a big fuss over our secrets? me neither. It's because they aren't anything earth shattering. Be a better man, treat others like you like to be treated, be trustworthy and understand that when someone confides their secrets with you, they TRUST that you will keep them, and not blab all over town. Other than that, what do you want to know?

- Apparently anyone can join and pay £100 if they believe in a higher being? Why then are all the masons I know rich business people? I have yet to meet a Mc Donald employee amongst their ranks. Something doesn't add up.

You must not get out much. Go to any lodge, any REAL lodge and ask about the members occupations. Most are regular folks. Just like you and your peers.

- Why, if everything is so normal and unimportant and mediocre and for everyone, are there so many important buildings and whole areas build up with masonic architecture? Normal developers can't do this. Imagine some Joe Bloggs Architect coming along and saying he wants to design the city district where all important decisions are made. Yeah, wouldn't happen. Yet the Masons somehow have managed just that. Tell me again how they are just like 'you and me'.

They are just like you and me. Masonic lodges are built by ther members of that lodge. They raise the funds, and maintain the structure. We own out building, it's not a castle, but it's nice. And there is a square and compass above the door. //cue scary music//

- If there are no secrets that can't be told, why swear on oath, why make such a fuss with all the ranks and all that malarkey? If that was true, it would make FM look like clowns and all the rituals would be extremely ridiculous.

Unless you actually did them and understood why you did them. Then they would be hugely meaningful and might set you on a path to becoming a better person.

How could I believe anything a 'so called' Free Mason tells me here on ATS?

First off you could be of the lowest rank and have no clue about the rest yourself.
Or if you are a Master who is sworn to secrecy, you would obviously say that there is nothing much to it!

So, please explain the above. I am really interested in this.

You don't have to believe anything. But trusting some random internet site is kind of ignorant too. I wasn't sure who to believe so I joined. But then I really wanted to know the truth. Do you?

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Hi, without asking how they're conducted or what you do I'm curious as to how the rituals are beneficial to your growth in tangible terms?

Wanting to be a better person is a noble thing and I can understand the desire to be around people who think similarly and try to attain that; but aren't these experiences and goals that a person can just gain through their own determination with less effort and ceremony?

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I wonder if there is any evil at play in freemasonry

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
My father recently passed away who was a freemason and always got a kick out of people thinking he was part of some grand conspiracy of old farts trying to take over the world. He was the most honest and good person anybody could ever meet, certainly far above calling anybody a disgrace to anything, let alone painting thousands of individuals with a single stroke.

I don't have any love for the masonic, I was told in no uncertain terms I may not join because I believed in no higher power, and that made me some sort of amoral creature. So don't think I'm going around tooting their horn, because I'm not.

I think their ceremony and dress to be ridiculous, and I don't think having somebody with their hands around my neck to initiate me is an ok thing either. The point I'm trying to make is that at least some of these people who are freemason have no knowledge of, nor desire to be any sort of geopolitical pawn.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I am not a mason. I know as little about masonry as all the other non masons here, but to me the unbridled paranoia surrounding them represents one of the worst qualities of people. We're supposed to be a nation of laws, innocent until proven guilty, where it requires more than circumstantial evidence to convict, and to be perfectly honest, the evidence against masons doesn't even reach the level of circumstantial.

Could some of them be involved in a conspiracy? Yes. Could that black man walking down the street be a criminal? Yes. Could that white guy be a bigot? Yes. Could that Arab be a radical? Yes. However, assuming any of those makes you a dick.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015

Hi, without asking how they're conducted or what you do I'm curious as to how the rituals are beneficial to your growth in tangible terms?

Wanting to be a better person is a noble thing and I can understand the desire to be around people who think similarly and try to attain that; but aren't these experiences and goals that a person can just gain through their own determination with less effort and ceremony?

There are many ways to learn the lessons taught in masonry. The Rituals just happen to be one of them. The candidate is part of a play and goes through many things that at the time seem odd, but when explained, teach the lesson in a way that you remember actions and associate that with knowledge and feelings. I will say that if you go through the degrees and never step into a lodge, you likely won't learn much. You need to experience you own journey, then help others on theirs to fully grasp the messages.

You spend a lot of time with some members of the lodge and have an opportunity to make some incredible friendships. I think you get to see people at their best and when you do that with good people, it's quite remarkable to be a part of it.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   

the latin rules or lesser keys?

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
We need an elite to control the peasants or the peasants will rebel.

-> If we didn't have some sort of control over the masses, why would they bother do stuff for the greater good of mankind, instead of having the best for themselves?

