It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: Russian pilots who parachuted from plane being fired upon!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
As soon as I heard about this, I feared an escalation into a big war. Is there a way to actually find out (for us average joes) whether they were in Turkey or Syrian airspace?

Edit: Also, to find out if they were indeed given 10 warning as Turkey says.
edit on 24-11-2015 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: superman2012
As soon as I heard about this, I feared an escalation into a big war. Is there a way to actually find out (for us average joes) whether they were in Turkey or Syrian airspace?

Edit: Also, to find out if they were indeed given 10 warning as Turkey says.

21 warnings in 5 minutes, that's the official NATO line. The Russian plane was in Turkish airspace for around 17 seconds per loop, only the President or their deputy of a sovereign state can give the order to fire.

The Turks shot it down in Syrian airspace it appears. The Russians response may be correct, in fact, probably correct.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
agree mr Erdogan goes allllll the way...knowing NATO will support him all the way trough.....a reply to: WeRpeons

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
This situation is getting scary, let's hope that this is not the incident that triggers the third world war...

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Well, we know what happens when Putin gets mad.

Yes we most certainly do. President Obama tells him to "STFU!"

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

@ Donk - that's a cute sentiment and all, but I really have a hard time applying the "human" label to IS. Those poor guys, they just want to be able to push people off buildings and behead other folks and take child brides and attack concert halls in peace. Those dirty dirty Russians, shame on them for attacking those poor IS folks!

If you prefer to follow hatred, go ahead. That has nothing to do with it, friend. I evidently don't think in your terms. Humans have to stop killing one another, regardless of the reason.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Tthats why I never volunteered for Airborne.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

it would be nice if ISIS left everyone alone, but thats not what's happening is it? some ppl have to die, unfortunately.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
CNN reports Turkey military who shot at pilot yells out "Allahu Akbar" and laughs. If Turkey is against ISIS, it sure sounds like they're harboring some in their ranks. It certainly diminishes any kind of support for Turkey's actions.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: vjr1113

it would be nice if ISIS left everyone alone, but thats not what's happening is it? some ppl have to die, unfortunately.

It sure would. Let's hope.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

Yeah those cowards , afraid to confront two Russian pilots who probably were trained for this kind of situation , ill bet if they would've confront them on the ground several and maybe all got killed in the event.

Incorrect. As a military aviator I can tell you that most of the worlds military aircrews are trained to escape and evade and to avoid fights at all costs.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   

edit on 25-11-2015 by VictorBloodworth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: stormcell
Technically, that's a a war crime - shooting someone once they are no longer a threat and are vulnerable. Parachuting out of a plane is essentially the same as surrendering.

No "technically" about it. Shooting at downed aircrew that are falling via parachute is a violation of the Geneva convention and a war crime. Not that it matters to these people, obviously.

@ Donk - that's a cute sentiment and all, but I really have a hard time applying the "human" label to IS. Those poor guys, they just want to be able to push people off buildings and behead other folks and take child brides and attack concert halls in peace. Those dirty dirty Russians, shame on them for attacking those poor IS folks!

So is waterboarding prisoners, and all the other # America has done.
What these assholes have done is reprehensible...but stacked up against America, well..amatuers at war crimes I'd say...
Perhaps they should take up drone bombings of weddings, or something more honourable like that?

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Well it seems that airman are defenceless against this if they have to eject. . They should give those airman a wing suit so they can unhook the chair and fly away to maybe a save spot to land..

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

There are so many reasons why that simply won't work.

Maybe you should look into what air crews go into combat with.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorBloodworth

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: stormcell
Technically, that's a a war crime - shooting someone once they are no longer a threat and are vulnerable. Parachuting out of a plane is essentially the same as surrendering.

No "technically" about it. Shooting at downed aircrew that are falling via parachute is a violation of the Geneva convention and a war crime. Not that it matters to these people, obviously.

So is waterboarding prisoners, and all the other # America has done.
What these assholes have done is reprehensible...but stacked up against America, well..amatuers at war crimes I'd say...
Perhaps they should take up drone bombings of weddings, or something more honourable like that?

If you would like to discuss war crimes you believe have been committed by Americans, create a thread. This thread isn't about America.

Tangentially, the debate style of "yea but America did this thing" is unbelievably weak.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join