It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ark of the Covenant in Axum

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
That would be terrible, although I'm not ruling it out, if in this day and age, even Ethiopian priests could put on such a scam. It seems possible nowadays more than ever. I agree that one should not need proof to believe in God, I have argued his existence to many a skeptic in my 18 years.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I read somewhere that the ark was for initiation purposes . It was said the cherubims were setup to produce some sort of flame or somesuch between them that only someone with advanced pyshic senses was able to percieve. You had to go through meditation and trials and the ark was the last step or something.

I also read somewhere that the ark itself was a battery or something like that. Over time it would charge and anyone touching it would recieve a shock. Whether any of it is true who knows but its interesting anyway.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by morgion
I read somewhere that the ark was for initiation purposes . It was said the cherubims were setup to produce some sort of flame or somesuch between them that only someone with advanced pyshic senses was able to percieve. You had to go through meditation and trials and the ark was the last step or something.

God appeared above the two cherubim and this area was known as the mercy seat. The Ark was said to be God's footstool on the Earth. Only true Jewish priests, the descendants of Aaron could handle the Ark and only on one day a year unless otherwise directed by God himself. Blood sacrifices for Yom Kippur or the Jewish Day of Atonement were sprinkled on the mercy seat for forgiveness of the sins of Israel. The Ark could project immense power and kill people who mishandled it, clear the path before the advancing Israelites, and also bring the blessing of God by properly respecting it. The power of the Ark is truly the power of God, not a power of the Ark itself though, no one can control God by controlling the Ark. And with Jesus, the Ark itself may be meaningless now since we have a new covenant with God and the Ark represents the old one.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
If you can't see god in everything than you can't see god in anything.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by morgion
I also read somewhere that the ark itself was a battery or something like that. Over time it would charge and anyone touching it would recieve a shock. Whether any of it is true who knows but its interesting anyway.

Capacitor I believe. The combo between [conductor|insulator|conductor]. The part I thought was facinating is the thought that the wings of the angels serves as static electricity attractors (like lightning rods) to charge the capacitor. Dry air tends to advocate static. Once touched *ZAP!*, total discarge. I don't know how much is true. I'm sure someone with more physics background could answer.

In any case, djohnsto77 made a good point to say this was part of the old covenant and Jesus is the new.

[edit on 11-1-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
Capacitor I believe. The combo between [conductor|insulator|conductor]. The part I thought was facinating is the thought that the wings of the angels serves as static electricity attractors (like lightning rods) to charge the capacitor. Dry air tends to advocate static. Once touched *ZAP!*, total discarge. I don't know how much is true. I'm sure someone with more physics background could answer.

In any case, djohnsto77 made a good point to say this was part of the old covenant and Jesus is the new.

The body of the Ark was completely covered in gold, so you wouldn't have that layered conductor/insulator/conductor effect needed for a capacitor. Even if there was an area of bare wood around the top, the lid was certainly pure gold and connect the gold on the inside and the gold on the outside, rendering it useless as a capacitor.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Fun theory nonetheless but am kinda glad it's not a human explanation. I also heard the Egyptians had the first battery with two clay pots with salt water, a zinc rod, copper wire and a another metal rod...shucks...what channel is Discovery on again? I need to stop watching these things late at night

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by slacker2788
Now, isn't it appalling that there haven't been
attempts to break into there?

Also, do you suppose their law about no one else
allowed in really applies to everybody? Would they
turn away the Pope himself

I don't think it's appalling that there haven't been
break in attempts. It's their artifact and they can
do what they want with it. If the people there want
to make a mystery surround their artifact, they can.
All the major religions have mysteries that they have
made to be part of their religion. It's the way these
things are done.

No, I highly doubt they'd allow the pope to see for
himself. Know why? I don't believe it's really there.
I think they've got something behind the curtain alright.
(I saw the special on this on TV). BUT I don't believe
it's really the Ark. The scary stories about no one
allowed in the room except the annointed priest
or the ark will kill them ... and the story that if anyone
touches the ark, even if the annointed priest touches
the ark, they will die instantly ... that's all just spook
stuff to keep people ignorant and in line. If people
really braved the spook stories they'd probably go
in, touch the thing (what ever it is) and find out it's
a fake and their whole religion is based on a fake.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
The show you are talking about, is it the Top Ten Places of Mystery or is there a show that is more indepth with this specific mystery? I would just feel a greater dissappointment in my world if even such "holy" and "uncorrupted" people as these could lie to the world.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by CAPT PROTON

On the show it was noted that in Pharoah's time, the Egyptians had arks as well and would hold ark festivals for them. Question is, were they the same thing or similar in nature? UFO/religion nuts could go crazy digging around for that info.

I find it very interesting about these other Arks in Egypt since Moses the man that had the plans for the Ark grew up and was taught in Egypt. Perhaps he simple copied something he saw during his time there.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   

The show you are talking about, is it the Top Ten Places of Mystery or is there a show that is more indepth with this specific mystery?

I don't remember the name of it. The show had interviews
(through a translator) with the priests and the 'high priest'
who is the guardian. It showed the wall in front of the
church and it showed a lot of dessert dwellings. I remember
homes cut in rocks or people who lived in rock formations
or some such thing. YES, this was Ethiopia and not the USA.

Sorry, but the older I get the more cynical and unbelieving I get.
Guess I've seen too many liars and fakes (politicians mostly)
through the years. I'm 'only' 42 and like I said on a different
thread ... what will be left for me to believe in by the time I'm
in my 60's? YIKES.

I just don't think it's really there. Sorry, but I don't believe
it. I think that only the high priest knows. I betchya' when
he's elected, he finds out and he doesn't destroy everyone
elses faith by telling the truth. That's just my guess.

