It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to bypass karma..

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: earthling42
Karma is what we reap through all our actions, every action leads to an outcome, that is karma.

Yes, and therefore each action and choice should be weighed carefully.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Karma is what we reap through all our actions, every action leads to an outcome, that is karma.

One does not have to if living in 'NOW" awareness (no past or future considerations) so no foul committed that would add to your Karmic stickiness.
edit on 11-12-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Free will does imply choice what does self will imply (ego?) or self preservation which is what you describe as "one can only do what is needed in the very moment", no intent; just an instinctual reactionary response to preserve your life existence.

Sorry for the delayed reply.

I would say self will implies self preservation but it is not mere instinctual, it is a negation of the immoral.
Negation can be explained as a negative violent reaction, however, if one sees the implications behind the immoral, one negates it and live morally.
In essence it is a negation of myself as, the greedy, the world improver, the successful, the dutchman, the christian, the muslim, in short, the isolated person.
In doing so, i'm non of the above, just a human being among human beings.
There is no division, me and you, they and us, therefore we are related, we live in relation.
If the observer is present, with the background through which he looks, there is division and therefore no question of relation.
Of course, we talk about the human mind, in daily live there is question of me and you, we each have our own body on the biological level.

Why is this so important to understand?
The observer as the me isolates itself, there is question of a separated attitude towards one another, out of that separation conflict and violence is born.
Hence this world we create and sustain is full of conflict and violence.
Through separation there is a ground for measurement, we measure against others, we want to be successful, want to be like him or her, want to be someone, our religion or philosophy is better, they should be saved and so on.

We hold our ancestors DNA profile; meaning all of the memories of their experiences from ages ago. The soul survives physical death as it is boundless and eternal; it occupies a human body (at will) for the experience of being a human just as it can a bird, rock..it is free to explore any existence. Generally souls travel in groups so stick to the same familial hundreds of years lineage.

Is this a buddhist teaching?

There is also this: my interpretation of Websters Encyclopedia definition; copyright 1996 by Random House.
Soul: Is the the supposed principle of life, feeling thought and action within humans, regarded as a distinct entity separate from the body commonly held to be distinct from the body awareness of itself.
Spirit: The principle of conscious life, the vital attribute to humans; animating the human body or mediating between the body and soul. The incorporeal part of humans present in spirit just are absent of a body describing IT.

The one thing we can say for sure is that it is the life principle, the non material side of living beings.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Karma is a kind of excuse which removes one from the liability of one's actions in a way similar to how going to church and begging imaginary entities in the sky for forgiveness for sin allows one to keep sinning and still supposedly go someplace better after death.

If you don't like the idea of someone doing a certain thing to you, on a moral level it is not right for you to inflict the same act onto others.

Religion is an outdated and nonsensical scam created to control children of all ages to keep them ignorant and fearful of things that do not exist anywhere but in people's imaginations for the benefit of those who run the scam.

More than once I have known people who were drug dealers when they were younger and got away with it, who are now religious leaders like evangelistic types and ministers and simply figured out where the easy money is without having to risk being accused of being criminals and ending up in prison.

They are the same as they were when they were younger.

Assholes....

Drifting off topic as I so frequently do.....

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

One does not have to if living in 'NOW" awareness (no past or future considerations) so no foul committed that would add to your Karmic stickiness.

But the 'now' always consists of 'all' time, past and future, so while one may believe the now is a separate time event, it may be spreading over all of one's existence within many time frames, perhaps affecting many future reincarnations.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

vhb: One does not have to if living in 'NOW" awareness (no past or future considerations) so no foul committed that would add to your Karmic stickiness.

InTheLight: But the 'now' always consists of 'all' time, past and future, so while one may believe the now is a separate time event, it may be spreading over all of one's existence within many time frames, perhaps affecting many future reincarnations.

This is where Buddhists and Hindu's have a jump on the (western) Christian Faith. 'Christ Consciousness' of/in belief of a savior seeks to erase KARMA for those whom entire past history was experienced as one that worshiped multiple gods; (a pagan). Jesus was to (by his sacrifice) take all of the negative karma humans incurred and swallow it with his death; and at the same time prove the soul is eternal now cleansed to be reborn anew (fresh as the newly driven snow).
edit on 12-12-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: earthling42
No Buddhist teachings applied just common sense and thanks for your thoughtful reply. Life principle is an energy form that animates flesh; the rest is all up to the human to disseminate as 'your truth' to others believed or convinced of. Thinking of becoming a 'holy man"?
edit on 12-12-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Thinking of becoming a 'holy man"?

I am what people see in me.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Thinking of becoming a 'holy man"?

I am what people see in me.

Good enough.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

vhb: One does not have to if living in 'NOW" awareness (no past or future considerations) so no foul committed that would add to your Karmic stickiness.

InTheLight: But the 'now' always consists of 'all' time, past and future, so while one may believe the now is a separate time event, it may be spreading over all of one's existence within many time frames, perhaps affecting many future reincarnations.

