It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Bracing for "Possible Riots" with Video of White Cop Shooting Black Teen

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks
a reply to: LSU0408

Thank you. Chicago is a nasty place, it's another world once darkness falls. From what I've seen/been through everywhere is concrete jungle come night time.

I'm lucky I don't have to deal with it. Worse place I have to deal with is Shreveport if for some reason I have to roll through there. I'm way out on the outskirts of a small town that has a population of 800.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

Chicago is a world class city. Most of the murder and mayhem takes place on the southside and westside of the city. There is really no reason to be in either area. These aren't tourist areas and not really anywhere near the downtown area most people think of when you say "Chicago". The only white people you'd see in these areas are either cops or heroin/crack addicts.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
By the way, I am in Chicago. If we could get even a 1 / 10th of the same outrage and response from the community when it is black on black violence as we do when a white cop shoots a black kid, maybe we wouldn't be coming up on 450 murders this year, most of which are black males.

That's it, right there. I don't understand why the death of a black person is more important when it's done at the hands of a white man. It's like the quality of your death depends on the race of the one that killed you. That sets us back so far as a unified nation.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I got pulled over this weekend in West Hickville for speeding while on a road trip (79 in a 60). Good ole boy state cop. I'm a black guy in a luxury vehicle. I have legit DL, registration, and insurance. All at the ready when Officer Good Ole Boy walks up.

I don't get an attitude and ask WTF you pulling me over for? I know I was speeding (like everyone else on the highway) and even if I think it is a BS revenue grab, I just hand him my stuff. Cop says he has leeway up to 10mph over, but since I was almost 20 he has to give me a ticket. Whatever, I'm sure if I was a hot blonde with my cleavage hanging out, you'd just give me a warning. But whatever.

I say thank you and on my way. My point is in my 40 something years of being a black guy living in major cities, I've never had a tussle, argument, or even remotely a heated encounter with white cops. Then again, I don't run around high on PCP, carry illegal firearms, drive with no license, insurance, stolen cars, or any of the other stupid sh*t that seems to pervade all these alleged cases of police misconduct.

Do police over react in some cases? Yes. However, when you put yourself in certain positions, the outcome is not generally going to be in your favor.

You expected a warning for going almost 20 over? Only time I ever got a warning was for doing 5 over. When I lived in Michigan, even the cops drove 20 over so it wasn't much of a problem. In Ohio, not so much.
edit on 24-11-2015 by jtrenthacker because: words is hard

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Apologies ahead of time somewhat O.T.
My husband and I are flying into Chicago tomorrow through Monday. We love the restaurants. We're staying around the usual spot on the Magnificent Mile. Sooo, we obviously won't have our firearms that we carry daily here at home. I always feel "off" when I'm not carrying.

Anyway, if any of my fellow ATS members live and are licensed to carry in Chicago I sure wouldn't mind exchanging phone numbers should there be any problems arise, which I don't foresee, but it's always good to know someone in the area. Just shoot me a message. BTW I do love to eat at Star of Siam on 11 E Illinois St and we normally walk there at night. It does seem a seedy in that area. Any thoughts because I freak over their Cashew Chicken.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

edit on 24-11-2015 by Bachrk because: repeat

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Yeah, they gave the family 5 million, before any lawsuit occurred, all because the pig is innocent.

Apologists will say anything when a perp is black, no matter what happened.

#BlackLivesMatter

In this climate they erred on the side of caution before the investigation was done. If th e guy he shot had a knife and didnt put it down it dont matter if he lunged or not. People on PCP are very dangerous. it took 16 shots to bring him down that should tell you something. No matter the color involved. cops have shot white perps as well on PCP with the same situation as well.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bachrk

Apologies ahead of time somewhat O.T.
My husband and I are flying into Chicago tomorrow through Monday. We love the restaurants. We're staying around the usual spot on the Magnificent Mile. Sooo, we obviously won't have our firearms that we carry daily here at home. I always feel "off" when I'm not carrying.

Anyway, if any of my fellow ATS members live and are licensed to carry in Chicago I sure wouldn't mind exchanging phone numbers should there be any problems arise, which I don't foresee, but it's always good to know someone in the area. Just shoot me a message. BTW I do love to eat at Star of Siam on 11 E Illinois St and we normally walk there at night. It does seem a seedy in that area. Any thoughts because I freak over their Cashew Chicken.