[edit on 1/12/2005 by FlyersFan]

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Bruce Merideth did a two hour research documentory on finding the AofC. When the Babylonions invaded Jeruselam and took all the treasures the AofC was not listed as taken (missing).

Knights Templer apparently found three of the four in the catacombs below and took then to Rosslyn, Scotland, where later the Chapel was build any the three were burried beneath it.

The fourth AofC resides in Aksum, Ethiopia and as someone already mentioned a single Monk guards it 24 hours a day in that small temple pictured to the left above.

There are a whole host of Guards outside near the Chapel on the right which BTW is apparently built to the same specs as was the Holy oh Holys. Inside the Chapel are markings all over the walls and ceiling depicting the Knights Templer logo. From a pilgimage made after the Babylonians took the spoils of Israel.

One interview with a writer who had the Templers permission to say certain things - said the Arks are capacitors. The outside layer s of gold are insulated from the inner walls except one of the Cherbins.

The other Cheribin is insulated from the outside layers of gold and makes contact only with the inside layers of gold. The inside layers when charged is negative.
In order to receive a lethal shock one must touch both Cheribins to enable a discharge. Anyway, that's my understanding to date.

Dallas

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Other than the link provide by SkipShipman, you folks are aware that this claim of the AoC being located in Axum is the brain-child of Graham Hancock. His findings and research into the resting place of the AoC is covered in his book: The Sign and the Seal

Nah Seekerof. Hancock merely brought the theory to light. The Ethiopian people have believed that the AoC rests in Axum for centuries.
The legend has it that the Queen of Sheba had a son with King Solomon and that he, Menelik I, brought the AoC back after journeying to Jerusalem.

www.geocities.com...

Legend has it that Haille Selassie is a direct descendant of Menelik I.

[edit on 25-2-2005 by Leveller]

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by used3995
www.arkcovenant.com...

I always pictured it bigger somehow...but what a deal!

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I have read a lot more into this claim. Apparently, the ark used to be brought out for festivals a few years back, so why didn't anyone happen to have a camera?! Christ, a festival with the true Ark and no one takes a picture! Again, although no political leaders are even allowed into the temple, what about the Pope? Surely the Ethiopians, even though they are not Catholic, must have respect for the hierarchy of Christianity. Of course, wouldn't all these other people have seen the Ark when it used to be in the Church itself or brought out for festivals? What would the point be then of hiding it now?

Keep in mind here...its not appropriate to call the Pope, the head of the catholic church, the head of the christian church. There are many many many Christian Church Denominations and Non Denominational Christians that do not recognize the authority presented by the pope himeself or the catholic church.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   

So there is actually a bunch of armed guards surrounding that temple? I wonder why they wouldn't want to reveal the ark in order to confirm religion.

Yes.
Probably because they don't NEED to see it to affirm their faith. Since they've all been told it's there since birth, it's as real to them as it would be if shown to us.

Interestingly enough, Ripley's Believe it or Not last night (a rerun) had plenty of filmed footage of the guards, etc. and even got the actual priest said to be one of the few allowed in, on camera.

Arks are a big part of many Ethiopian churches, and many have ark-like altars, etc. so who knows if it's the actual ark or not.

I am surprised that some rich billionaire hasn't had a merc team go in and just take it... I know I would if I had the funds probably, hehe....

How many know about the ritual that was done with the ark, back when in the tabernacle, etc.? The one with the priest, the vest with the true names of God, etc.? That's some freaky stuff, huh?

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   

So there is actually a bunch of armed guards surrounding that temple? I wonder why they wouldn't want to reveal the ark in order to confirm religion.

Yes.
Probably because they don't NEED to see it to affirm their faith. Since they've all been told it's there since birth, it's as real to them as it would be if shown to us.

Interestingly enough, Ripley's Believe it or Not last night (a rerun) had plenty of filmed footage of the guards, etc. and even got the actual priest said to be one of the few allowed in, on camera.

Arks are a big part of many Ethiopian churches, and many have ark-like altars, etc. so who knows if it's the actual ark or not.

I am surprised that some rich billionaire hasn't had a merc team go in and just take it... I know I would if I had the funds probably, hehe....

How many know about the ritual that was done with the ark, back when in the tabernacle, etc.? The one with the priest, the vest with the true names of God, etc.? That's some freaky stuff, huh?

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   

May I pose my question about whether they would let the Pope in or not a third time? Heh, it is just bugging me. I mean, I know that he's Catholic like me and the guardians are Eastern Orthodox, but they should still respect the hierarchy within the unified Christian Church.

The Eastern Orthodox don't really recognize the papal supremacy. In no way we place ourselves below Rome in the hierarchy of the Church. And there is no such hierarchy anyway ever since the Great Schism.

Yes, we are the guardians, and same applies to the
Holy Sepulchre.

Peace be upon all

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I dont know how many of you saw that episode of "Digging for the truth" on the History Channel about searching for the Ark of the Covenant. It was really interesting and was pretty indepth. Josh Bernstein [narrator person] went from Israel to an Ethiopian church in Jerusalem where he saw a reproduction of the ark... i also think that the main priest there told him that there was a reproduction in every Ethiopian church. Also, the show stated [i believe] that Ethiopian sect of Christianity is very similar to Judaism because they believe in the ark and all that good stuff and they can trace themselves back to Soloman etc. They had a lot of information about the story of the queen of Sheeba and Solomon's mines [i think they said they were in that part of Africa near the ocean] And they went to this island fortress in Ethiopia and explored a monestary that had extremely close ties to the ark, such as many artifacts that showed that the ark had passed through there and that the Jewish or Ethiopian carriers of the ark had left some of their stuff there.

They also talked about Axum and how it was rumored to be there... pretty interesting stuff...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join