It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laquan McDonald shooting video released in full. It ain't good.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: SouthernForkway26
a reply to: pcgamer11
Enemy combatant? War on the police? What the hell kind of psychotic brainwashing has taken over you? That whacked out mentality is more dangerous than any drug I have ever heard of.

This kid was trying to get away from the police. Hardly a declaration of war. I can't tell if you are a racist or just a steroid junkie cop who is high right now.

/flame

You summed-up exactly what I was thinking when I read that post. Well played.

The level of extremes we have been seeing lately on ATS has become a bit disturbing, regarding many issues.

The level of hatred and ignorance has been ramped up. The bigots think they will win by screaming louder, think WBC.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

originally posted by: eluryh22

originally posted by: Guzzeppi
a reply to: eluryh22

Won't happen under Obama though.

You know who the mayor is, right? And who his former boss was?

Chicago had issues long before Rahm or Obama were even gleams in their daddies eyes.
You are exactly right. However, it's not hard to put together an argument that things are not only not any better since they entered the picture, but are actually a heck of a lot worse.

No it is not hard to put together that argument, but Obama has been blamed for tsunamis and earthquakes. He has disappointed me greatly, but not everything that happens in the world is his fault.
I've heard some ridiculous things attributed to Obama as well.

When it comes to this topic in general (not this specific case, but the current state of affairs in the race relation department), I can't say I find his hands all that clean. Nor those of Eric Holder and to be candid, Mrs. Obama (including but not limited to some of her commencement speeches) has done her fair share to stir the pot. I think that may be for another thread though.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

a reply to: BubbaJoe

Agreed Bubba, Chicago has had problems for eons and it's not all Obama's fault. It would be nice though if someone in that city would take it by the ballz and try to change all the corruption without ending up dead.

Wishful thinking.

Power is such a strong force to a weak person, we seem to attract them into American politics. Bernie Sanders is probably the strongest leader we have running for President on either side. He has made his own way, as far as I know, not sold out to anyone, and speaks his mind. I don't think he is electable, along with the clown car, the GOP has brought forth. We, the USA, really needs a leader.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Chicago had issues long before Rahm or Obama were even gleams in their daddies eyes.
You are exactly right. However, it's not hard to put together an argument that things are not only not any better since they entered the picture, but are actually a heck of a lot worse.

No it is not hard to put together that argument, but Obama has been blamed for tsunamis and earthquakes. He has disappointed me greatly, but not everything that happens in the world is his fault.

When it comes to this topic in general (not this specific case, but the current state of affairs in the race relation department), I can't say I find his hands all that clean. Nor those of Eric Holder and to be candid, Mrs. Obama (including but not limited to some of her commencement speeches) has done her fair share to stir the pot. I think that may be for another thread though.

I would not disagree with you, but race relations in this country are something that need to be addressed. Maybe by each of us on a personal level. Everyone, black, white, yellow, purple, or green, needs to stop seeing the color of someone else's skin as a difference. We are all human beings, and all belong to the human race.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I would not disagree with you, but race relations in this country are something that need to be addressed. Maybe by each of us on a personal level. Everyone, black, white, yellow, purple, or green, needs to stop seeing the color of someone else's skin as a difference. We are all human beings, and all belong to the human race.

Hey, you can go back and find many posts of mine in many threads on this site alone....

I should just have this on some sort of perma-copy-paste at this point....

My kid (from Mommy & Me to Nursery School and now Pre-K) has been in classes with just about every ethnicity. The kids just don't see race as a "thing." They recognize some people are lighter, darker, skinny, fat, tall, short but none of that matters AT ALL. I KNOW it is never, EVER going to happen, but if you want to end racism in a single generation... LEAVE THE KIDS ALONE.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Agreed Bubba, Chicago has had problems for eons and it's not all Obama's fault. It would be nice though if someone in that city would take it by the ballz and try to change all the corruption without ending up dead.

Wishful thinking.

Chicago may not be directly attributable to obama, but it is directly attributable to democrats. They have been running things into the ground here as long as I can remember. No dodging that one.

As for the enemy combatant and the war on cops: You guys do know that cops have been getting killed all over the country lately, don't you? With the exception of the one in Fox Lake which turned out to be a crooked cop, there are a lot of cases of cops being assassinated recently. Targeted because of what they do for a living. This video will probably prompt more of the same attacks on cops. And you expect cops to be more forgiving and less likely to use force as a result of it?

