It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Bracing for "Possible Riots" with Video of White Cop Shooting Black Teen

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bachrk

Apologies ahead of time somewhat O.T.
My husband and I are flying into Chicago tomorrow through Monday. We love the restaurants. We're staying around the usual spot on the Magnificent Mile. Sooo, we obviously won't have our firearms that we carry daily here at home. I always feel "off" when I'm not carrying.

Anyway, if any of my fellow ATS members live and are licensed to carry in Chicago I sure wouldn't mind exchanging phone numbers should there be any problems arise, which I don't foresee, but it's always good to know someone in the area. Just shoot me a message. BTW I do love to eat at Star of Siam on 11 E Illinois St and we normally walk there at night. It does seem a seedy in that area. Any thoughts because I freak over their Cashew Chicken.

Pun intended? Lol

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo
a reply to: LSU0408

Nobody to blame here but the parent(s).

Nobody? Not even the guy who shot him 16 times and continued to fire while he was on the ground dead?

Do you prefer that the cop run away next time? Have you ever dealt with a person on a heavy dose of speed? It all starts at home. I can guarantee you the kid wasn't disciplined. He was probably also taught to hate police, or believed they were just out to get him for being black.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

am sure that later is a negative.

You really should not assume. i did grow up in 70s and 80s.. The cop is being indicted for murder and held without bond..

That says alot. So why do you just automatically believe he was high on PCP or lunging at a cop or anything else?

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

Nobody? Not even the guy who shot him 16 times and continued to fire while he was on the ground dead?

Do you prefer that the cop run away next time? Have you ever dealt with a person on a heavy dose of speed? It all starts at home. I can guarantee you the kid wasn't disciplined. He was probably also taught to hate police, or believed they were just out to get him for being black.

Again explain why a grand jury indicted him and he is being held without bond?

How does the cop know he is high on speed until after the shooting? After every single shooting the cops always sat the guy was high on something..

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Dang PCP is scary stuff lol.. Did the cop know he was on PCP before shooting him 16 times? So why would it matter?

Just an FYI,

Someone witnessing the effects of PCP use may observe the person staring blankly or showing rapid eye movements. In some cases, the person using PCP will be perfectly still for long periods without responding to stimulation.

A low dose of PCP between 1 and 5 mg will lead to symptoms including:

Numbness and relaxation.
A sense of well-being and euphoria.
Problems concentrating.
Slurred speech.
Loss of motor coordination.
Misperceptions of abilities including strength, speed, and invulnerability.
Odd, erratic, or unexpected behaviors.

A higher dose of PCP can lead to other effects including:

Seeing things that are not present.
Hearing things that are not there.
Delusions of grandeur with inflated sense of importance.
Higher blood pressure and heart rate.
Breathing problems.
Raised body temperature.
Anxiety, panic, and feeling extreme worry.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Well, this makes the (2) of us; here is a link, also fyi link if you watched the video; the narrator clearly advises that there was PCP in the perps system,

""An autopsy report showed that McDonald was shot 16 times, including at least twice in his back. The report also said PCP, a hallucinogenic drug, was found in McDonald's system. Officers had trailed McDonald after receiving calls about a man wielding a knife and at one point the teen """"

am sure that later is a negative.

You really should not assume. i did grow up in 70s and 80s.. The cop is being indicted for murder and held without bond..

That says alot. So why do you just automatically believe he was high on PCP or lunging at a cop or anything else?

edit on 24-11-2015 by ReadLeader because: scccccc

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Dang PCP is scary stuff lol.. Did the cop know he was on PCP before shooting him 16 times? So why would it matter?

Just an FYI,

Someone witnessing the effects of PCP use may observe the person staring blankly or showing rapid eye movements. In some cases, the person using PCP will be perfectly still for long periods without responding to stimulation.

Numbness and relaxation.
Problems concentrating.
Slurred speech.

Breathing problems.
Raised body temperature.

So does alot of drugs, and alcohol, you cant empty your clip because you think he might be high..

It really has to be a bad shoot and a very bad video for him be charged with 1st degree murder and held without bond right?

Why is it so hard to believe he murdered the guy and deserves to go to jail?

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTruthBruhh

originally posted by: Edumakated
By the way, I am in Chicago. If we could get even a 1 / 10th of the same outrage and response from the community when it is black on black violence as we do when a white cop shoots a black kid, maybe we wouldn't be coming up on 450 murders this year, most of which are black males.

