It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laquan McDonald shooting video released in full. It ain't good.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

I don't find this to be surprising, do you?.

Somehow there must be measures put in place to watch those who are supposedly the watchers.

I would use entities who have no sex organs and have no religious indoctrination pounded into their empty spaces, who need not fight to make a living and can't have their opinion influenced by anyone.

Yep, computers...complete mechanization of the legal apparatus, removing the stupid, opinionated and corrupt human factor.

There would still be Richie Rich there to influence the coder with trinkets and perks....

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: Vroomfondel

You know, a kid got killed. One would think you could set aside the party drool and show some respect for the issue.

The following post was part of your first contribution to this thread:

Chicago may not be directly attributable to obama, but it is directly attributable to democrats.

Spare us the hypocrisy.

It is hypocrisy, if the democrats had nothing to do with it. But if the democrats are responsible, is it still hypocrisy? You never address the actual issue, only the party rhetoric lines you love to ramble on about.

I have lived in or near this city nearly my whole life. I know this city very well. I was very familiar with former officials, including police chiefs, alderman, judges, and a lengthy list beyond those. I know that the democrats and their legislation, along with their unwillingness to address issues properly, that without even considering the under the table deals, is largely responsible for every aspect of the condition the city is in. You may not be privy to it but that does not mean it isn't real or that I am lying. This doesn't make the news often. And when it does people like you attack anyone who mentions it and accuse them of being right wingers with an agenda to discredit democrats. Maybe the democrats do enough to discredit themselves and all the conservatives do it point it out.

(post by introvert removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Watched it over and over.

Cold blooded murder.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner

Somehow there must be measures put in place to watch those who are supposedly the watchers.

I would use entities who have no sex organs and have no religious indoctrination pounded into their empty spaces, who need not fight to make a living and can't have their opinion influenced by anyone.

Yep, computers...complete mechanization of the legal apparatus, removing the stupid, opinionated and corrupt human factor.

There would still be Richie Rich there to influence the coder with trinkets and perks....

Computers are only as good as their programmers, but I like this idea. Robots that, if programmed correctly, will without a doubt make the right decision.

The officers didn't have to kill this suspect, but was he a suspect? Yes, according to the police who were pursuing him. You know what happens when you disobey law enforcement? They will subdue you one way or another. If the kid would have just disarmed and got on the ground, he would not have been "murdered".

It's not that difficult of a concept, but no...Everyone has to have the "F### authority!" mindset.

I agree that there's some messed up crap going on in the country, and I agree that there are some officers who are corrupt, racist, etc...but if anyone disobeys law enforcement as an active threat (yes, a knife-wielder qualifies), force will be used, and sometimes, it's lethal force.

Personally, I believe the cops should have tased him. But then people will cry out that it was excessive force. Only when the suspect stabs twenty officers would it be okay to breathe in the suspect's general direction.
edit on 11/25/2015 by mysticrecluse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysticrecluse

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner

Computers are only as good as their programmers, but I like this idea. Robots that, if programmed correctly, will without a doubt make the right decision.

The officers didn't have to kill this suspect, but was he a suspect? Yes, according to the police who were pursuing him. You know what happens when you disobey law enforcement? They will subdue you one way or another. If the kid would have just disarmed and got on the ground, he would not have been "murdered".

It's not that difficult of a concept, but no...Everyone has to have the "F### authority!" mindset.

I agree that there's some messed up crap going on in the country, and I agree that there are some officers who are corrupt, racist, etc...but if anyone disobeys law enforcement as an active threat (yes, a knife-wielder qualifies), force will be used, and sometimes, it's lethal force.

Personally, I believe the cops should have tased him. But then people will cry out that it was excessive force. Only when the suspect stabs twenty officers would it be okay to breathe in the suspect's general direction.

I've been meaning to get back into this thread with my additional two cents.... and this seems like as good a place as any because what you wrote rings true to me.

Our son is only 4 years old so although we of course teach him right from wrong, we are a bit away from getting into deeper conversations about it. That being said, when the time comes, we will teach him that it is the wrong choice to break the law for two main reasons. (Disclaimer: I understand there are some wacked-out laws on the books).

Morality: We will teach him it is not good to steal because he wouldn't like having something stolen from him. He shouldn't lay hands on anyone (outside of true self defense) because he wouldn't like it if someone assaulted him. Etc, etc....

Safety: Beyond the moral reasons to NOT be a criminal, self-preservation should be one heck of a motivator. In the case that spawned this thread, as well as so many others that end "badly"... almost all of them have a common thread. While at times it is shown that cops are human and some behave badly, for the most part they almost ALWAYS involve police responding and attempting to apprehend a criminal. My point is, the INSTANT that you cross that line and break the law, that is the INSTANT that ANYTHING can happen. Please understand I'm not saying that every shoplifter or even mugger deserves the death penalty, but I will be sure to teach my son that the instant you cross that line, you have essentially decided to take a chance. I would add that in the event someone makes a "bad decision" (I will not call it a 'mistake'), and the authorities are there, LISTEN TO WHAT THEY ARE SAYING. IN this day and age there is no shortage of civilian review boards (or lawyers just itching file a suit), that a person that is mistreated (as unfair as it may be) can have their day in court as the plaintiff, not the defendant.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Looks very wrong. He may have been stoned and carrying a knife but it sure didn't look like he made threatening gestures to cause the shooting.

