It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laquan McDonald shooting video released in full. It ain't good.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Generation9
a reply to: carewemust

OK.

High on PCP, breaking into vehicles, waving a knife in the presence of armed police.... he's a good boy I'm sure, but I bet he said something to precipitate the shooting. I doubt the cop jumped out of his SUV and shot for no reason. He'll have a reason. The cop's attorney says he is certain his client will be found innocent. The MEDIA is giving it out piece meal to get the protesters worked up.

You do understand this happened over a year ago, right? The vast majority of details are known. The media isn't giving anything out piecemeal.

Oh, wait, you didn't bother to read anything about it before offering your opinion. Never mind.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

sure could use the audio in this one, because it pretty much looks like an unnecessary killing to me, even if he had something in his right hand (which it appears he may from the way he was walking).

He doesn't seem to be advancing on the officers nor reaching for anything like a gun. Seems unnecessary to me, from what I see in the video.

Sad, really. Hopefully the jury in this case gets all of the evidence and makes an appropriate decision, whatever that verdict may be. But just from this video--if I had nothing else to go on (which I don't)--the cop looks guilty to me.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Generation9
a reply to: Shamrock6

So what is the guy being chased for? Why does he have a knife out in the presence of police?
Why doesn't he just put the knife away, stop and chat with the police?

You don't know the story. You don't know the story. You don't know who he is and what he is wanted for.

Once again the MEDIA is making a big deal of it.

A three inch knife, against 16 bullets whilst walking away from the police and vehicles.
In any case, just because you don't understand people's actions, does not mean you shouldn't read up even a little on the events.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
this could go two ways in my opinion. murder. or more likely first degree manslaughter.

when he was running towards the cop cars and with a flourish brandished a folding knife he really, really upped the ante and the tension. then he continues walking towards the cops in what appears to be the initiation of a flanking maneuver. he almost immediately re thinks this crazy action and continues walking strait at a 45 degree angle zoning away from the cops to get distance and perhaps hoping he could just March off into the night and be left alone.

the defense team may be able to say the guys actions were hostile enough to sincerely believe an attack via knife was eminent. citing 21 foot rules and such as the justification. the multiple excessive shots adrenaline and poor training and immediate confusion.

they may be able to get a lesser charge than murder using a plea like that.

in my opinion. the one cop over reacted cause his constitution wasnt as strong or measured as his fellow officers (ie hes a skittish weenie), got spooked thinking the guy was still walking more or less towards the other officers and opened fire. crappy training taught him to dump the entire clip. and the fact that he kept shooting for 16 seconds proves willful malice that should be considered in sentencing as to whether this belongs on the murder or first degree manslaughter side of the fence. its the 16 seconds of shooting that's going to hang him I bet.

edit on 25-11-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-11-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Looks like he just committed suicide by cop. How many times was he told to stop and drop the knife?? Then he turns and gets shot . No issue with me I have too many family members on both sides of the law.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: Vroomfondel

My reference to your time here had nothing to do with the validity, or lack thereof, of your comments. The simple fact is, I have been here longer than you and I have seen more changes in extremes than you have.

You assume too much.

If there is a set amount of time needed to be a member in which the secret wisdom of the world is revealed rest assured you will always be on the wanting end of that equation.

Perhaps the wanting end is desirable considering current standards.

Perhaps my backside doth protest too much. And yours has obviously been far too accommodating...

Ready to talk about the middle ground, or will you continue to prove my original assertion?

I assumed no more or less than you have. You make statements about me and Chicago that prove you know neither yet you refuse to take the word of one who does. That is your choice, but do not mistake it for some sort of victory.

You try so hard to be clever and it just sounds desperate. Bottom line, you toe a party line but cant stand when someone points it out.

Nothing has been proven except that you fail to bring substance and rely on what you consider clever insults instead of real dialogue.