You think that area is seedy? Seriously? Where are you from? Mayberry? That area is River North which is one of the most upscale parts of Chicago now. yeah, there are a few bums around like in any major city, but that is hardly an area that you should feel even remotely scared. The "bad neighborhoods" in Chicago are literally like 10 miles south and 10 miles west from where you will be.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Yeah, they gave the family 5 million, before any lawsuit occurred, all because the pig is innocent.

Ignorant racists will say anything when a perp is black, no matter what happened.

#BlackLivesMatter

Fix'd it.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

lol No I'm from somewhere rated as more dangerous than Chicago. Didn't mean to offend. We haven't been in that area in about 7yrs so I don't know but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

. I suggest we only have gay, black, female Muslim police officers so we can be certain that there is no social injustice agenda moving forward.

You forgot transsexual.
edit on 24-11-2015 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bachrk
a reply to: Edumakated

lol No I'm from somewhere rated as more dangerous than Chicago. Didn't mean to offend. We haven't been in that area in about 7yrs so I don't know but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

I didn't mean to be snarky. There is no area in Chicago you would be as a tourist that is considered dangerous. however, it is a big city, so you still need to have some street smarts. Enjoy yourself.

One of the things that annoys me is that the media coverage of Chicago makes it seems like the entire city is the wild west. As i mentioned in an earlier post, almost all the carnage is highly concentrated in two areas, neither of which are anywhere near downtown Chicago. Downtown Chicago is a very clean and safe city.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: charolais
I look forward to seeing the video before I make any comments.

HA! What a noob.

(kidding, I agree. We can be the silent two in the minority)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Nobody to blame here but the parent(s).

Nobody? Not even the guy who shot him 16 times and continued to fire while he was on the ground dead?

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

The family has received or will receive 5 mill??? What am I missing here??w t. Efff

I think what you are missing is a video that shows blatant murder.. Why they gave the family 5 million and why the cop is going to be indicted for murder.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Dang PCP is scary stuff lol.. Did the cop know he was on PCP before shooting him 16 times? So why would it matter?

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Held without bond.. But his whole story must be true right?

chicago.suntimes.com...

A Chicago police officer was ordered held without bond Tuesday as he faces a first-degree murder charge for the shooting death of a black teenager in a case that has riveted the attention of Chicago and the nation.

Chicago Police Officer Jason Van Dyke, 37, is charged in the fatal shooting of 17-year-old Laquan McDonald, who was hit 16 times, including in his scalp, neck, chest, elbow, forearm, leg and back. The shooting was captured on a police dashcam video camera and has been ordered to be released by a judge in a separate proceeding no later than Wednesday.

edit on 24-11-2015 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

By the way, I am in Chicago. If we could get even a 1 / 10th of the same outrage and response from the community when it is black on black violence as we do when a white cop shoots a black kid, maybe we wouldn't be coming up on 450 murders this year, most of which are black males.

That's it, right there. I don't understand why the death of a black person is more important when it's done at the hands of a white man. It's like the quality of your death depends on the race of the one that killed you. That sets us back so far as a unified nation.

Who said that you just sound like a racist biggot its the fact that cops are shooting anybody at all that gets people riled up.
People kill people all the time regardless of race it doesnt get reported so stop crying and let people who have been oppressed for years have a moment to be mad. Stop focusing on the wrong thing your sounding like a media sheeple.

Live above the influence

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Here are several points that do not bode well and that does not hold to reason, based off of this article:

1) Was there an medical autopsy performed by the young mans family, including tox screen that can confirm what the cornorer's report showed? This point above all else is crucial, as the police did lie on the report, could the medical examiner who works for the city, could he have been mistaken?

2) If the officers were innocent, why did the city offer a 5 million dollar settlement in exchanged for not being sued?

3) Now I do understand as to why they did not want this information let out, however, did they hide it from the family and their attorney?

Those three things tend to stick out in my mind as something of the police trying to hide something, and possible wrong doing.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

So a man on PCP is yielding a knife, not following commands and is a threat not only to himself, others and other LEO's. Oh yes, the perp was on PCP.... & slashing the tires of the officers vehicle.... Question, have you or any others ever been confronted by anyone (black, white or alien) on PCP?

I am sure that later is a negative. Well let me tell you when ANYONE is on PCP, slashing tires and disobeying commands, the body language and actions are the same; there is NO taming the perp, they feel no pain, they hear you not, they disobey... Linky, just for your education Linky

Note to self kids, stay in school, stay off drugs, obey the 5 OH when confronted REGARDLESS - and be polite... you will live to see another day!

The family should face a 5 Million dollar fine for putting others in harms way IMO...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join