It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: ISIS is turning us into parrots.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Have you heard about latest tragedy? everyone who hasn't lived in a cave for the past week will know what I'm talking about.

My cat got injured.

I know-how can my injured cat relate to the latest tragedy in Paris? Because I chose to talk about my cat instead of regurgitating the same stories and half baked conspiracies over and over and over again.

'Did the US create ISIS?'

'Were the Paris attacks a false flag?'

'Are refugees ISIS sleeper cells?'

'ISIS, ISIS ISIS?

Everybody has a opinion, a theory or a thought. The moment that the news broke some folk suddenly became pseudo journalists with their 'breaking news' that was already covered, but that was followed by threads that pretend to be grounded discussions about the implications of...

Enough is enough. There are no brownie points for being the first to cover a tragedy. My blood boiled when I logged on to ATS and I saw that most of the new threads were about Paris. People have died! Yes there is a time and a place for this type of discussion but if there is a dedicated thread then why start an new thread such as 'why X is the reason for Y' or 'How Y is going to start WW3'

Enough with the 'look at me!' threads as there is someone that has already beaten you to the story; this is not your round table and your thoughts can be expressed in a pre existing thread.

And yes I do recognize the irony.
edit on 24-11-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-11-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Poor kitty

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
And yes I do recognize the irony.

Your last sentenced snubbed the comment I was going to make.
I wish your cat a speedy recovery.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
ah well, it's ATS.
lots of people want to give their 2 cents, and even more people think they have all the answers to something that JUST happened.
I kinda like seeing all the different thoughts pop out at once, it helps give you an idea of what the general feeling is about a given situation.
just take everything with more than a pinch of salt.

Now if you'll excuse me i have to start a thread about how ISIS might be targeting domestic cats...

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: zilebeliveunknown

The cat is recovering well, but my blood pressure is rising.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I like cats, but I can't eat a whole one. Dogs are a different thread.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

You just started another thread about it, too. But I'm guessing you're less main stream propaganda oriented than those who's duty it is to spew more of the same main stream here.

Its less about being the first and more being the ones to control the flow of conversation.

I love raining on the onward marching parade to war… out there others that are tired of main street parades are listening. They are dying to hear an alternative opinion. Thats why they come here.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: kenzohattori69

LOL ! ! ! ! Poor kitty... that made me laugh; I do hope for a speedy recovery however

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
It's because if your first you get all the stars... That's what ATS boils down to now a days.

People act like talking about it is going to change the world, when in reality it's just making everything worse by playing telephone. It just allows for the distortion of truth to the point where no one really knows what the truth is anymore just opinions and here say.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: zilebeliveunknown

The cat is recovering well, but my blood pressure is rising.

I'm glad to hear that.
You can always switch the channel if you don't like the programme.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Enough is enough. There are no brownie points for being the first to cover a tragedy. My blood boiled when I logged on to ATS and I saw that most of the new threads were about Paris. People have died! Yes there is a time and a place for this type of discussion but if there is a dedicated thread then why start an new thread such as 'why X is the reason for Y' or 'How Y is going to start WW3'

Roughly 3200 people die in car crashes everyday and we move on with our lives as if they never happen(at least for those unaffected) why should the killings in Paris be given a medal of respect above every other atrocious current event? Should we pause the discourse on prevention of car crashes for every car crash victim? I think not.

I understand your sentiments, I felt the same way seeing the threads but this is to be expected. To call everyone talking about this hot topic on ATS tragedy vampires is missing the intention of most people in those threads. Most people I would presume want a solution to the problem of religious extremism how we go about that is a big reason I think we discuss these events.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
BREAKING: ISIS is turning us into parrots...Awk!

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

If ISIS has the power to turn us all into colorful birds, then we are all doomed.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Chickens aren't that colorful....Some of the roosters, maybe.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Chickens aren't that colorful....Some of the roosters, maybe.

If I ask nicely, maybe they can turn me into a peacock.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Hey, they turned Obama into one...So, it's definitely an option.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

when people claim the internet is too internet... dude ur on the internet. it's 100% opinions.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I'm glad your cat will be ok. I'm serious about that. I have 2 myself. I also think I had just put up a thread about online internet speed testers that night..I had forgotten it until now. I think that stories like Paris really trump cats and ISPs.

The opinions and theories you listed belong here...most of us are conspiracy theorists. Multiple threads may come from such a MASSIVE event in order to not create thread drift on one aspect of it.

edit on 24-11-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

top topics

join