It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's discuss the reality of the ADHD mind...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
As many of you may have noticed in the past I have ADHD, I'm bi polar, have PTSD, and a TBI from a car accident. The tbi isn't bad it just makes the bi polar swings more extreme and the PTSD is from being exposed to a traumatic event which is not appropriate for conversation and will not be discussed.

Now, back to the topic. Let me start by breaking you into how the ADHD mind works and why it is a real disorder.

I'm going to use TCP:IP protocol as my example.

For the ADHD mind the data packets leave the data entry point organized and arrive fragmented and unorganized to the mind. The worst part about it is it's a constant data stream and multiple thought process are arriving and leaving at the same time making it hard to focus and complete tasks.

What this does is it makes it hard to stay on one task, to socialize, to hold a conversation among other things. This can be a dabilitating disease if you don't get on top of it with medication and or cognitive therapy.

Throw into that mix excessive amounts of energy and you have a recipe for disaster.

The medications I've had the most success with are vyvanse and adderal xr.

Now that I have established a baseline for debate let's see how the conversation evolves.
edit on 11/24/2015 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Let me ask one question, why medication?

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I can't reply with any meaningful response right now, i am too distracted.

edit on 24-11-2015 by coolism because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
not how the protocol works. adhd catch all usually executive and temporal lobe issues. exec out for lunch tempo not cutting off info from sensory streams. you get a great exec with tempo mess might be genius applied right. Adhd just a wreck sometimes over compensate still work out usually not.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: bjarneorn

I meditate and everything as well but in taking medication right now so I can get my life in order.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Those are alot of issues being diagnosed there, do you really feel these are accurate?
I'm being serious and not trying to ridicule.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

In my studies i found that, a certain green tea called Matcha has both l-theanine and caffeine, the mixture and the dosage of 1gram 2-3 times per day seems to have a profound effect on people..
A gelatin capsule containing 1gram of green tea powder or a 70C mixture of water and powder with manuka honey..
If you started taking any benzoids, the effect wont work..

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

That sounds like it's more than just the ADHD making you feel like that. I have ADHD and while adderall helps me super-focus and be productive--I can think and hold conversations great with and without it. So, either you have really, really bad ADHD or it's your other diagnoses that are playing a role because what you're talking about sounds like more than ADHD.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
To be more specific:

For the ADHD mind the data packets leave the data entry point organized and arrive fragmented and unorganized to the mind. The worst part about it is it's a constant data stream and multiple thought process are arriving and leaving at the same time making it hard to focus and complete tasks.

What this does is it makes it hard to stay on one task, to socialize, to hold a conversation among other things.

Your description would apply to me, however I don't think it's a real burden to me in my ability to operate within this reality, nor am I concerned about my ability in a social way.
In other words, in reflecting, how does this pose a restriction on you, if I'm allowed to be honest and inquisitive here?
I apoligise if I'm too forward in this (might explain a certain social issue lol).

edit on 24-11-2015 by Tyrion79 because: Ever spelling & grammar

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

originally posted by: bjarneorn

I meditate and everything as well but in taking medication right now so I can get my life in order.

I suggest a modified Atkins diet. The full on is just too much.

My kid is ADD. She's 46 now. I've had a few years to learn stuff. She was and is not medicated.

She had zero attention on a one on one at age 6. Eye contact and squeezing her hands was required.

She pretty much outgrew it, but not completely. Detailed paperwork definitely not her thing.
edit on 24-11-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

With ptsd complicating matters; I would suggest a qualified therapist to work thru that issue. Then perhaps the ADHD could be addressed.

I also think that maybe a toxic environment might be a contributing factor.

www.upi.com...

What type of meditation? Some meditation disciplines actually make the condition worse.

But what do I know I'm just an old man with a background in psych and counseling.
edit on 24-11-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
Old men with backgrounds in psychology are a base of knowledge in my opinion

Without intentionally going off-topic here, could you share your thoughts on the increasing phenominon of ADHD in current society?
(It's a common issue in my region, however one not seriously being discussed much)
If too off-topic, ignore or delete this post by all means.
I only seek more knowledge into any of this.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tyrion79

Without intentionally going off-topic here, could you share your thoughts on the increasing phenominon of ADHD in current society?
(It's a common issue in my region, however one not seriously being discussed much)

I think there is a direct correlation between the increase in mental disorders including ADHD and pesticides, growth hormones in almost all agricultural products, carbon/lead automotive exhaust. Toxic environment....

Almost everyone I know is having memory problems and a general feeling of malaise.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Interesting,could you pinpoint this to a certain time?
In order to maybe connect certain dots, I mean.
I'm also trying to correlate this to myself, however I'm not certain, because of different equations, that might interfere in recents times.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

My oldest son, now 19, has ADHD and is bi-polar and PTSD. Concerta worked well for him when he was younger and I could get him to take his medication. He could focus, and the angry/violent outbursts happened way less frequently. But, when he golt older, about 16 yrs old, he refused medication. His life has been a mess ever since. His decision-making skills are not good at all when he does not take medication. He cannot/will not be able to hold a job in the mindset he is in.