I don't condone what this cop did. It was murder. Plain and simple. But not all cases are this plain and simple. And when a cop shows up on a call he doesn't know what he is walking in to. It might be a kid with a three inch knife in his hand. Or it might be a kid with a three inch knife in his hand and an uzi under his shirt.

I don't like the shoot first and ask questions later idea. There was a time when a cop had to be fired upon in order to return fire. That was rough for the cops who had to sit there with a gun pointed at them and not be able to shoot. The idea was that it would stop young punks with toy guns from getting shot. It made sense on paper but in the real world it didn't work well.

I don't know what the answer is but I know its not shooting a kid sixteen times when the first shot clearly took him down. Of course, if he had not been out committing crimes he might not have gotten shot. He wasn't just jay walking. The news is pretty clear on that. It should not be trivialized that way. He was up to no good. If he had been at home he would still be alive today. That doesn't excuse the cop at all and it isn't meant to. But its true.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Hey, you can go back and find many posts of mine in many threads on this site alone....

I should just have this on some sort of perma-copy-paste at this point....

My kid (from Mommy & Me to Nursery School and now Pre-K) has been in classes with just about every ethnicity. The kids just don't see race as a "thing." They recognize some people are lighter, darker, skinny, fat, tall, short but none of that matters AT ALL. I KNOW it is never, EVER going to happen, but if you want to end racism in a single generation... LEAVE THE KIDS ALONE.

I know brother, it gets better with each generation, outside of those who teach hate. I am a product of that environment, and now embrace all of my fellow human beings with love, outside of them terrorist sonsabitches.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Its funny, there was a black woman on oprah years ago talking about race. A white woman said what you said about black, white, yellow, purple, or green. The black woman went nuts saying that purple and green were colors for martians and she was comparing black people to martians....

In other words, some of the effort will have to come from the minorities in order for peace to have a chance.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

Wishful thinking.

Chicago may not be directly attributable to obama, but it is directly attributable to democrats. They have been running things into the ground here as long as I can remember. No dodging that one.

As for the enemy combatant and the war on cops: You guys do know that cops have been getting killed all over the country lately, don't you? With the exception of the one in Fox Lake which turned out to be a crooked cop, there are a lot of cases of cops being assassinated recently. Targeted because of what they do for a living. This video will probably prompt more of the same attacks on cops. And you expect cops to be more forgiving and less likely to use force as a result of it?

I don't condone what this cop did. It was murder. Plain and simple. But not all cases are this plain and simple. And when a cop shows up on a call he doesn't know what he is walking in to. It might be a kid with a three inch knife in his hand. Or it might be a kid with a three inch knife in his hand and an uzi under his shirt.

I don't like the shoot first and ask questions later idea. There was a time when a cop had to be fired upon in order to return fire. That was rough for the cops who had to sit there with a gun pointed at them and not be able to shoot. The idea was that it would stop young punks with toy guns from getting shot. It made sense on paper but in the real world it didn't work well.

I don't know what the answer is but I know its not shooting a kid sixteen times when the first shot clearly took him down. Of course, if he had not been out committing crimes he might not have gotten shot. He wasn't just jay walking. The news is pretty clear on that. It should not be trivialized that way. He was up to no good. If he had been at home he would still be alive today. That doesn't excuse the cop at all and it isn't meant to. But its true.

So blame it all on the Democrats, has never been a republican scandal in the US? Sorry, they don't usually involve normal folks, they involve banks and stuff.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Its funny, there was a black woman on oprah years ago talking about race. A white woman said what you said about black, white, yellow, purple, or green. The black woman went nuts saying that purple and green were colors for martians and she was comparing black people to martians....

In other words, some of the effort will have to come from the minorities in order for peace to have a chance.

You honestly believe that minorities would not step up in this country to ensure there equality?

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Wishful thinking.

So blame it all on the Democrats, has never been a republican scandal in the US? Sorry, they don't usually involve normal folks, they involve banks and stuff.

We were talking about Chicago. Why do you liberals always have to make sure someone accuses a republican whenever someone points out what a democrat did? You will never be taken seriously if your answer to every observation about a democrat is accusing a republican of the same thing. Is it even possible for you to discuss the one without the other? My God, get a grip, will you?

And if you really want the truth, if it weren't for the so-called gun free zones in Chicago brought about by democrat legislation, maybe this would not have happened.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

You honestly believe that minorities would not step up in this country to ensure there equality?