That's it, right there. I don't understand why the death of a black person is more important when it's done at the hands of a white man. It's like the quality of your death depends on the race of the one that killed you. That sets us back so far as a unified nation.

Who said that you just sound like a racist biggot its the fact that cops are shooting anybody at all that gets people riled up.
People kill people all the time regardless of race it doesnt get reported so stop crying and let people who have been oppressed for years have a moment to be mad. Stop focusing on the wrong thing your sounding like a media sheeple.

Live above the influence

Man, I can't tell if you're trolling as the bad spelling/punctuation/grammar progressive, or if you're just a progressive with bad sentence structure, bad punctuation, and bad grammar. At any rate, I like tuhtels

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
Here are several points that do not bode well and that does not hold to reason, based off of this article:

1) Was there an medical autopsy performed by the young mans family, including tox screen that can confirm what the cornorer's report showed? This point above all else is crucial, as the police did lie on the report, could the medical examiner who works for the city, could he have been mistaken?

2) If the officers were innocent, why did the city offer a 5 million dollar settlement in exchanged for not being sued?

3) Now I do understand as to why they did not want this information let out, however, did they hide it from the family and their attorney?

Those three things tend to stick out in my mind as something of the police trying to hide something, and possible wrong doing.

Not taking sides as I really haven't been following the case.

1) Don't know. I'd be surprised if the ME is willing to lie. Kid either was high on PCP or he wasn't. No one seems to be contesting this fact so my guess is the parents knew the kid liked to use drugs.

2) Sometimes it is cheaper to pay the lawyers to go away even if you are innocent. This is nothing new. Many lawyers make a good living getting companies and government to pay settlement money. Even if you win a case, you still incur the cost of the defense which could be way more than any smaller settlement offered. Given the optics police have had to deal with over the past couple of years, the probably figured it wasn't worth fighting.

3) The video may not look good. Sometimes videos don't tell the whole story.

I get the feeling the police felt like the cop probably freaked out, but wasn't necessary wrong for shooting the guy. the question is did he really have to let off 16 hot ones? The video probably says he didn't. However, real life isn't like the movies where a cop can shoot the knife out the guys hand while flying through the air. It only takes a few secs to empty 16 rounds out a semi-auto.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

How does the cop know he is high on speed until after the shooting? After every single shooting the cops always sat the guy was high on something..

Because normally they are high on something. You act like white cops just walk up to black people and start shooting for no reason. I can't tell you why the grand jury indicted him, all I can do is assume and speculate like you're doing. I don't think people are saying the cop shot the guy for being high on PCP. They're saying he was high on PCP and had a weapon in his hand.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

FYI, a clip is a movie- you are eluding to a magazine; why do you keep denying the fact that the perp was on PCP - here is a reccomendation, do a complete search of the actual drug, Phencyclidine, and then go to a legitimate site; you will then see something like this-

PCP is known as a dissociative anesthetic, because users of the drug seem to be "disconnected" from the environment around them. It distorts perceptions of sight and sound and produces feelings of detachment. Rather than visual hallucinations, PCP causes the user to experience distortions of reality.

PCP is a hallucination, IT SETS YOU APART FROM REALITY-

PCP: At low-to-moderate doses, physiological effects of PCP include a slight increase in breathing rate and a pronounced rise in blood pressure and pulse rate. Breathing becomes shallow; flushing and profuse sweating, generalized numbness of the extremities, and loss of muscular coordination may occur.

At high doses, blood pressure, pulse rate, and respiration drop. This may be accompanied by nausea, vomiting, blurred vision, flicking up and down of the eyes, drooling, loss of balance, and dizziness. PCP abusers are often brought to emergency rooms because of overdose or because of the drug’s severe untoward psychological effects. While intoxicated, PCP abusers may become violent or suicidal and are therefore dangerous to themselves and others. High doses of PCP can also cause seizures, coma, and death (though death more often results from accidental injury or suicide during PCP intoxication). Because PCP can also have sedative effects, interactions with other central nervous system depressants, such as alcohol and benzodiazepines, can also lead to coma.
What Treatment Options Exist?

Treatment for alkaloid hallucinogen (such as psilocybin) intoxication—which is mostly symptomatic—is often sought as a result of bad “trips,” during which a patient may, for example, hurt him- or herself.6 Treatment is usually supportive: provision of a quiet room with little sensory stimulation. Occasionally, benzodiazepines are used to control extreme agitation or seizures.

