It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald trump. Was he wrong about dancing muslims in new jersey?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I thought it was dancing Israelis?

Blackmarketeer beat me, I didnt read whole thread before knee jerk replying =/
edit on 24-11-2015 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: starlitestarbrite

My family and I WATCHED this on the local news, now I am not just talking Fox news
I am talking CBS.. NBC.... They reported and showed video of people dancing and chanting in middle of the streets in the towns of Paterson N.J. and in the near by town of Totawa N.J. along with Passic N.J. WE saw this aired so he's telling the truth as to what was aired on the news. I don't know anything about roof top parties or if it was in the thousands or hundreds. We were so disturbed by this it will always stick in my mind and the hearts of my family.
He's not lying. I don't know if the news fabricated what they were showing, but hey how are we supposed to know what really happened you take it for what you see.

True,but it just shows you how th emedia can lie and sanitize their archives these days since they claim they cant find any proof of it.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
First off religion has nothing to do with RACE.

I know that, neo. I'm not stupid. I wasn't talking about religion with that comment. I'm talking about race. He's a racist.

And yeah there were 'muslims' celebrating 9-11 just as they were when Paris was attacked.

"Thousands and thousands" of them dancing in the street? No. Didn't happen.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

I thought it was dancing Israelis?

Blackmarketeer beat me, I didnt read whole thread before knee jerk replying =/

They did it too. prollly for more funding coming their way not because the towers. They could had been dancing because they thought it wouldmake the US more sympathetic to their way of thinking. Althouth those were punished by their government later.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Trump is showing signs of narcissism. He conflates something he read about into something he personally witnessed.

This article does a good job of getting to the root of the whole "dancing middle easterners in NJ" meme.
Trump Is Tapping Into One of the Oldest 9/11 Urban Legends

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Here is the update from the Washington Post article:

Update: Some readers have tweeted to The Fact Checker a Washington Post article from Sept. 18, 2001, as evidence of Trump’s claim. The article, which appeared on page 6, described FBI probes in northern New Jersey after the attacks, saying in the 15th paragraph that “law enforcement authorities detained and questioned a number of people who were allegedly seen celebrating the attacks and holding tailgate-style parties on rooftops while they watched the devastation on the other side of the river.”

Of course, “a number of people” obviously does not equal “thousands” — and “allegedly” indicates there is no video footage or other proof that celebrations actually took place. Recall that Trump claimed he saw this on television — and that it was “well covered at the time.” This newspaper article appeared days later.

The reporters who wrote the story do not recall whether the allegations were ever confirmed. “I certainly do not remember anyone saying that thousands or even hundreds of people were celebrating,” said Serge Kovaleski, one of the reporters. “That was not the case, as best as I can remember.”​

Fredrick Kunkle, the other reporter, added: “I specifically visited the Jersey City building and neighborhood where the celebrations were purported to have happened. But I could never verify that report.”

(The right-leaning Powerline blog made a big deal about this sentence–as did Trump later–but as the reporters’ comments make clear, there is no evidence the alleged celebration ever took place.)

Irfan Khawaja, an assistant professor of philosophy at Felician College in New Jersey, extensively attempted to trace the rumors of celebrations by Muslims in New Jersey and after months of inquiry (in an article with Gary Fine) came up with only the possibility that “a few Arab-American adolescents briefly relieved their political frustration in front of a library in South Paterson, a way that might be defined as celebrating.”

In an interview, Khawaja said that after extensive research, it was possible that maybe six to 12 teenagers had something akin to a celebration on the morning of 9/11 in Paterson, but they quickly dispersed. But even that is doubtful. “The evidence is very, very sparse that anything took place,” he said. “The bottom line is that Donald Trump is lying, if you look at what he said.” (Khawaja elaborated on his findings in a blog post.)

Further Update: We heard from many readers who are convinced they saw this on television but from their description they are referring to reports (linked above) of Palestinians celebrating on the Israeli-occupied West Bank. Here is the video again:

People are mis-remembering the Palestinian footage and applying it to 911, according to the Post. No celebrations could be verified by law enforcement OR journalists.

The story is bogus.

What I personally see, is very very dangerous. If anyone thinks we are somehow above atrocity, that we are somehow unable to repeat the mistakes of the past, should listen to what comes out of his mouth with great fear and sorrow.

