It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laquan McDonald shooting video released in full. It ain't good.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Man I could almost believe the cop panicked when dude turned a little bit and this wasn't entirely malicious, but the continued shots were completely absurd. So was essentially bumrushing the guy.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Horrible for him and his family.

Police brutality needs to stop.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

It's strange because despite being a few officers shadowing Laquan to keep him from passers-by, only one of them fired...

And as we've seen, boy did he fire.

Now again, a few officers, circling the victim, and one of them decides it's Judge Dredd time...
All by himself and no one followed suit...

Adrenaline dump and roid rage?
Vendetta?

Gotta be one or the other because I'm not buying the fear factor if other officers (plural) didn't also at least fire one shot between them.

Crazy.
edit on 24-11-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: Spelling.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

Man I could almost believe the cop panicked when dude turned a little bit and this wasn't entirely malicious, but the continued shots were completely absurd. So was essentially bumrushing the guy.

Disclaimer: I haven't really followed this case at all so perhaps I'm speaking from a position of ignorance on this one.

That being said, you pretty much summed up my initial thoughts.

I know we will never know the answers, but I always wonder what is actually going through the players' minds in these cases. What was it exactly the cop was thinking when he pulled the trigger?

And what was going through the victim's mind? Before people jump all over me... I AM NOT SAYING THAT HE GOT WHAT HE DESERVED.... NOT AT ALL... But those were NOT the mannerisms of someone in their right mind.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I don't want to get flamed - but why is this being made out to be murder? The teen had clearly been running from the cops, they got him corralled in the center of the main street, he was walking fast, not quite a jog, with both arms down by his side, the other unit pulled in front of him and then the exchange of gun fire, it seemed to me he was shot while still upright, you can see the bullets striking the pavement creating a small cloud of dust. Then he went down, a couple more shots. The cop then came over and kicked something away from him. The victim never raised his hands and if he was holding something, especially after resisting arrest already, aren't the police at least somewhat justified in their actions? This is not blatant like some of the other police shootings of unarmed citizens.
edit on 24-11-2015 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

First bombshell: chief just said there's no audio, and there's supposed to be. He isn't saying why there isn't in this instance, only that there should have been.

Well, there is audio, you can hear the sirens, you can hear some continuous digital interface/interference seemingly like a looped midi sequence that should not be there, but there is no voice..that's kind of odd, because there is the exterior sound of the sirens, so the cabin had a sound pickup, anybody speaking should be heard.
Whatever, another cursory killing. I wonder what the rules of endangerment are enacted there, if there are any.

edit on 24-11-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

FOIA --Just goes to show you they are militarized and federalized under the US ATTY GENERAL and Pentagram in the interest of National Insecurity

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

What "exchange" of gunfire are you referring to?

ETA - how do you define "a couple?"

There were 16 gunshot wounds. Only 2 can be definitively linked to when McDonald was standing. As far as I know, 14 isn't "a couple."
edit on 24-11-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: anon72

One theory is that the MM in conjunction with groups of varying degree elites are prepping to replace LEOs with NATO forces and military, paving their way to take over the USA. Now, let me say, I don't necessarily believe this but hey, we armed ISIS...

I watched this video sans sound, but I saw the 2 bullets strike the guy while he lay obviously showing zero threat. This is horrific. What have we become?
edit on 24-11-2015 by NewzNose because: added

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

I always thought that police policy is to only shoot when your life is threatened?

Although he did have a knife, the man never made a move towards the police. In fact, he was moving away to the right, when the first shot was fired. Why is disarming a perp with a knife part of police training when all I see video after video is them killing those with one? I would love to see them actually use that training instead of killing a human being.

