It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'World's Largest Cloning' Factory to Open in China 2016

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
They want to start by cloning Japanese cows to "help control the price of beef in the Chinese market" (I thought that's what cats and dogs are for over there? KIDDING). The article also mentions they hope to "mass-clone" Horses (although not in those words)

China wants the biggest and baddest everything lately (thread I made Oct. 30th about the largest particle collider in the world - 2X the size of LHC, which China plans to build in the near future Thread)

www.inverse.com... aign=promoted

China will soon be home to the largest animal cloning facility in the world, where everything from cattle to domestic pets will be factory-engineered starting in 2016. A subsidiary of Boyalife, a biotech conglomerate with operations spanning 16 Chinese provinces, will be leading the operation alongside South Korea’s Sooam Biotech Research Foundation and two other Chinese research institutions.

Pending an injection of 200 million Yuan, or $31 million, the facility will begin with production of Japanese cows, which according to Dr. Xu Xiaochun, chairman and CEO of Boyalife, might help control the price of beef in the Chinese market.

Hermm...

The facility will contain a gene bank, a science education exhibit hall, and a cloned animal center. Sooam, the South Korean biotech corporation supplying a helping hand to Boyalife, has been in the for-profit business of cloning dogs since 2005.

Just thinking about all that extra boeuf is giving me a lil itch

edit on 24-11-2015 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-11-2015 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
It's a great idea. Take the most healthy stock and use as a base for food production.

I read of a couple who had their dog cloned. It was only to produce one offspring but instead, produced two. The dogs weren't identical to the host dog and I was surprised at the difference. I guess I imagined the Star Trek episode - I, Mudd:

But instead:

Ken (far left) and Henry are clones of Melvin (far right). Phillip Dupont (pictured) said Melvin was “different.” Via Paula Dupont/NPR

petcha.com...

I have a cat I would love to clone. The most amicable, mellow, perfect cat. I can't afford the price tag of 100K so I hope it will drop dramatically soon.

I think China and many countries could take this step in producing their meat products instead of raping the planet of it's remaining creatures.

It'll be interesting to see how this progresses.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Food for thought: I hope the genetic "technician" doesn't sneeze on the sample

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

How China views itself (in the emerging industry of CLONING TECH):

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

The next great debate will be wether or not something that is cloned has a soul or not.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

The next great debate will be wether or not something that is cloned has a soul or not.

Why would that be debatable? There's no evidence for the soul to begin with.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Cloning cows.. they still need to be fed. Yeah, lets make more cows to eat in a world already over run with hungry people. Let's use more of that potential farmland so the cows can graze and eat before being turned into Big Mac's. What a grand future that promises.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Surely there is no need to clone cows. They could just breed them.

I have conflicting views about cloning. It could be useful to save a species from extinction, or bring back extinct species. I have always liked the idea of cloning myself, and trying to create a perfect version of myself hehe.

There's the thing about the Asgard aliens in Stargate, that they are clones, of clones, of clones, and a copy of a copy degrades with each copy of a copy.

There are many unknowns, just like with genetic engineering, and the possibility of damaging or destroying all of the species if the GM or cloned genetics becomes widespread and corrupts the genepool of that species. There are unforeseen consequences which could result in a chain reaction that could end all life on earth. So there's that.

Then there's the whole idea of a clone army like in Star Wars, or the clones from the movie The Island, which are considered property rather than an actual human being with human rights like every other human.

edit on 24-11-2015 by Paradeox because: Editing.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I read a report a few days ago that China was against GMO's. I would say cloning is no less risky. Can't wait for the "end of the world" scenarios that will come out of this.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Cloning cows.. they still need to be fed. Yeah, lets make more cows to eat in a world already over run with hungry people. Let's use more of that potential farmland so the cows can graze and eat before being turned into Big Mac's. What a grand future that promises.

They need to be fed and they need to poop. More cows won't help China's pollution woes with all that additional methane.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

They need to be fed and they need to poop. More cows won't help China's pollution woes with all that additional methane.

they could just clone buffalo or bison instead. almost no methane.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
So Dr. Venture has convinced the Chinese to build him a new cloning facility? More Hank and Dean on the way!

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
It 's under the WISDOM of the Chinese and their brilliant technology ,what could go wrong?

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
It 's under the WISDOM of the Chinese and their brilliant technology ,what could go wrong?

MAn eating cows? lol!!

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen

It's a debate only if you think twins and triplets (natural clones) may or may not be soulless.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
It's a great idea. Take the most healthy stock and use as a base for food production.

I have a cat I would love to clone. The most amicable, mellow, perfect cat. I can't afford the price tag of 100K so I hope it will drop dramatically soon.

I think China and many countries could take this step in producing their meat products instead of raping the planet of it's remaining creatures.

It'll be interesting to see how this progresses.

It will also provide some data for how genes express themselves. It's well known that identical human twins can have different genetic diseases (one contracts cancer while the other does not - or one contracts diabetes while the other does not) and different health conditions. I agree with you that it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

I also agree, though, that China will find some unintended consequences.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

In the movie Cloud Atlas, the 2144 part covers issue of clones in futuristic Korea.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

join