If you cant bring a real game, please get off my chess board.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
So no charges for the rest of the cops that never seem to check this cop that is shooting? Guess not but one would expect at least to have one good apple in the bunch trying to stop the shooter after the first couple rounds. I actually am interested in what those with leo exp. say about stopping excessive force in a situation like that. My first thought would be that it would be dangerous to bow up to a fellow officer that is firing at a dead body on the ground but I am not a cop.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

You mentioned something there that I also touched on. Its not just the guy pulling the trigger. These cops are supposed to stop crime when they see it happening. Obviously they didn't consider killing this kid a crime. That and the strong bond of the fraternity and you have situations like this happening. If it were a black kid pulling the trigger and five of his friends standing there watching there would be criminal accomplice or guilt through association at the very least. I guess it is possible that more charges could be coming for the other cops. Knowing Chicago, I would suspect that they will probably throw a few minor charges at other cops in response to riots, sort of a concession. Time will tell...
edit on 25-11-2015 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I assumed no more or less than you have. You make statements about me and Chicago that prove you know neither yet you refuse to take the word of one who does

I've assumed nothing. In fact, what I have done is simply say that your posts assume too much about this issue. Of course, you base it on your personal experiences. That's fine, but you cannot expect someone on the internet to believe what someone else says. For all I know you may not be from Chicago.

For all I know you could be a liar.

Therefore it is illogical for me to simply believe what you say and entirely logical to question your partisan posts.

You try so hard to be clever and it just sounds desperate. Bottom line, you toe a party line but cant stand when someone points it out.

What party line? You have been the one spitting garbage about Democrat this and that. All I have said is that maybe politics, as you describe it, may not play a part. They may, but they also may not.

Nothing has been proven except that you fail to bring substance and rely on what you consider clever insults instead of real dialogue.

“Arrogance is a creature. It does not have senses.
It has only a sharp tongue and the pointing finger.”

Toba Beta

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Isn't it obvious? You keep shooting so there is garunteed kill.if there is only One side of the story is easier to prove your not guilty also it saves on medical bills and the cost of long term rehabilitation and possible sueing for being disabled for the rest of your life. Sad reality.

I don't agree with it but it seems to be protocol.

a reply to: BASSPLYR

edit on 25-11-2015 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Just wait until the police come out with their antifilm technology.

They will likely learn from those criminals that use certain lights to obscure the camera. I can see a belt fit with lasers and camera tracking tech.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Screw Chicago, 8 Blacks killed and 45 wondered this last weekend alone all black on black. The people want to kill each other and the cops mirror the society. Go back 20 years and some ass on PCP would be taken down by 5 cops, because that was what was needed. Today they would just pump bullets into the guy. It seems that everything these days is the death penalty in places like Chicago and I really can't fully blame the cops 100% since where they need to work is a cesspool. I live near Portland, Or and it is a much different city, and the cops are different too, to say the least.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guzzeppi
a reply to: alienjuggalo

That was no doubt...murder!

Absolutely. I hope anyone/everyone involved in this cover up goes to jail.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Looks like he just committed suicide by cop. How many times was he told to stop and drop the knife?? Then he turns and gets shot . No issue with me I have too many family members on both sides of the law.

Oh my jeebus

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

How about the detectives that erased the security cam footage from the Burger King..whole lot of rotten apples not just one.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

I assumed no more or less than you have. You make statements about me and Chicago that prove you know neither yet you refuse to take the word of one who does

I've assumed nothing. In fact, what I have done is simply say that your posts assume too much about this issue. Of course, you base it on your personal experiences. That's fine, but you cannot expect someone on the internet to believe what someone else says. For all I know you may not be from Chicago.

For all I know you could be a liar.

Therefore it is illogical for me to simply believe what you say and entirely logical to question your partisan posts.

What party line? You have been the one spitting garbage about Democrat this and that. All I have said is that maybe politics, as you describe it, may not play a part. They may, but they also may not.

“Arrogance is a creature. It does not have senses.
It has only a sharp tongue and the pointing finger.”

Toba Beta

You do make assumptions, certainly more than I do. Your statements about Chicago proved to me that you know little about the city or how it works. When challenged, you didnt say you lived here, only that I must have assumed something. I was correct.

You spout off about how you dont know me and I may not be from Chicago or may be a liar, yet you expect me to blindly accept whatever you say even when I know you are wrong.