Shooting a man that wasn't moving towards them and threatening their life is blatant murder.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

I think the more plausible scenario is that "they" want to get rid of local police forces and replace them with and install a national police force..... because, for example, that works so swimmingly in Mexico with their federales.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
I don't want to get flamed - but why is this being made out to be murder? The teen had clearly been running from the cops, they got him corralled in the center of the main street, he was walking fast, not quite a jog, with both arms down by his side, the other unit pulled in front of him and then the exchange of gun fire, it seemed to me he was shot while still upright, you can see the bullets striking the pavement creating a small cloud of dust. Then he went down, a couple more shots. The cop then came over and kicked something away from him. The victim never raised his hands and if he was holding something, especially after resisting arrest already, aren't the police at least somewhat justified in their actions? This is not blatant like some of the other police shootings of unarmed citizens.

America! The land of the fee, and home of the "I feared for my livezz!"

Ahh, yes - I forgot I forgot, running from the cops certainly warrants the death penalty. And the kid was high on PCP?! What a disgusting, waste of human skin, worthless drug addict! He deserved to be killed!

He was even walking fast, WITH HIS ARMS BY HIS SIDES. Not even kidding BY HIS SIDES.

He could've been carrying a prototype "The Davy Crockette!"

(For those unaware, it's a portable nuclear weapon, essentially)

And finally - he never raised his hands, and IF - again, hypothetical - IF, he was holding something - it was absolutely justified!

Could you imagine American LEO's fighting real criminals such as IS?

"Um, sir, I need you to stop shooting at me - I'm fearing for my life over here."

And I know, I know. "Not all cops are bad."

Just like not all refugees are secret Muslim-terrorists.

And I'll let you in one a secret - one of the above groups is responsible for the taking of hundreds of American lives than the other.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Did he have something in his hand??? It looked like after he was shot repeatedly even though he was already on the ground (typical pigs), that they kicked something out of his hand???

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Watch his right hand, you will see him pull it out and the blade shine a few times after the car pulls up.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
Did he have something in his hand??? It looked like after he was shot repeatedly even though he was already on the ground (typical pigs), that they kicked something out of his hand???

A knife.

Oh my God, a knife!

Kill it! Shoot it! Shoot it for 16 whole seconds!

Wow. That was close.

Non-lethal means? You mean, like tasers, and rubber bullets? Ha! Tasers are for the elderly, and rubber bullets/flash bangs are for infants. Real bullets are from anything else from:

Canes
Knives
Air (or nothing at all)
Walking with a purpose
Cannabis
Making somebody scared
Happening to live at a house where a criminal did three years ago and refusing an officer to come into your home
Running away
Being high/drunk

Aggressive beatings and fighting techniques learned from watching UFC are also applicable here - especially when combatted with irate and annoying teenagers. You squat 900lbs, bro? Show that little fifteen year old what it feels like to "disobey they law."

I'm beginning to tear up. Real, American heroes.

They even call in false bomb threats and kill themselves, just so they can propagate a fake war - that they're waging against themselves.

How patriotic.

And I know - this is Murka! Where I need to either love it entirely, or get the *^%# out! And I promise, I'm working on the latter.

link   
I try to watch these videos from the perspective of a juror and I look for anything the defense might use as justification for a shooting. In almost every one of these cases, there's always enough to establish reasonable doubt and I wind up siding with the cop... but not this one. This one was murder, plain and simple.

link   

originally posted by: Guzzeppi
a reply to: mOjOm

Watch his right hand, you will see him pull it out and the blade shine a few times after the car pulls up.

Ok, so he had a knife then. It's hard to tell in the video.

I didn't realize they shot him 16 times!!! Holy crap. How many of those were when he was already on the ground ya think??? I'd say he had to go down after the first 5 at most meaning they shot this dude possibly ten more times while he lay on the ground??? Good God.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: anon72

What's happened?

Society is slowly breaking down is what is happening. Fewer people have respect for anything except themselves. And while I'm in no way saying this person who was shot was one of them, there are plenty of others and LEOs are on the front lines of dealing with the fallout and attitudes of that every. single. day.

People who cannot or will not govern themselves need to be governed - with an iron fist if necessary. And we are seeing the ugly beginnings of that. If we do not turn society around soon, it will only get worse, much worse.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Stylez1

I'm one of those apologists, if such a word applies to me...

Yet here I am condemning it.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Nope, this one is pretty much like that one in South Carolina.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join