That depends on what you mean by "stepping up." In the example above the black woman didnt have to go off on a tangent about being compared to martians. She could have accepted the offer of being seen equally in the eyes of the woman she was talking to. Clearly that was not what she wanted.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Wishful thinking.

We were talking about Chicago. Why do you liberals always have to make sure someone accuses a republican whenever someone points out what a democrat did? You will never be taken seriously if your answer to every observation about a democrat is accusing a republican of the same thing. Is it even possible for you to discuss the one without the other? My God, get a grip, will you?

And if you really want the truth, if it weren't for the so-called gun free zones in Chicago brought about by democrat legislation, maybe this would not have happened.

Why would you considered me a liberal?

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

That depends on what you mean by "stepping up." In the example above the black woman didnt have to go off on a tangent about being compared to martians. She could have accepted the offer of being seen equally in the eyes of the woman she was talking to. Clearly that was not what she wanted.

You do honestly realize you are talking about 1 individual black woman, do you have a certificate that she was sane? F'n really?

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Wishful thinking.

No, "WE" were not talking about anything, you decided to bring your partisan bovine feces into the conversation I was having with a sane member of ATS. I do not live in Chicago, have no knowledge of gun free zones, but am a history student, and f'd up politics in Chicago is the norm.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
This happened in October 2014 and there wasn't even mention of it on the local news, that I can recall. The Teen-vs-Teen murders stopped making the news a couple years ago, because they were/are so common. But you'd think that a police officer shooting a citizen (justified or not) would have at least made the nightly news.

Just goes to show you how numb the city of Chicago has become to murders, except when there's an out of the ordinary one, as shown on the video tape released today.

Thank-goodness for dashboard recordings and police body cameras. Things have come a long way since the Rodney King era, when most abuses were never seen, unless a bystander had one of the new high-end phones that recorded video.
edit on 11/24/2015 by carewemust because: edit

edit on 11/24/2015 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/24/2015 by carewemust because: edit testing this line to see how long it can be. ATS sure is generous in allowing so many words to explain a simple edit. haha. LOL.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: SouthernForkway26
a reply to: pcgamer11
Enemy combatant? War on the police? What the hell kind of psychotic brainwashing has taken over you? That whacked out mentality is more dangerous than any drug I have ever heard of.

This kid was trying to get away from the police. Hardly a declaration of war. I can't tell if you are a racist or just a steroid junkie cop who is high right now.

/flame

You summed-up exactly what I was thinking when I read that post. Well played.

The level of extremes we have been seeing lately on ATS has become a bit disturbing, regarding many issues.

"The level of extremes we have been seeing here lately..." from the guy who has only been here seven months...

I noticed a sharp increase in extremes here...about seven months ago...

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

You do honestly realize you are talking about 1 individual black woman, do you have a certificate that she was sane? F'n really?

I could eat a bowl of vegetable soup and crap a better answer than that... Yes it was one black woman. So what? Change begins with one person. And it obviously wont be her. I cant help but notice that the white woman was trying though...
edit on 24-11-2015 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
This happened in October 2014 and there wasn't even mention of it on the local news, that I can recall. The Teen-vs-Teen murders stopped making the news a couple years ago, because they were/are so common. But you'd think that a police officer shooting a citizen (justified or not) would have at least made the nightly news.

Just goes to show you how numb the city of Chicago has become to murders, except when there's an out of the ordinary one, as shown on the video tape released today.

Thank-goodness for dashboard recordings and police body cameras. Things have come a long way since the Rodney King era, when most abuses were never seen, unless a bystander had one of the new high-end phones that recorded video.

It was on the news but there was an ongoing investigation so... Lots of things make the news briefly or don't make it at all though. Like Omar Thornton, a racist mass murderer in Connecticut who killed nine white people because he thought they were racist. Doesn't it seem strange that it isn't being pounded into the ground by the anti-racism groups? I never heard jesse jackson or al shaprton say one word about it. Not one...

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Wishful thinking.

Why would you considered me a liberal?

You follow the liberal playbook word for word. If someone says something bad about a democrat immediately suggest that republicans do the same thing. Not that that matters or has any relevance on the conversation, just do it anyway. Then if you cant get them to accept your lies and inaccuracies as fact launch ad hom attacks, accuse their sources, and then turn into a whiny little girl and run crying about how insane and biased republicans are...

Did I miss anything?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join