It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sat pics show unexplained objects/triangles at AF base

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serum39
Remember, if we can see it, so can other nations/countries. With that being said, would you (acting as our gov) place anything "top secret" in such plain sight and subject to speculation?

Just a thought.

No... I would build a giant structure that could wrap over the thing I wanted to keep secret.

While looking for pics of that radar cross section test range Gaz mentioned, I learned that the Luftwaffe (germany's air force) keeps a military presence at Holloman. That should explain the unidentified aircraft another member pointed out before: They're Tornado's... which none f us thought of at first sight because we didn't expect to see them at an US AFB.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Just an FYI, the Holloman AFB site seems to be undergoing some MAJOR reconstruction, and hardly anything works on it...so I'd use some other sources...

No... I would build a giant structure that could wrap over the thing I wanted to keep secret.

Would make it pretty hard to test radar I'd imagine though...

[edit on 5-1-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I dont see it...

We arent tlaking about that black mass are we?

If so that could be anything.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Sorry this sat blank for a while, I hit the post button too quickly before.

Originally posted by JoeDoaks
For something 'weird' not too far off, check out terraserver.microsoft.com...[/url]

Use + and � to get a feel for the immensity of this. The opening link will show you an aircraft in the upper left of the screen. How long is this? 3 km?

This is due east of Elephant Butte Reservoir on the east side of some rather high mountains so that any view from the west is blocked. Everything to the east is part of White Sands Missile Range/Holloman bombing range. Notice the latitude is 33- some claim that this latitude has some strange meanings attached to it.

That thing is HUGE... if I had to hazard a guess, it's an entrance to a huge underground complex, capable of landing planes in, driving tank batalions through, perhaps even an exit/entrance for an underground highway to NORAD.

Anyway, upon re-reading your message it explains a lot of this. Still, exploring White Sands, without knowing it was White Sands was pretty fun.

I found some really cool stuff once I zoomed out, because I saw these big circles in the landscape. I saved some of the pictures to make it easier to display them, but they are all re-findable in the area I link to. Among the things I found at this location were:

An little outpost with what looks like a hangar, in the middle.

One of the strangest looking trees I've ever seen, in the middle of a gigantic, flat circle.

My personal favorite is finding what appears to be Batman! Somehow, it makes sense.

Travelling south a ways we find the true creme de la creme...
what appears to be some missile silos.

And purely by accident, even further south I found.
some kind of big artificial hole in the ground...

[edit on 1/5/2005 by thelibra]

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
to me its look a bit transparently or like a big carpet laid on the ground cause when you look closely dose'nt you see that the color of it is'nt plain like the oder building and when you look at the patern on the ground they seem to be a continuity on the ''triangular building''

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
How's This for wierd + it has parts blocked out !!!!!!

[edit on 5-1-2005 by timb3r]

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
The object look to irregular to be aircraft but they are a bit odd, a tent is possible...

it could also be excevated holes for some sort of weapons testing? I dunno.

Scorch marks are possible too...

Good find!

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by timb3r

timbr3r...

Holy shazbot... what the hell is that? I can't even begin to guess.

BTW, Gaz, I haven't said that I think the thing is actually a radar testing site. Isn't it up to you to show us picture of what such a site would look like? I looked at the poorly maintained Holloman website and couldn't find any images of the range you mentioned... so, until you can provide pics, your radar cross-section range theory has yet to be proven.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 12:16 AM
link   
timb3r:

those cirlces look very strange indeed! pictures of crops circles are one thing, but are there even farms in the area?

could those forms be the result of irrigation, or salt production and harvest?

i think crop cirlces are the coolest thingever, could these be ET as well?

btw, radar site sounds like it fits in with the black triangles but.... if i were to disguse anything out there in plain view, i'd make it look like something else. that way you can tell anyone straight to their face and expect little rebuttle.

funstuff

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   
those pictures from Terra Server are not crop circles per-se...large farms are now planting their crops in circular formations because a new watering process. A large line of sprinklers/irrigators are put on wheels...these things can extend pretty far from the center of these crops...it slowly rotates watering every crop equally. You can find pictures of them in National Geographic and I'm sure google has some info.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 12:58 AM
link   

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but those are circular irrigation tracks. Take a closer look.

Also, none of these pictures from TerraServer are satellite photographs, they all were taken with a retired U2 camera from the air by the USGS. More info is available here under the section DOQs.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Ok, so we know that a retired U2 spyplane took these shots. Not a big surprise but good to learn, the U2 served our intelligence community well for many years.

Are we aware whether the photos are in black & white or infrared light?

Another hypothesis is that this could be some type of holographic camoflauge. I know it sounds bizarre, however, I found this US Air Force "2025" paper:

Holographic image projection, cloaking devices, and multispectral camouflage will provide enhanced military deception capability, but the most promising technology is the creation of synthetic environments that an adversary thinks are real.

