It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald trump. Was he wrong about dancing muslims in new jersey?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

"welfare recipients" isn't a race.

except on the 1st and 15 of every month.

and yes don has taken the bailouts because he can not say no and he loves bankruptcy

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: yuppa

I say there were definitely some Muslims in America celebrating after 9/11. It wasn't a huge number, but Trumps not wrong. The problem Trump has is that his views don't fit the 'official' narrative.

I suppose I don't really care one way or the other, but I do appreciate that Trump is willing to shake things up. I would rather he be wrong than another boring candidate.

So honesty is not a consideration for you in the President (or in this case, potential President) of the United States?

What was your issue with Obama and Clinton again? Beside their political party, natch.

In my opinion, what Trump said, while utterly absurd and with no basis in fact, is exactly what most right-wingers want to hear. His blatant lies are in fact "politics as usual" on the Right. In my opinion.

OMG! You mean to tell me a POTUS or presidential candidate has lied? Since you obviously have a bias against republicans (natch), you mean Obama didn't lie when he was campaigning? Like when he said back in 2008 that he would close Guantanamo? Or get us completely out of Dubya's wars? Or, if elected, making his administration the most transparent in US history?

Or this whopper by Obama, if you don't count the vacations in Hawaii or Martha's Vineyard:
"FLASHBACK: Obama Promises No Vacations For Himself As President [VIDEO]"
Read more: dailycaller.com...

edit on 11jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

40 years ago, and the charges were dropped. This is why you call him a racist? That's not good enough.

That's not why I call him racist. I didn't even know about the lawsuit until I looked it up this morning to verify it for myself. The charges were not dropped until he complied.

There are white African Americans And black non-Africans.

LOL! That's where you're going with this? Jeez! That's just funny. Like you think it's possible he was sued because he wasn't renting to white Africans... I guess, tell yourself whatever you need to to maintain your position.

I don't need to justify my OPINIONS of him to anyone. There are 50 things he's said and done that make me think he's a racist and a bigot. You'll just have to live with that.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

LOL! That's where you're going with this? Jeez! That's just funny. Like you think it's possible he was sued because he wasn't renting to white Africans... I guess, tell yourself whatever you need to to maintain your position.

That's not what I'm saying at all, I was correcting your use of the term. I find your terminology racist for those very reasons I stated. You're just going to have to live with that.

edit on 25-11-2015 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I was correcting your use of the term.

That term came from the quote of the source I posted. That's what he was sued for. And I will use whatever term I prefer.

You're just going to have to live with that.

Not a problem.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

He is a complete racist... and a complete tool too.
Anyone with half a brain and who actually listens to what he says can see it, everyone else is either wilfully ignorant, agrees with Trump and shares his views or is trolling.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup
Anyone with half a brain and who actually listens to what he says can see it, everyone else is either wilfully ignorant, agrees with Trump and shares his views or is trolling.

My theory on this is that Trump talks in very general terms about his opinions, so that people can "fill in the blanks" with their own assumptions and feel that Donald represents them. He dog-whistles his bigotry, saying things about "thousands and thousands of Muslims" or re-tweeting that false anti-black statistic that was on Dylann Roof's manefesto, and uses hyperbolic language that piques the interest of a certain segment of society.

He stays away from specifics, preferring to tell people to "trust" him, give them a few bigoted comments to relate to, and just claim that he's gonna be GRRRRRRREAT! with every possible segment of society!

And his supporters trust him, even though he's is the epitome of the sleazy, slimy underbelly of Big Business purchasing the governance of the people.

Strange world we live in.

Source
Trust Me!
edit on 11/25/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills
Why do I and my family and friends need a video of something that is firmly planted in our minds.
Yesterday I called all the people that I discussed this topic with on the DAY IT HAPPENED and they confirm it WAS NOT
figment of my imagination be it propaganda by local medias or not IT WAS ON a variety of news channels ..... Can't find the videos maybe they pulled them don't know don't care ...and I can assure you I have 100% of my faculties. Take it for what it is I really don't care.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: starlitestarbrite

Then the only people in this world who saw such a sight are you, your family, and Trump.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills
Ha ha your a nutbag! Enjoy your Holiday!!!

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Specifically I am opposed to the Orwellian policy you linked to earlier.

Specifically, what is it about his policies that you think are Orwellian?

Were the Japanese internment camps also only Orwellian?

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

40 years ago, and the charges were dropped.

The charges were not dropped:

...allegations of racism amount to recurring themes in his larger-than-life career.

He later took the uncommon step of suing the Justice Department for defamation, seeking $100 million in damages. His lawyer was Roy Cohn, the infamous former Joseph McCarthy aide, who was known for his hard-ball tactics.

