It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Scientist Claims - Earth Is Surrounded By Strings of Dark Matter

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   
He doesnt 'claim; this he 'proposes' it.

Its just an idea.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

That or we are living on the Eye of Horus.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

Dark matter lensing a galaxy around a galaxy cluster. The dark matter (or whatever is causing the effects of dark matter) in the cluster is what is doing most of the light bending, the matter in the galaxies that we can see there are only a fraction of mass.
dropcanvas.com...
Something is causing that, whether it turns out to be "dark matter" as it is conventionally thought of or not. Dark matter is the current leading theory. You are assigning emotional motives where there are none.
edit on 25-11-2015 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

you had me, then u lost me at NASA

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   
The dark side surrounds us.. damnit that's why we see all the terror in the world...

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

the evidence is there in the maths do you think they just take stabs in the dark at it , they are sitting crunching data and using maths to prove these things exist.

Only thing is the maths is so complex its hard for the layman to grasp

I understand the theoretical side of these things and how they possibly could exist but if you were to put the maths in front of me id be dumbfounded as to what it actually means

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

originally posted by: Realtruth

I'm thinking this whole 'dark matter' stuff is an Occam's Razor violating desperate theory meant to correct erroneous theory/understanding!
Magical 'stuff' filling the darkness of our ignorance!
The theory will, over time, join 'Forms' and other desperate attempts to fill the darkness/ignorance with ANYTHING that can 'satisfy' for a moment!

'Dark matter' seems no different than "Goddidit"!

occams razor is the choice of the best explanation using the following "razor" :
the explanation that uses the least amount of assumptions with the most amount of evidence.

continual research and exploration yields more evidence, re printing a single book does not.

also, evidence does not equal proof, hence why the word theory is used. the theory changes as more evidence is found

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: anotheramethyst
a reply to: Gothmog

no. everything we know and understand (matter, energy, antimatter) makes up 5% of the universe. 27% is dark matter, or something we have never seen before and don't understand at all but kinda sorta behaves like matter. the rest, 68% of the universe, is dark energy, something we have never seen before and know nothing about that seems to behave kinda like energy.

i'm skeptical about some of the cutting edge physics, i think it's possible dark matter and dark energy don't exist and they were postulated to fill gaps in our current theories because we're actually wrong about something else. i think physics is on the verge of some major breakthroughs and we will think very differently about the universe very soon, and then we'll spend another 50 years sorting through all these types of theories and fitting them back together. i could be wrong though

Why do we need theories when the actual answers could be so much easier to find.

When are the chains going to be broken so the answers can come in literally *seconds*.

So SO much time has been wasted in these theories, it almost cannot compute.

But then again, what do you expect from a group of who have engineered the game to be this way from the start.

It is hard to believe anyone believes in evolution theories the way they are presented are even remotely near the truth,

And if things DO change super fast, which new *facts* do we need to accept as factual theories ??

No matter what anyone says, these theories are BORING.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Perhaps this 'Darkness' is both a matter and an energy.

I suggest a dark double slit experiment.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrMasterMinder
He doesnt 'claim; this he 'proposes' it.

Its just an idea.

Claims and proposal are the same difference in formal logic, and argumentation.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   

i disagree :

to propose is to suggest - the matter is open to debate

to claim is to assert with strength - it's not questionable.

forum.wordreference.com...

edit on 28-11-2015 by MrMasterMinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

So dark matter is stringy like a neural network or a root system... very interesting. I suppose that's why entanglement is called "entanglement" because of the "hair" simile. I suppose that dark matter is also like a light beam but cold, as it appears to fill the space at the intervals that separate stars, planets and other physical matter. If dark matter is cold then it could in theory be accessed with quantum technology, as quantum technology requires very cold CPU processing to function. You see, it is all connected. Personally, I enjoy the sunny side and am fine with the sun.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
What they call dark matter is the result of harmonic distortions at the intersection of Elohim time and Image time. Matter forms in a similar way at the intersection of Elohim light and Image light. To date contemporary 'science' has only identified one plane of one type of time and one plane of one type of light. There are two of each, the planes being angle and distance, the types being 'positive' and 'negative' (not accurate terms).

This picture shows the dark matter 'strings' formed where the curves intersect and interact.