One of the most innovative methods for psychological operations to influence a target is to use holographic image projection with messages conveying the desired effect. The electronic warfare battlefield of the future will include dynamic high-speed neural processors, autonomous adaptive processing systems, and precision-guided cyber munitions that launch information attack weapons into an adversary's system. Trusted systems, trusted software agents, and secure communications provide promising means of protection against information attacks.

www.au.af.mil...

Does anyone have any personal, professional knowledge of the current state of holographic technology?

Is anyone aware of the gap between the current state of military technology as compared to that of civilian technology?

MK

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MKULTRA

Ok, so we know that a retired U2 spyplane took these shots.

Just the camera.

Are we aware whether the photos are in black & white or infrared light?

I don't believe they ever used infrared. The U2 camera they were using was a film based camera. Infrared film was probably too costly for the project.

[edit on 6-1-2005 by Seth76]

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 03:08 AM
link   
take a second please and look carefuly
don't anybody see that it have the transparency of mosquito net
Even with ''microsoft Paint'' 8X close-up you can see it

am I crazy or what

yeah i'm still talking about what we were talking at the beginning

[edit on 6-1-2005 by michboisnard]

[edit on 6-1-2005 by michboisnard]

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

The 8900-foot paved shadow range has two separate radar systems covering 120 MHz to 18 GHz with spot frequency coverage at 35 GHz. The retractable pylon can handle targets weighing up to 30,000 pounds (66,000 kg).

I believe this is your answer. It's a radar signature testing pylon perhaps? The triangle in the center is likely the retractable pylon, surrounded by (as you surmised) paving. (hence no shadow)

[edit on 5-1-2005 by Gazrok]

I think that would be the long paved structure to the south of the base, some pics here to show the radar installation and the control center? Whatever it is, it looks tall enough to handle large missiles.. I thought it was odd that the pavement is SO black, but then it makes sense if they're testing new stealth aircraft - you couldn't photograph them against the black.

My take on the triangles is that it's a radio mast and the ground has been burned or treated with chemicals to keep the weeds down underneath it.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seth76

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but those are circular irrigation tracks. Take a closer look.

Also, none of these pictures from TerraServer are satellite photographs, they all were taken with a retired U2 camera from the air by the USGS. More info is available here under the section DOQs.

No wucking fay!!! how did they get them so perfectly round.. LOOK AT THE SIZE OF 'EM!!!! hehe

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   

I think that would be the long paved structure to the south of the base, some pics here to show the radar installation and the control center? Whatever it is, it looks tall enough to handle large missiles.. I thought it was odd that the pavement is SO black, but then it makes sense if they're testing new stealth aircraft - you couldn't photograph them against the black.

Yes, but I'm talking about the pylon, not the paved range. The plane is mounted on the pylon, and then turned various angles while the radar beams hit it and try to detect it. That's the whole reason that the load is stated for the pylon (basically a big pedestal for mounting the plane).

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Triangular object in broad daylight

Video info

This is the first clip of two that were presented on Sonora Sightings. This object was thought to be an airplane reflecting the light of the sun. But when observed, it was a triangular-shaped object with a light at each of the three corners. The cameraman was facing east and the object was observed heading south over the treetops. When viewed through the viewfinder of the Sony Camcorder, the object could not be seen. Only the lights could be observed.

Second clip of daylight triangle above

Triangular object and star

Video info

A shooting star was observed falling behind Lyons Bald Mountain to the North of our position. Shortly after, at 10:50 PM, an object was observed flying up from behind the mountain and was captured on video. This object appeared at first to have two lights. As it headed south, directly in front of the camera, another light appeared in a triangular formation with the other two lights. Object was captured on two Sony Camcorders, one Hi-8 and the other Digital. Object was videotaped for seven minutes.

Triangular object with red lights

Video info

At 10:14 PM, a triangular object with red lights was observed to the Northeast flying fast over the treeline. Object was heading North and flew over Lyons Bald Mountain. This object was farther from the witnesses than the three previous sightings of triangular objects. There was absolutely no aircraft noise associated with this object.

Another triangular object

Video info

This Triangular object with red and green lights was videotaped for about five minutes as it slowly cruised to the south. Cameraman was east of the object. This craft passed very close to a helicopter as it traveled.

All above video's and information taken from sonorasightings.com : Are these genuine?

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Interesting video shots, although I don't believe the "black triangles" to be craft of any sort, I tend to believe its discolouration of the ground.

Side Note: Why do most people who capture UFOs on video, seem to suffer from Parkinsons Disease?

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Koka

Side Note: Why do most people who capture UFOs on video, seem to suffer from Parkinsons Disease?

lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join