Please... You post things like this:

It's all political. The Republicans would be against this no matter what because Obama is at the helm.

and then sit here asking, "what party line... ?" People have memories. Especially when you go from thread to thread spewing the same nonsense, attacking the same people/positions over and over again.

Please. Are you even aware of the drivel you put on these boards or is it so automatic that you don't even pay attention any more?

You are every bit as biased as anyone else on these boards, moreso than most. I said before and I will say it again, I know I have a political bias but I am able to see the truth. I don't just toe the party line regardless of the facts. I quote facts, only to have them attacked, rearranged, nitpicked and skewed by people like you, and in the end it all goes around and around because you simply couldn't acknowledge the truth. I has to be a long drawn out convoluted exercise, or, people just give up trying to deal with you altogether. And somehow, through all this nonsense, you manage to exude an air of superiority... The only thing superior about you is the stench of your bias and your blindness to it.

Added post script:

You know, a kid got killed. One would think you could set aside the party drool and show some respect for the issue. My comments about corrupt Chicago were on point. Knowing this city as well as I do, it is painfully obvious to me when people dont know what they are talking about. You would rather distract with arguments about what I knew and what I assumed than get to the heart of the issue and respect the loss of this life with some dialogue that might actually end in a change for the better. I guess you were too busy being a rabid party loyalist to show any rabid party empathy for the kid or rabid party tolerance for those who disagree with you.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

You do make assumptions, certainly more than I do. Your statements about Chicago proved to me that you know little about the city or how it works.

That's the thing. I've said nothing about Chicago.

You've blown this way out of proportion.

You spout off about how you dont know me and I may not be from Chicago or may be a liar, yet you expect me to blindly accept whatever you say even when I know you are wrong.

I haven't asked you to accept anything. My original post wasn't even addressed to you.

and then sit here asking, "what party line... ?" People have memories. Especially when you go from thread to thread spewing the same nonsense, attacking the same people/positions over and over again.

The quote of mine you provided was accurate within the context of that particular topic. Just because I point-out the actions of the Right Wing does not mean I toe the Democrat line.

That's the problem with such narrow thinking. You actually believe that anyone that does not conform to your way of thinking or has the audacity to criticize the Right must be toeing the Democrat line.

It's doesn't even register in your mind that someone could be independent of party.

You are every bit as biased as anyone else on these boards, moreso than most.

I am biased. I've never ran from that. But I'm also very honest in my posts. I admit when I'm wrong and hold people to the same criteria. Left or Right.

But it's not my fault that the Right has become extremely ignorant and the Left has yet to follow suit. Recognizing that goes well beyond bias.

I know I have a political bias but I am able to see the truth

Truth is relative and subjective.

I quote facts, only to have them attacked, rearranged, nitpicked and skewed by people like you, and in the end it all goes around and around because you simply couldn't acknowledge the truth.

Nice rant. According to you logical fallacies/anecdotal evidence is considered truths and facts. So right away you contradict yourself.

And somehow, through all this nonsense, you manage to exude an air of superiority

Your entire premise has been that you know better than me or anyone else just because of where you live. That is arrogance and superiority.

Please forgive me if I am cautious around such hypocrisy.

The only thing superior about you is the stench of your bias and your blindness to it.

I already admitted my bias, so I guess your comment is false.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

You know, a kid got killed. One would think you could set aside the party drool and show some respect for the issue.

The following post was part of your first contribution to this thread:

Chicago may not be directly attributable to obama, but it is directly attributable to democrats.

Spare us the hypocrisy.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
We need cameras everywhere to keep an eye on the thugs too many of us consider to be our protectors.

Cameras that can't be adjusted to hide their actions by themselves....

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
have the police been doing a bit of creative video post-production?

"After the shooting, according to Jay Darshane, the District Manager for Burger King, four to five police officers wearing blue and white shirts entered the restaurant and asked to view the video and were given the password to the equipment. Three hours later they left, he said.
The next day, when an investigator from the Independent Police Review Authority asked to view the security footage, it was discovered that 86 minutes of the video were missing."

www.nbcchicago.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join