It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New U.S. Law Allows Passport Seizure For Unpaid Taxes

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Honestly, if you owe $50,000 or more in back taxes, you best not be wasting your money traveling, but paying off your debt. Seriously, I don't see a problem with this. As far as someone whose income depends on them traveling outside the US...I am sure they could work something out judicially. Does it waste time, perhaps, but if you paid up like the rest of the patriotic citizens of your country, you would not be in that position.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

originally posted by: Telos

originally posted by: grainofsand

originally posted by: Telos
Canadian and Australian passports are considered to be the most strongest and likeable passports and yet you need one in any country you go.
I don't really know what you mean 'strongest & likeable' but as I said earlier, UK, Finland & Sweden passports will get you into more countries without a visa than any other nations passports.
Currently 173 countries will let Brits, Finns, and Swedes in just with our passports, so regardless if my Brit passport is less 'likeable' than Canadian & Australians as you assert, mine will get me into more nations than theirs will.

I think you're confusing the need for a visa to enter to a foreign country with the need to have a passport. They're totally different things.

No confusion, A British passport (and also Finnish & Swedish) will get you into more countries than any other passport without a visa, 173 to be precise.
Note, I am saying it will get you in without a visa, just the passport. That makes passports issued by UK, Finland, and Sweden more powerful than any other nations passports, including the US.

And a canadian passport can be used to enter without a visa in 170 countries. Again that's not what I said and what I'm putting forth. Traveling without a visa is not the same as traveling without a passport. You might need or not a visa, you might enter in 170 countries or in none without a visa. But you cannot enter any country without a passport. As clear as that.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Telos

We are in agreement then. I was only reiterating the point for the benefit of those in this thread (including a mod) who claimed that they could enter many countries without a passport and/or didn't need one for similar reasons.
Bull# obviously, and it needed calling out.

...170 countries with a Canadian passport eh? Only 3 less than my British passport will get me into without a visa.
UK, Finland, and Sweden, joint number one passports in the world for amount of countries that little paper book will get us into.

edit on 25.11.2015 by grainofsand because: Typo

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I'll make sure to leave when I hit $49k owed....

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
So this would put the brakes on any deportation attempts for illegal workers.

The democrats will just put a tax price on their heads and then claim they can not leave until the bill is settled.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Think this is bad, wait until they take cash away, total control then..

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Nah, I think it just means that US citizens in dispute with government over taxes risk having their passport revoked, and seeing as passports are not protected under the hallowed constitution it looks like you guys are #ed if you want to escape your government.
How did you let that happen? Unlucky guys.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I have not found anything in HR22 or SB1813 (passport section) that requires a passport for US domestic flights. I did find an article from 2012 where Russian law changed requiring a passport for domestic flights. The groups affected did not include normal travel by citizens.

The other thing I noticed about the article is the cited tax code section. The section is 40304... The source got that part wrong which makes me wonder abut the legitimacy of the article.

After looking at the news section I cant find this website credible.
edit on 30-11-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join