It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sat pics show unexplained objects/triangles at AF base

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   
just a quick thought --- all the way zoomed in the triangles look flat on the ground, but zoomed out a bit it really does look like three triangular panels rising up to join in the center; in other words, it may not be a flat anomaly but instead a tent-shaped one (albeit a large tent)... The directions of the shadows look incconsistent with this being a a tentlike shape unless it's tilted towards the camera somehow, however, like a big radar dish with triangular panels on it.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Gazrok, no more online answers that do not contribute to the topic, or I'll be forced to get someone bigger than you to issue a warn. A tent which is 250 Metres in girth would probably be called a Marquee as opposed to a tent.

1. It contributed to the topic, as I am helping to explain what it COULD be.

2. By all means, go ahead. For one thing, it'd be a One-Line point deduction, not a Warn. I hereby give SO or any admin/supermod full permission to take a triple point deduction for the one-liner. Of course, does it really take more than one line to say it's a tent?
Well, I can see now that the comment was tongue-in-cheek, and that I'M the one taking things too seriously, hehe....

3. Semantics, use whatever term you want...I've seen some HUGE military tents in my day, set up as temp buildings for just about every purpose you could think of. Think back to the attack on the tent in Iraq. Remember how big that tent was?

[edit on 5-1-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Don't see what all the fuss is, over a big tent...
That's what it looks like to me....

( a conditional) Yup, that sounds about right.

remember the artist called Christo?

he wrapped buildings in plastic, made a 'running fence', put plastic fabric around islands (making them appear larger in aerial photos)

ever see that netting at a super-center [garden & patio area]...it keeps the
direct sun off the plants & furniture...
i suspect the military has lots of stuff that can be stored in something other than a metal building...

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   
has anyone find the area 51 in the terra server??

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Many such areas would be "scrubbed" under the latest laws I'd imagine. Remember the furor over the ones of the White House roof, etc.? There are some pretty good recent pics of Area 51, showing increased roads, some new buildings and runways, and an enlargement of the residential area.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
see; this website is run by the NWO
lmao

im just half-joking but um

gazrok is trying to bust our conspiracy bubbles

lol

your an NSA agent arent you gazrok? were onto you now

btw awesome find !!
keep up the good investigation!!
rock on

[edit on 5-1-2005 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   

gazrok is trying to bust our conspiracy bubbles
lol

your an NSA agent arent you gazrok? were onto you now

Damn, and I thought I was being so subtle?...

Seriously, just calling it as I see it...

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   
can we find out the exact date/time of the satilite photos??

if so, than we can look up any UFO sightings reported on this exact date time elsewhere in the world;
and then find their exact location and take a look at the satilite photos of the area of the reported sightings

this may not work
but if it does we could find good evidence pointing towards the 'reality' of UFOS....

example "bob sees ufo at 3:15 pm at latitude X and longitude Y"
so we find a satilite photo of this area at around the same time...

if the sighting is true and we can get accurate date/time down
we Should have a satilite photo of a UFO....

difficult? Yes very
possible to work? yes

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
can we find out the exact date/time of the satilite photos??

if so, than we can look up any UFO sightings reported on this exact date time elsewhere in the world;
and then find their exact location and take a look at the satilite photos of the area of the reported sightings

this may not work
but if it does we could find good evidence pointing towards the 'reality' of UFOS....

example "bob sees ufo at 3:15 pm at latitude X and longitude Y"
so we find a satilite photo of this area at around the same time...

if the sighting is true and we can get accurate date/time down
we Should have a satilite photo of a UFO....

difficult? Yes very
possible to work? yes

Do you know someone who controls these satellites and can take pictures whenever they want?

Cos the chances of a shot being taken at the precise time of the event would, IMO, be highly improbable.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Gaz... well, so far two members have, independently, found two separate images of this Triangle anomaly that were taken at different times by different satellites. Why would the USAF erect a huge tent and leave it in place for several years?

And, even if it is a tent, aren't you the least bit curious as to why the USAF erected a giant (perhaps 250m to a side) tent in a very secure area of a base that has been historically assorted with UFO activity? One -- even someone who doesn't believe in giant, flying black triangles -- might jump to the conclusion that they were hiding something that was huge and mobile (and that couldn't fit in a hanger) if they believed that this was just a huge tent.

That all being said, I doubt that it is a tent. It would have to be about the size of a football stadium... plus the white triangle in the center would be the size of a normal building.

BTW, thanks go out to everyone who has analyzed the pic so far... and to those who have noticed other odd things at this base. BTW, you can't get area 51 up on terraserver (only the geological map).

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams

Gaz... well, so far two members have, independently, found two separate images of this Triangle anomaly that were taken at different times by different satellites. Why would the USAF erect a huge tent and leave it in place for several years?

