It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laquan McDonald shooting video released in full. It ain't good.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
They let this bastard sit a desk and cash a check for a year, a whole freaking year. Knowing this scumbag murdered a citizen, EVERYONE who was on the Department who had seen this video or was on that scene should be prosecuted for Aiding and Abetting at the minimum. Hell they were obviously working together to keep it hidden, Rico Laws could come of use. Throw them under the jail! YESTERDAY!!!

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

They're keepin' it real!! Didn't you know that?

One of the signs of a decaying/sick society is a lack of common everyday courtesy. Simple politeness.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
What were they after him for in the first place anyway??? What was his crime that started it all off to begin with??

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

My thoughts are that they want a civil war period!

They (you know who) have been playing the same game worldwide and bringing down governments since the 50's. Now the game is directed here at home. Only thing in our favor is the internet didn't exist back then and more and more people are awakened because of it each day. The end game? I have no clue, but the game is afoot!

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

3 questions this video raises for me:

Will the officers claiming he "lunged at" them with the knife be disciplined for falsifying a police report?

Who deleted the audio?

Why was the Burger King surveillance footage that captured the incident deleted by a separate detective?
missing minutes raises questions

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

For what it's worth....

On this specific topic and others like it... I often hear people say things like, "They didn't have to fire all those shots after the first one injured him."

About a million years ago, when I was in sixth grade, we had a police office come in once a week for a four week period to talk to us about public safety, what police officers do and all that jazz. (In retrospect, I've sometimes wondered if that was a recruiting tool for the future or something).

Anyway, I distinctly remember, during one of the Q & A parts, someone had asked if the officer had ever had to shoot anyone. She informed the class that no, she had never had to fire her weapon. However, I distinctly remember her explaining that officers are not trained to "shoot to hurt" (like in some movies where they shoot the bad guy in the knee in order to subdue him). When an officer shoots, they are trained to shoot for the center of mass and they are directed to shoot to kill.

People may hate me for saying this, but to me, really it's not a question of how many shots are fired... but rather whether or not a shot should be fired at all.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Investigators could only attribute two of the 16 shots fired by Van Dyke as striking McDonald while he was standing. The rest — as many as 14 —struck McDonald as he lay wounded on the ground.
After emptying a 15-round magazine plus one bullet in the chamber, Van Dyke began to reload before being called of by his partner, who approached McDonald and kicked the knife away.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Which one are you referring to? There have been so many posted here that its hard to keep up.

You don't think this one was murder?

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

I understand how to shoot and how stupid the idea is of shooting the leg or arm. In real life that stuff doesn't work.

But this guy was already shot, folded up and laying on the ground dying. Seconds go by and you see again him being shot, repeatedly. That's f*cking murder man. Like I said earlier, he was shot 16 damn times. He had to go down after the first 5 or so ripped through him. The cops were only like 10 feet from him. Then they shoot him approx. 10 more times while he's on the ground. That's just insane.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

People may hate me for saying this, but to me, really it's not a question of how many shots are fired... but rather whether or not a shot should be fired at all.

I don't. It's simple truth. The first shot was the murder, the rest are, essentially meaningless. Horrifying, yes. But it's still murder. One shot, or a thousand.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Investigators could only attribute two of the 16 shots fired by Van Dyke as striking McDonald while he was standing. The rest — as many as 14 —struck McDonald as he lay wounded on the ground.
After emptying a 15-round magazine plus one bullet in the chamber, Van Dyke began to reload before being called of by his partner, who approached McDonald and kicked the knife away.

DAMN!!! Ya, I can see why they didn't want to release this video. I'm almost shocked they didn't throw a damn grenade at him. Maybe take a flame thrower or something just to make sure. What a bunch of cowards. Do they cops realize they have armor and stuff on??? Do they even know how to "apprehend" a suspect anymore??? Or are they simply just assassins now that roam our streets???

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Please understand... what I said wasn't meant to be specific to this incident in particular. More of just a general statement on what I see/hear/read way too often whenever something like this comes up.

In my first post on this thread I admitted I had not followed this particular case that closely and am only now starting to catch up on it. It does appear to me (subject to change as I learn more) that once the cork popped off this officers bottle... all restraint went out the window... well above and beyond the "shoot to kill" process that I mentioned.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

It is totally insane!

Something has to change this merry-go-round!

I'm fed up with this kind of brutality from those that are supposed to be our gate keepers and protect us.

Their system is fooked up!

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Guzzeppi

We may not agree on the specifics... but you seem to be cut from pretty much the same cloth as I am.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
Which one are you referring to? There have been so many posted here that its hard to keep up.

You don't think this one was murder?

No, the one in S. Carolina that was clearly the cop shooting the guy with no cause to do so.

There wasn't any buzz about it in the press beyond the first splash, either, so clearly, everyone more or less agreed on that. It happened right around the time of Ferguson and Freddy Gray, so it's been a while.

There was a thread about it here, and I think everyone who posted said, "Yep, that's murder."
edit on 24-11-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Damn Man that's crazy..Overkill much?

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

originally posted by: Domo1

Man I could almost believe the cop panicked when dude turned a little bit and this wasn't entirely malicious, but the continued shots were completely absurd. So was essentially bumrushing the guy.

Disclaimer: I haven't really followed this case at all so perhaps I'm speaking from a position of ignorance on this one.

That being said, you pretty much summed up my initial thoughts.

I know we will never know the answers, but I always wonder what is actually going through the players' minds in these cases. What was it exactly the cop was thinking when he pulled the trigger?

And what was going through the victim's mind? Before people jump all over me... I AM NOT SAYING THAT HE GOT WHAT HE DESERVED.... NOT AT ALL... But those were NOT the mannerisms of someone in their right mind.

I would kind of buy what you said, until the kid hit the ground, but then this douche weasel cop emptied a f'n clip into him. Cop goes to prison for life, straight up murder.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Was that the one with the dude running from is car after being pulled over for (I think) a broken tail light and getting shot in the back?

If so, I think there is a reason (a justifiable reason) that there wasn't too much media attention..... the case was clear-cut.... the cop was arrested.... and the wheels of justice moved relatively quickly.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

No one should hate you for saying it.

If you are ever in a position where you have to rely on a firearm to defend your life, no matter what you are, then you absolutely need to shoot to kill. Reality is not like the movies, and trying to play it like the movies will get you killed.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I think so.

It's only the ambiguous cases that get made into something because the controversy can drum up further violence.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join