Cohn called up the federal official in charge of the case -- J. Stanley Pottinger, the head of DOJ’s Civil Rights division -- to demand that the lawyer handling the lawsuit be fired. Pottinger told The Huffington Post that his reaction at the time was “I don’t think so. That’s up to me and that’s not going to happen. I called [lawyer] Donna [Goldstein] into my office and said, ‘Keep up the good work.’” The suit, which Pottinger called a “media gimmick done for local consumption,” was dismissed and the judge criticized Cohn for “wasting time and paper from what I consider to be the real issues” - discriminating against blacks in apartment rentals.

Two years later, Trump Management settled the case, promising not to discriminate against blacks, Puerto Ricans and other minorities. As part of the agreement, Trump was required to send its list of vacancies in its 15,000 apartments to a civil-rights group, giving them first priority in providing applicants for certain apartments, according to a contemperaneous New York Times account. Trump, who emphasized that the agreement was not an admission of guilt, later crowed that he was satisfied because it did not require them to “accept persons on welfare as tenants unless as qualified as any other tenant.”

But the company didn’t sufficiently fulfill its promise, because three years later, the Justice Department charged Trump Management with continuing to discriminate against blacks through such tactics as telling them that apartments were not available. As part of its demands, the government asked that victims of discrimination be compensated and that Trump Management continue to report to the Justice Department on its compliance. Cohn lashed out, according to the New York Times, claiming that the court motion was “nothing more than a rehash of complaints by a couple of planted malcontents.”

But the problem persisted, prompting New York City’s human rights commission to regularly dispatch investigators to search for examples of discriminatory rental practices in Trump-owned buildings. Trump was not amused, telling the New York Times that the investigation was a “form of horrible harassment.”

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

The one you specifically linked me to earlier. Did you read it? If you did, then you know which one I was talking about.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Another link to another liberal hit-piece mentioning something that happened 40 years ago. Was he convicted of anything?

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
As New Jersey resident and former Paterson native, which now has a large Middle Eastern population, I will offer my anecdotal observations.

On 9/11 I found myself at Garrett Mountain in Paterson, which has an unimpeded view of Manhattan, watching as the towers came down. There were rumors that Middle Easterners were wildly celebrating in the streets and, from my vantage point on the mountain I was able to overlook Main Street which is where the vast proportion of Middle Eastern immigrants have settled. There was nothing happening there.

The next day I went to Main Street to pick up food, but really just to see what the sentiment was there. To call it somber would be an understatement.

Now I know Trump said in his comments that what he saw was in Jersey City, which is across from lower Manhattan, but I have yet to see evidence of any wide-spread celebrations. Do I think some assholes may have been happy? Of course. Do I think it was happening in the thousands? No, I do not.

edit on 26-11-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
The reality is, IF there were clear celebrations on video in NJ, there would have been a bunch of patriotic americans headed there in pickups to find those people who were on video and mete out justice.

Since there weren't a bunch of vigilantes headed that way, or even arrests, either EVERYONE (including law enforcement, military etc.) sat back and accepted this celebration without complaint (seems unbelievable given the mood), or it never happened.

In other words it either didn't happen, or we are all guilty of being totally complacent about it.

Not saying there weren't some happy muslims, just that they wouldn't have made it through such a public spectacle unscathed in that raw climate.
edit on 26-11-2015 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Not an answer to my question. I know you're literate - so you must have other reasons for not answering. Why are you such a scaredy cat?

:-)

I asked:
Specifically, what is it about his policies that you think are Orwellian? Were the Japanese internment camps also only Orwellian?

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Another link to another liberal hit-piece mentioning something that happened 40 years ago. Was he convicted of anything?

It's information regarding the actual case. Everyone can read for themselves what I posted. You choose to see it as a hit piece - OK. The facts exist all over the internet - not just at HuffPo.You can go see for yourself. In fact, I'm surprised you didn't before you posted

He wasn't exonerated - which is what you claimed:
40 years ago, and the charges were dropped.

edit on 11/26/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Now I know Trump said in his comments that what he saw was in Jersey City, which is across from lower Manhattan, but I have yet to see evidence of any wide-spread celebrations. Do I think some assholes may have been happy? Of course. Do I think it was happening in the thousands? No, I do not.

I do remember clips of this kind of thing coming in from other regions around the world. It's entirely possible that Trump is too stupid to know the difference, or is willfully ignorant - or just doesn't give a rats ass

He's going to say whatever he wants and knows that fact checking is for the opposing teams - his team is just going to buy whatever he's selling

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

I do remember clips of this kind of thing coming in from other regions around the world. It's entirely possible that Trump is too stupid to know the difference, or is willfully ignorant - or just doesn't give a rats ass

I saw those as well. They all appeared to be in the Middle East. I can tell you fro a fact that it did not happen in Paterson, N.J. and I am a bit doubtful it happened in Jersey City as well.

He's going to say whatever he wants and knows that fact checking is for the opposing teams - his team is just going to buy whatever he's selling

Well, I can give him the benefit of the doubt and say he 'mis-remembered' as I know many people here in New Jersey, from both sides of the spectrum, that have the same issue. They insist there were happy Muslims dancing around Main Street in Paterson and elsewhere.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join