I did notice diet played a big part. No sugar or processed foods he did alot better with. But me controlling the diet of a teenager/young adult is impossible. He has to be willing to do it himself. And he cannot see the difference in himself when he eats a better diet and/or takes meds, so my advice and opinions go unheard.

I can only sit back and hope someday he will listen to my opinions and observations. Do I want him to always be on medication? NO! But if thats what it take to lead a successful life, then that is what it needs to be.

Would we choose to not take heart medication that would save us? Not choose insulin or a special diet if we were diabetic? To me it is the same thing.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
As many of you may have noticed in the past I have ADHD, I'm bi polar, have PTSD, and a TBI from a car accident. The tbi isn't bad it just makes the bi polar swings more extreme and the PTSD is from being exposed to a traumatic event which is not appropriate for conversation and will not be discussed.

Now, back to the topic. Let me start by breaking you into how the ADHD mind works and why it is a real disorder.

I'm going to use TCP:IP protocol as my example.

What this does is it makes it hard to stay on one task, to socialize, to hold a conversation among other things. This can be a dabilitating disease if you don't get on top of it with medication and or cognitive therapy.

Throw into that mix excessive amounts of energy and you have a recipe for disaster.

The medications I've had the most success with are vyvanse and adderal xr.

Now that I have established a baseline for debate let's see how the conversation evolves.

You should be able to learn how to control that. I have Temporal lobe epilepsy acquired from an accident. I did learn how to control it by diet and by learning how to organize the multiple streams through the brain. I seem to have lost the direct link between the temporal lobes so information has to go around. It does effect my auditory parts of the brain quite often, creating perception of a variety of sounds, the most consistant being the high pitched sound and chirping. I use those to choose certain foods to control and monitor my epilepsy. High sugar foods or high tyramine foods overload it and I get way more sounds and sometimes visual disturbances. You could probably misdiagnose what I have as multiple different conditions.

Just don't over consume junk food and sugars, pizza really increases this activity but I love it occasionally so have to suffer scattered thinking. Also don't get wild on sugars. If I had always had this condition I would probably not be able to know how normal was and how to fix it. I had a hard time figuring it out. Actually the doctors figured out it was TLE but really could not comprehend how it was effecting me. You could easily figure you were nuts but it isn't necessary, just alter the diet a bit, the meds used to treat these things adjust enzymes, there are alternate ways to accomplish the same things. Spent a lot of time studying the meds and trying to find out exactly how they work and researching alternate ways to accomplish the same things. The dietary moderating is not easy but if the side effects of the meds are excessive it does work and learning to use the array pattern of thinking can be a good thing.

Burning fats for energy instead of sugar works pretty decent. Eggs help and so does bacon. Fats self moderate better, less highs and lows.

The supplement NAC can help with stuff like this but don't go wild with supplements, buy a bottle and try. Di-methyl glycine works, right now my daughter is running a test on a bottle I had bought. The drawback to di-methyl glycine is that it builds muscle. Getting stronger might be a problem if you are really Bi-polar. Aspartame in diet pop can cause some of your problems if your body has a problem metabolizing it to detox it. It is a tyramine like chemical spun backwards from asparagine..
edit on 24-11-2015 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Tyrion79

I think there is a direct correlation between the increase in mental disorders including ADHD and pesticides, growth hormones in almost all agricultural products, carbon/lead automotive exhaust. Toxic environment....

Almost everyone I know is having memory problems and a general feeling of malaise.

I researched at one time the heavy metals toxicity and came to the conclusion this could very well be the problem with my son...

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Nice analogy. I also have adhd and am a nasty, overwhelmed and impulsive, B without Adderall. My daughter takes Vyvanse, which she says is much better but my insurance doesn't cover it for "adult" use.

For those who think add/adhd isn't real, it is. I wish those folks could live for one day with my unmedicated brain...The only good thing about it is I believe the adhd is what gives me my smarts. Tested at 15 and found out that I have a genius level IQ, that I should've gone to a better school or should've been put into the most difficult classes, etc. High school was THE WORST for me. It just sucked.

Teachers treated me like poop because I didn't give AF, I didn't do my work, etc. because I wasn't interested in any of it. Nowadays, things I think are a little better for kids in school...

We ALL have it in my family. Myself, my daughter and all my nieces/nephews. My sister and brother do not have it, which is weird. At least they're not diagnosed.
edit on 24-11-2015 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

For reference, if you don't mind me asking, what's your age?
I'm 36 yrs right now, if anyone was wondering.
When were you diagnosed for the first time and what happens to you, your thoughts, when you don't take any medicine's?

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I have suspected that I have the whole ADHD thing.....just never wanted to admit it.

I've succeeded far enough where I don't feel that I need help with living day to day

BUT,

I'm not as confident as I use to be when it comes to this issue.

WTF do I do for help exactly?

I hate the idea of taking a pill everyday....I actually hate it more than words can express....

What are the natural options to dealing with this #? ARE there any natural options? Am I just screwed for life?

I don't want to take drugs...I just want to feel okay....every damn day without chemical assistance.
edit on 24-11-2015 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-11-2015 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join