This is where Buddhists and Hindu's have a jump on the (western) Christian Faith. 'Christ Consciousness' of/in belief of a savior seeks to erase KARMA for those whom entire past history was experienced as one that worshiped multiple gods; (a pagan). Jesus was to (by his sacrifice) take all of the negative karma humans incurred and swallow it with his death; and at the same time prove the soul is eternal now cleansed to be reborn anew (fresh as the newly driven snow).

An oxymoron if ever there was one in the Christian faith. If God created us then that implies no pre-existence therefore there can not exist an eternal soul.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I'm not seeing any difference to be honest, buddhists follow a doctrine in order to become, christians and muslims follow a doctrine in order to be good and to be able to go to heaven instead of hell.

In both cases there is a leader, in both cases there is a reward at the end.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

vhb: This is where Buddhists and Hindu's have a jump on the (western) Christian Faith. 'Christ Consciousness' of/in belief of a savior seeks to erase KARMA for those whom entire past history was experienced as one that worshiped multiple gods; (a pagan). Jesus was to (by his sacrifice) take all of the negative karma humans incurred and swallow it with his death; and at the same time prove the soul is eternal now cleansed to be reborn anew (fresh as the newly driven snow).

InTheLight: An oxymoron if ever there was one in the Christian faith. If God created us then that implies no pre-existence therefore there can not exist an eternal soul.

This is a tough one. God is not Christian; it is a soup of binary 1's and 0's, not physical at all; just a conscious entity seeking information. You are its expression, becomes intelligent matter to explain Itself to IT what it can be or is (through you; its physical creation). It is an autistic Creator relying upon you to explain Itself to Itself.
edit on 13-12-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I'm not seeing any difference to be honest, buddhists follow a doctrine in order to become, christians and muslims follow a doctrine in order to be good and to be able to go to heaven instead of hell.
In both cases there is a leader, in both cases there is a reward at the end.

Buddhists are further along in their philosophy; they want to rejoin with the KNOWN Absolute. Christians and Muslims just desire to know their souls are eternal (huge difference) regarding enlightenment/self knowledge.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

The Apocryphon of John is not dissimilar to stories told by the Buddha on his journey to enlightenment. Any God that demands suffering is not a true God according to Buddha but an entity that mistakenly believes he is God.

How to bypass karma.... You sacrifice your lifes journey by helping others to bypass karma.
edit on 13-12-2015 by glend because: spelling

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend

The Apocryphon of John is not dissimilar to stories told by the Buddha on his journey to enlightenment. Any God that demands suffering is not a true God according to Buddha but an entity that mistakenly believes he is God. How to bypass karma.... You sacrifice your lifes journey by helping others to bypass karma.

Or one does not recognize the Karmic belief system at all (why should you; its a downer negative bummer).

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

True. Karma only makes sense to me if we all are one, so any harm you do to others, you actually do to your self.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Yes, freedom from the wheel of birth, the repetitive cycle if i'm correct... please correct me if i'm wrong.
Christians and muslims have a notion that they continue to live on as the immortal soul after physical death, hence be good, live according to 'his word'.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend

True. Karma only makes sense to me if we all are one, so any harm you do to others, you actually do to your self.

The accumulation of Karma is based upon your perceived sins (don't sin or perceive as such committed).

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Yes, freedom from the wheel of birth, the repetitive cycle if i'm correct... please correct me if i'm wrong.
Christians and muslims have a notion that they continue to live on as the immortal soul after physical death, hence be good, live according to 'his word'.

The Eastern tradition is based upon 'blind belief'; the Western allows for belief AND the rational, or science to fill in the blanks. One is mystical, the other is alchemical/magical.
edit on 14-12-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicWanderer
a reply to: CosmicWanderer

vhb: Sense of humor needed (serious).

CosmicWanderer: You have a rather confusing manner about you, if you are unaware of this fact then I apologize. However, first you tell me that no argument is required and then you tell me that a sense of humor is necessary. Both statements are, in fact, true for life in a general sense. I find it interesting that there is this argument like ego and karma go right together and I suppose, in some ways, they do, but at the same time they don't. Ah, the quantum nature of our reality is ever-present and always at work.

Ego and Karma are wished by OTHERS in control to be intertwined as Ego results in a negative Karmic residual (energetic FOOD SOURCE). The dogma is flawed in its origin (premise is if one cleanses oneself of ego one automatically gets rid any more accumulation of Karma). Not so; both need each other to push this false Dogma forward as spiritual enslavement one cannot remove oneself from if indoctrinated into this belief system.

You're assuming that karma and ego are mutually exclusive. If you remove ego from all existence. Karma would still exist. Karma is essentially the force that balances everything out. If you remove ego and start treating others how you would want to be treated then karma rewards you. However, if you remove karma, then ego would be out of control. Let's say one person (a monk) removes ego, then their behavior would not be of any consequence or garnish 'bad' karma....the inverse cannot be true

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join