First, he wants ALL MUSLIMS to have to be on a REGISTRY. The VAST majority of Muslims are good, law abiding people, just like you and me. They have a different religion. So what? Why should they have to give up their rights to salve the inflated teeth-gnashing of fear-mongerers? Would YOU want to have to sign a registry of your religion because the Government thinks you might possibly could be a terrorist because of your religion? Extremists exist in all religions, should we all give up our rights because of the whack-jobs?? He's willing to shut down Mosques, AGAINST the Constitution and its protection for religious freedom. He says we may have to talk about and do some things that "aren't comfortable." Imagine your church or place of worship being shut down because "your kind" MIGHT JUST BE agents of evil??
HOW is this making America GREAT again??? Sigh. This is a bit of a rant. My apologies. My brain must be addled from hitting my head against the wall repeatedly upon hearing all this lovely propaganda.

peace,

AB
edit on 24-11-2015 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: starlitestarbrite

Then where are the videos? So far the verdicts in that he's a liar, even ruled False by Politofact.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I'm talking about race. He's a racist.

And just what 'makes' him racist prey tell?

edit on 24-11-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

As I stated he was being *mostly* honest so your entire rebuttal is a non-sequitur. He didn't lie.

I also wasn't saying I support Trump...just that he wasn't boring like the rest of those stiffs. I am a Libertarian so it is unlikely I will vote for anyone from either of your political parties.

edit on 2015/11/24 by Metallicus because: Fixed Spelling Error

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Trump is making blanket, misleading, hate and fear inciting statements that unfortunately are appealing to certain segments of the Republican party. The scary part is there might be enough people buying his lies to get him the Republican nomination.

It doesn't really matter all politicians on this big of a stage lie, plot and scheme and Donald Trump is no different.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

You can't actually be serious with that question?

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

Yeah I want to know what makes Trump/GOP racist for holding illegal immigrants to the letter of the law.

I mean if they get to pick, and choose what laws they want to obey.

Then every one else gets too.

After all that is why we have congress. To write laws.

When a group of people don't have to follow the law then what is the point of congress?

Which has exactly nothing to do with 'race'.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Hmmmm

I suppose him Tweeting/Retweeting Neo Nazi propaganda is not racist.

I mean he can't check the facts and source before he Retweets and supports stuff, why would he.... not like he's a presidential candidate or anything? Oh....wait.

I mean yeah.... most Mexicans are rapists and criminals too right?

Seriously dude.... I don't think you'd get many leaders or presidential candidates in many other civilised countries saying some of the stuff he does.
He's a racist, fascist and an utter prick of a man.

edit on 24/11/15 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
It is clear that the media the democrats, establishment republicans and MSM are working overtime to find dirt on Trump.

If this petty trivial crap is all they can can come up with, Trump has a cleaner background than I ever would have imagined.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

Yeah how about stop 'retweeting' propaganda' ?

Black on black violence is a fact.

"I think there’s fear of intimidation, harassment being legitimized by the fact that there is a high rate of crime, especially among young black men," Williams said. "No. 1 cause of death, young black men 15 to 34 — murder. Who’s committing the murder? Not police. Other black men."

www.politifact.com...

Oh damn Juan Williams must be 'racist'.

The numbers came from a 2007 U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics report, which stated that blacks were victims of 7,999 homicides in 2005 and said that 93 percent were killed by people who shared their race. (It wasn’t clear to us where the blogger’s 9,000 figure came from.)

www.politifact.com...

So WHAT THE HELL ever.

Trump haters are gonna hate him no matter what.

Some would call that being a BIGOT.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Find dirt on him? They're, we're, merely responding to his outrageous comments. His says stupid things daily.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I'm talking about race. He's a racist.

I think the fact that Trump's rhetoric sounds Nazish in nature is a pretty big giveaway, but hey I know how you argue so I'm actually curious how you are going to rationalize this tidbit away. Otherwise I wasn't going to say anything.

Also, I find it interesting that you called that tweet from a Neo-Nazi website merely "propaganda".
edit on 24-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I think the fact that Trump's rhetoric sounds Nazish in nature is a pretty big giveaway, but hey I know how you argue so I'm actually curious how you are going to rationalize this tidbit away

Pretty damn easy too since the people that are going around throwing the words,' Racist,Nazi' don't know what the hell they mean.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Way to not disappoint me Neo! Never mind that Trump blatantly took some propaganda from a neo-nazi website. Never mind that registering all Muslims is terrifyingly similar to how the nazis made all the jews wear yellow stars. Never mind the all encompassing rhetoric he uses to describe not only Muslims, but Mexicans as well. Yep, you managed to disregard ALL of that and tell us that we don't know what a racist or a Nazi is. Awesome. It's always interesting to read your opinions for reasons.

PS: I'm not planning on arguing with you because I know that is futile.
edit on 24-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Trump is right that he saw thousands of Muslims dancing in NJ.

Alicia Esteve Head can even back up Trump's story.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join