And, even if it is a tent, aren't you the least bit curious as to why the USAF erected a giant (perhaps 250m to a side) tent in a very secure area of a base that has been historically assorted with UFO activity? One -- even someone who doesn't believe in giant, flying black triangles -- might jump to the conclusion that they were hiding something that was huge and mobile (and that couldn't fit in a hanger) if they believed that this was just a huge tent.

That all being said, I doubt that it is a tent. It would have to be about the size of a football stadium... plus the white triangle in the center would be the size of a normal building.

BTW, thanks go out to everyone who has analyzed the pic so far... and to those who have noticed other odd things at this base. BTW, you can't get area 51 up on terraserver (only the geological map).

And following up that line of thinking, the military wouldnt leave anything suspicious for that long time... That much in the open... And that big.

Anyone have any info about what the base is supposed to contain, buildingwise?

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Onlyinmydreams I would tend to agree with you if it weren't for the massive tent we have here in London.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
hey wait a second

why doesnt this "tent" have a shadow?

all the other buildings objects show a shadow

wouldnt a massive huge tent; be tall? and thus make a huge shadow??

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by merka

And following up that line of thinking, the military wouldnt leave anything suspicious for that long time... That much in the open... And that big.

Anyone have any info about what the base is supposed to contain, buildingwise?

It might have to keep such a thing up if it had no choice (due to technical issues). I mean... even submarines need pens and even stealth bombers need hangers. I'm not suggesting that the triangular cluster, itself, is some secret thing... my thinking is more along the lines that it is a landing pad or hanger for some secret thing (specifically the infamous black triangles of UFO lore). Let's say that you are the air force and, with the help of some ETs, you've built a small fleet of anti-gravity ships. They're large, football field sized things, and, when they approach the surface, they act a lot like blimps. Well... a conventional hanger just won't make do for such a craft. One way or the other you'd have to construct a special port of call for them.

And, you're right, they wouldn't leave a classified thing out in the open. My guess, though, is that this thing wouldn't be in action at day or when sats were overhead.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Koko,
That's a good point... but the Millenium dome (or whatver that thing is called) was built that way for artistic/architectural reasons. I don't think the USAF is concerned with PoMo Art styles.

Though I think that the idea of a tent is interesting (perhaps one designed to cover up a huge craft?)... as someone else pointed out... the thing doesn't have clear shadows. My initial impression was that this was a series of black tarmacs carved out into the desert that pointed to one white, solid object in the center... and I think I've gone back to that, Still... I wonder if it could be a giant hatch of some sort (as in the doorway the moon shuttle goes through in 2001: A space Odyssey).

Right now I'm looking at other AFBs to see if I can see the same thing.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   
If those are the flying trianles, this topic should probably be in the secret military projects. I think it is far-fetched those triangles are alien. Remember the stealth was built in the 70's we are now in 2004.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Some good questions would be, can this be seen from any civilian or non-classified area? Can it be seen from non-restricted flight zones? What about going to the base's homepage, perhaps some insight there?

I DON'T think they are flying triangles (have you ever seen any aircraft parked this way?), but a tarmac is feasible....

As to the tent, I've seen the military (and the public school system by the way) use "temporary" structures for years, as long as it gets the job done. It very well may be hiding something, who knows, but my money is still on some kind of tentlike structure....

EDIT: I think I've solved your mystery... This AFB is home to the Nighthawk. It's also used to test stealth and radar systems...

Quote from global security:

The 8900-foot paved shadow range has two separate radar systems covering 120 MHz to 18 GHz with spot frequency coverage at 35 GHz. The retractable pylon can handle targets weighing up to 30,000 pounds (66,000 kg).

I believe this is your answer. It's a radar signature testing pylon perhaps? The triangle in the center is likely the retractable pylon, surrounded by (as you surmised) paving. (hence no shadow)

[edit on 5-1-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Remember, if we can see it, so can other nations/countries. With that being said, would you (acting as our gov) place anything "top secret" in such plain sight and subject to speculation?

Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
What's top secret about a radar testing pylon? There really isn't much they'll learn from it. It's basically a big crane to hold the plane up... The partitions are probably radar absorbant though, to keep from interfering with the tests, but that's really speculation on my part.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serum39
Remember, if we can see it, so can other nations/countries. With that being said, would you (acting as our gov) place anything "top secret" in such plain sight and subject to speculation?

Just a thought.

No... I would build a giant structure that could wrap over the thing I wanted to keep secret.

While looking for pics of that radar cross section test range Gaz mentioned, I learned that the Luftwaffe (germany's air force) keeps a military presence at Holloman. That should explain the unidentified aircraft another member pointed out before: They're Tornado's... which none f us thought of at first sight because we didn't expect to see them at an US AFB.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join