Because 'science' hasn't grasped the true nature of light and time, it has ended up with all these odd theories to try and compensate. They are getting whackier and even more difficult to get one's head around. There really isn't the need. Maybe this dark matter thing will lead them to realising time isn't linear.

(I learned a different 'science'.)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Davood

originally posted by: Realtruth

I'm thinking this whole 'dark matter' stuff is an Occam's Razor violating desperate theory meant to correct erroneous theory/understanding!
The theory will, over time, join 'Forms' and other desperate attempts to fill the darkness/ignorance with ANYTHING that can 'satisfy' for a moment!

'Dark matter' seems no different than "Goddidit"!

occams razor is the choice of the best explanation using the following "razor" :
the explanation that uses the least amount of assumptions with the most amount of evidence.

Yeah, I know what it means, that is why I used it as I did.
Thanks anyway.

continual research and exploration yields more evidence, re printing a single book does not.

More of the obvious obvious, except that I never mentioned about reprinting any books.

also, evidence does not equal proof,

I never implied that it did!
What are you arguing?

hence why the word theory is used.

Which is why I used it.
This is getting tedious...

the theory changes as more evidence is found

Maybe! OR, the 'theory' is discarded completely, which is where I foresee 'dark matter' going!
Time will tell. *__-

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ngchunter

Dark matter lensing a galaxy around a galaxy cluster. The dark matter (or whatever is causing the effects of dark matter) in the cluster is what is doing most of the light bending, the matter in the galaxies that we can see there are only a fraction of mass.
dropcanvas.com...
Something is causing that, whether it turns out to be "dark matter" as it is conventionally thought of or not. Dark matter is the current leading theory. You are assigning emotional motives where there are none.

The 'emotional motives' are there.
There is an 'anomaly', there is theorized all sorts of invisible 'matter', and on and on!
The evidence is micro-miniscule, and unconvincing.
Wrong theories to explain wrong theories to explain false assumptions abound! Some quite popular!
And grants must be kept coming, they gotta come up with something, anything even slightly plausible, to that end.
Don't mistake the human for a rational creature!
Even in the lab! (See; all the science frauds and hoaxes, as evidence!)
edit on 30-11-2015 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

I don't totally disagree with you. It works as a model, but if we can't find a way to detect it, then eventually it's going to be a sort of 'black body radiation' issue.

If it actually forms in 'hairs', and I'm not sure how they're proving it is, then dark matter interacts with itself somehow. The lit would have you believe that this comes strictly from simulations. In which case dark matter hairs might be nothing more than a math pack error.

(Love your avatar! *__- )
I'm willing to wait for time to sort it out! I have the time! *__-
I just see lots of crap theories to explain crap theories used to explain erroneous assumptions! *__-
Lots of mental masturbation, at best.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

dropcanvas.com...

No, they are not.

Now you're just handwaving desperately and slandering nearly every modern astronomer out there. Yes, there are legitimate frauds. This is not one of them. How dare you.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Just out of idle curiosity, do they drug test NASA scientists?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   

dropcanvas.com...

No, they are not.

Now you're just handwaving desperately and slandering nearly every modern astronomer out there. Yes, there are legitimate frauds. This is not one of them. How dare you.

I think that the lack of vision is yours.
I think that you are not particularly up on human psychology, and that I just, inadvertently, stepped on a 'belief'.
There is so absolutely much 'subjectivity' in the most strictly anally retentive conservative republikkkan scientist 'out there', that personal Perspective and perceptions and thoughts and feelings and emotions are always involved.
Which is why you reacted in such a way.
You obviously 'believe' yourself a 'rational, logical' Person.
And I'm sure that you are, also.
But not enough to refute my proposition.

And "no, they are not" is not a refutation of anything, 'rationally, logically, philosophically, speaking!

I don't recall calling anyone a fraud. I just used that as a tiny reference for research into a validation of what I suggest.
That you, YOU, take such offense (an emotional response, btw), merely proves my point. *__-

edit on 1-12-2015 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   
This is truly unbelievable.

From the Source.

Neither dark matter nor dark energy has ever been directly detected
I'm guessing that they never will be detected either.

According to calculations done in the 1990s
It appears that with the right numbers anything can be calculated.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join