There is very little published data on treatment outcomes for PCP intoxication. Doctors should consider that acute adverse reactions may be the result of drug synergy with alcohol.7 Current research efforts to manage a life-threatening PCP overdose are focused on a passive immunization approach through the development of anti-PCP antibodies.8 There are no specific treatments for PCP abuse and addiction, but inpatient and/or behavioral treatments can be helpful for patients with a variety of addictions, including that to PCP.

In closing, the perp was high, he disobeyed, he met him maker, end of story...............................

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Just an FYI,

Numbness and relaxation.
Problems concentrating.
Slurred speech.

Breathing problems.
Raised body temperature.

So does alot of drugs, and alcohol, you cant empty your clip because you think he might be high..

It really has to be a bad shoot and a very bad video for him be charged with 1st degree murder and held without bond right?

I mean, you're the only one that keeps saying the cop shot him for being high on drugs. Unless he was informed ahead of time, he didn't know the guy was high on PCP. How do you know the guy in front you on the highway is drunk? Actions.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Because normally they are high on something. You act like white cops just walk up to black people and start shooting for no reason. I can't tell you why the grand jury indicted him, all I can do is assume and speculate like you're doing. I don't think people are saying the cop shot the guy for being high on PCP. They're saying he was high on PCP and had a weapon in his hand.

I never said anything about black or white in any of my posts.. I never do. . You are the one bringing race into it..

For the record I am a 43 year old white man who grow up in the midwest..

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Just an FYI,

Numbness and relaxation.
Problems concentrating.
Slurred speech.

Breathing problems.
Raised body temperature.

. How do you know the guy in front you on the highway is drunk? Actions.

Lol yep and I have never had to shoot that guy 16 times..
edit on 24-11-2015 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Ok I dont deny he might have been high on PCP.. I just believe they charged him with 1ST DEGREE MURDER for a reason..

And its easy to see how so many murdering cops get off scott free because people automatically assume they are telling the truth..

Even when the prosecutor charges him with murder, when they usually do whatever they can to not charge cops, You guys still just assume the cop is in the right.

Meanwhile a 16 year old kid is dead. with 16 holes in him..
edit on 24-11-2015 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I never said anything about black or white in any of my posts.. I never do. . You are the one bringing race into it..

For the record I am a 43 year old white man who grow up in the midwest..

Well you got me by 7 years, old man

Kidding...

I mention race because cops shoot perps all the time, and more times than not, that perp is white. And almost every time it happens, the perp is stoned out of his mind. But we never get media coverage on the whites that are shot. So that's why I mention race. Maybe you don't include race, but most of the people I've chatted to about things like this, they act like white police hunt down blacks and shoot them for being black.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Just an FYI,

Numbness and relaxation.
Problems concentrating.
Slurred speech.

Breathing problems.
Raised body temperature.

. How do you know the guy in front you on the highway is drunk? Actions.

Lol yep and I have never had to shoot that guy 16 times..

Correct. But you also didn't know he was drunk until you saw him swerving (unless he was texting).

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
How come theses situations always have some exotic drug involved? Always one that can turn you into a wild, unstoppable monster?

I've been around the block a few times and this stuff just isn't on the street.

I would put my money on this being BS.

Hopefully they get a second tox screen.
edit on 11 by Mandroid7 because: Sp

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

It is because we live in a reflection and when one takes certain things it turns them in the original picture into a real crazy monster that is scary enough to shoot 16 times. This is why they never get any real footage of bigfoot...

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Ok, so I agree; having been in the situation of the officer, experience is what can advise ones actions; we obviously DO NOT know the entire story; but we do know NOW, (also) @ LSU, good posting BTW; (the officer did not know at that time) that the perp was on PCP;

Knowing that changes the ball game and it is too late and too early to assume anything more than the facts that are involved (the ones that we KNOW of) -

I said that to say this, there was a robbery in my state- (2) young black thugs - WITH weapons... the pharmacist had a CC, shot one of the thugs, and went after the other-----came back and buried a few more rounds in the would be robber....

SO now, excessive force was the charge that put the innocent robbery (for a few seconds) behind bars... because of his actions...

Excessive force? Perhaps... but a flat out nonsensical murder, ... I think not..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join