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
But the higher power that members believe in can be satan too. So plain and simple as the Bible says, what is not of Christ, is of the anti Christ. So freemasonry, not being of Christ, is of the anti Christ
a reply to: hombero

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Nochzwei
Except Satan is a creation of another being and therefore wouldn't be a supreme being.

Freemasonry is not the anti-Christ. That's an ignorant attempt to libel and label Freemasonry.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: KSigMason
a reply to: Nochzwei
Except Satan is a creation of another being and therefore wouldn't be a supreme being.

Freemasonry is not the anti-Christ. That's an ignorant attempt to libel and label Freemasonry.

I have to ask a few questions to a mason.

1. If masonry is not a religion why do you have to believe in a God?

2. Why does masonry teach there are numerous ways to get to heaven?

3. What's the point of doing background checks of potential candidate masons if some end up being corrupt or intertwined in unethical practices?

4. How can you be a christian and a mason if the bible clearly states to be done with tradition of men?

5. Why don't you hear of masons being incarcerated or institutionalized? Are masons immune to mental disorders?

I will leave it at there for now.
edit on 29-11-2015 by Dylan86 because: Grammar.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

You don't seem to know much about the circumstances of the sinking of the Titanic by the way. The Californian did stand by and watch the rockets without doing a damn thing. The Captain seems to have been a sociopath. That said, the only reason why they were able to see the rockets was because the night was so cold and still. And even if Captain Lord had woken up his wireless operator and then moved towards the ship on the horizon, by the time she could have gotten there, Titanic would have sunk anyway.
That said, the fact that the man didn't even try damned him in the eyes of every sensible sailor. He ignored distress rockets.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nochzwei
But the higher power that members believe in can be satan too. So plain and simple as the Bible says, what is not of Christ, is of the anti Christ. So freemasonry, not being of Christ, is of the anti Christ
a reply to: hombero

Did Satan create the Universe? If not, then he isn't the Great Architect of the Universe, or theistic entity that Masons must believe in.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Freemasonry was developed simply as a way for men to get away from their wives for awhile, no more no less. Don't overthink it.

They developed their secrecy and goofy rituals, as their raisin d'être. They couldn't just sit around drinking all the time, cuz if they did, the wives would get suspicious, and put an end to it.

Because of their inherent anti-Christian mantras (that only their grand poobahs with the most garish hats are aware of), Catholics were not allowed to join in the fun and games...so was born The Knights of Columbus. The Knights, another group formed, for men to basically have a place to go to get away from their wives for awhile. And yes, their grand poobahs wear funny hats too.

I joined a golf league. No funny hats, funny pants instead. And it gets me away from the wife for a few hours. Bottoms up boys!!

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ignatian

Freemasonry was developed simply as a way for men to get away from their wives for awhile, no more no less. Don't overthink it.

They developed their secrecy and goofy rituals, as their raisin d'être. They couldn't just sit around drinking all the time, cuz if they did, the wives would get suspicious, and put an end to it.

Because of their inherent anti-Christian mantras (that only their grand poobahs with the most garish hats are aware of), Catholics were not allowed to join in the fun and games...so was born The Knights of Columbus. The Knights, another group formed, for men to basically have a place to go to get away from their wives for awhile. And yes, their grand poobahs wear funny hats too.

I joined a golf league. No funny hats, funny pants instead. And it gets me away from the wife for a few hours. Bottoms up boys!!

It always amuses me when someone who is not a mason tells me all about masonry.
At least I can say thanks for not claiming we are satanic or something, but it sounds like you have little to no idea what it's about.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Actually the "distress rockets" were the wrong colour.

Someone changed them from red to white.
edit on 29-11-2015 by 0hlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Jesuit and a freemason this is gonna get good, *Popcorn* Just to make it messy you both copied my ancestors, now continue..

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Ya, ya, ya.....I gotcha *wink*

Don't worry, I won't tell her. *wink*

"Ok boys!, NEXT on the agenda; our dying membership, what do we do!?.....wait a sec, before we start, how bout another round, aye!!?"

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0hlord
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Actually the "distress rockets" were the wrong colour.

Someone changed them from red to white.

Not true, sorry. Distress rockets in 1912 were white. The Titanic used white rockets. The Californian saw white rockets.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
A freemason, A Jesuit...and a frog; walk into a bar....

Have you heard this one? *Motioning wildly* Bartender!!, get this man a drink!!"....

The bartender says..."Hey!, who let the....."

Have you heard it? Seriously, stop me if you have, cuz I'm HORRRible telling jokes! I'll butcher it....*burp*

....so the bartender says..."umm, who let..." Umm, wait , uhhh, *hiccup* where were we?

a reply to: rajas

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join