With at least 3 cars there why didn't one officer deploy a taser while the other keep their guns on him in case he rushed them? They went right for deadly force when they didn't seem to be at much, if any risk.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

A kid did get killed and you have to make it about personal insults and party rhetoric.

I am sorry that your partisan goggles prevent you from seeing the truth. I know this city well. I have for many years. I have had personal relationships with many of its officials. Former police chiefs, aldermen, judges, just to name a few. Just because you have not had the benefit of that experience doesn't mean no one else has. You cite personal anecdote like its chiseled in stone and trimmed in gold. Yet when someone else does it, well, thats just unsupported nonsense.

The truth is Chicago has much deeper problems than this, and its worse than most people are aware of. Its worse than most conspiracy buffs would even think of. And that is saying something. I have seen it up close and personal. And I laugh when people like you try to act like you have some insight into the situation that no one else has. The worst part is, when someone who does know tries to inform you, you miss the opportunity to educate yourself completely and instead respond with insults and what you apparently consider clever retorts.

I know this city. I know how it works. Better than most. And I know that democrats and their corrupt failings are responsible for the condition this city is in. Anyone who knows anyone in this city knows I am right. The higher up the food chain you go, the clearer the picture gets. And if you were anywhere near the same area, I would already know you, and you would know me too. But its obvious by your comments, you dont know this city as well as you think. I can be fairly certain by the inaccuracy of your comments that we have not met in those circles. In other words, you are out of your league.

If you think being treated the same way you treat other people is a threat, perhaps you should change the way you treat other people... Just a thought...
edit on 25-11-2015 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu Nov 26 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I made a few phone calls last night and what I found is that people are being very tight lipped about this. More than I would have expected. But I was told that several more dash cam videos will be released soon. Will have to wait and see what they show.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I heard a police analyst (or whatever CNN calls them) say the officer kept shooting because he didn't let go of the knife after he was shot and on the ground. Really. Man is down, maybe dead, but he needs to be shot until the knife falls out of his hand. Maybe the officer should have shot the knife out of his hand, cowboy style.

How can a so called 'expert' say crap like that. Oh right, he is being paid by the news people to say it.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
But I was told that several more dash cam videos will be released soon. Will have to wait and see what they show.

Might have been nice to have seen the security camera footage...but they erased it.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

But I was told that several more dash cam videos will be released soon. Will have to wait and see what they show.

Might have been nice to have seen the security camera footage...but they erased it.

That's a nice double standard for concealing evidence.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: Shamrock6

They fought tooth and nail to not release it. The judge had to put in a FOIA request. I had no idea judges had to do that, I assumed a subpoena would suffice or it would have to be released in discovery. I am not surprised the audio is missing.

Actually the video was requested by a reporter and after being stonewalled. it took a judge to get the video released. Now this event happened 15 months ago. Since the incident over 300 have been murdered in Chicago. Most of which is black on black violence. Which is nothing new in Chicago. There hasn't been any riots but they are protesting and moving the protests through key points in the downtown area which interrupts the daily activities. In fact last night protesters went to the city christmas tree and started ripping the lights off the tree. What that has to do with Laquan McDonald I don't know.

My question is why isn't there an uprising EVERY DAY in Chicago? There is someone shot or killed EVERYDAY in Chicago! It seems to me the value of life is cheap in many neighborhood's in Chicago. The police and city administration are quite useless with dealing with this 'war zone'. These communities need to rise up against the violence which has rooted itself firmly there. The police in Chicago are fairly ineffective in dealing with this nastiness.

It needs to be dealt with on so many levels in order to bring some peace. The reasons are economic, educational, cultural, and frankly indifference by many. Such a shame to watch generations of potential being wasted. It sickens me to no end but I'm a bit calloused as I see this violence displayed in segments of Chicago every time I watch the local news or read a local paper. I'm sure I'm not the only one around here who is becoming numb to the inevitable news story of another person shot or killed in Chicago.

Value life not money or power and things might change for the better throughout the whole world. However I fear humans are too weak in general to rise above the shortsighted sh*t we keep creating for ourselves.
edit on 11/26/2015 by americanbuffalo1 because: missed some punctuation

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
He had a knife and was acting irrational. Do you-

A: Let him escape and hope he doesn't hurt someone?

B: Chase him down and hope he doesn't stab you in the process?

c: End the situation right there by shooting him?

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

I'm sure that was an accident and had nothing to do with Chicago and the criminally corrupt democrats running things. All I got was that there is more video and it will be coming out soon. I haven't checked this morning, it might be out already. Hopefully, though I seriously doubt it, there will be some usable information, not just the exact same thing from a slightly different angle.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

c: End the situation right there by shooting him?

He was on the ground on the first shot. I really see no justification for the 15 follow on rounds while he lay on the ground.

Video released of deadly Chicago police shooting

edit on 01pm2016-01-14T15:07:07-06:0003071America/Chicago07131 by machineintelligence because: added source

new topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join