It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian magicians vs God

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   
In the bible Egyptian magicians have a sort of magic duel with God. It happens in Exodus 7-9.
These guys had a magic battle with God and turned rods into big snakes, turned the Nile into blood and caused a plague of frogs. They lost in the end, God had more plagues.
Turning a rod into a snake is a impressive magic trick, even pulling it off so it was as good as Gods. I thought these magic guys would have been recorded in Egyptian history or something.
I found www.abovetopsecret.com... by member Spider879 which has the Pharaoh of Moses and his magicians mentioned.
I was wondering if anyone knows if there are any Egyptian records of this magic fight, or who they were?

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Ancient Egyptian historians successfully utilized an extremely powerful mind control technique.

It was known as "history".

"It was also illegal to record any history in Egypt that made the Pharaoh look bad. That is why they did not record the God of the slaves whooping their butts. If any scribe did that, he probably would have been killed. As an Atheist friend of mine who loved Egypt told me, Egyptian history was basically propaganda." Source

originally posted by: undo
Mainstream Egyptology could use some truth serum. some of the biggest people in Egyptology are so mired down in lies to cover lies, avoidance of evidence, reinterpretation of everything that has a political or religious connotation they don't like and desire to rewrite history to fit an endgame, that looking to them for real evidence has been relegated to the hunt and peck method.

originally posted by: Utnapisjtim
We must not forget that Jesus was convicted for being "King of the Jews" -- a threat to Roman superiority, and the rule with Rome concerning such "traitors" was 'Damnatio Memoriae' or "Damnaton of Memory" -- they erased the person from history, much like how all statues of certain pharaohs have had their faces chiseled off and names wiped away from official seals etc.

"History is more or less bunk." ~ HENRY FORD

“the biggest cover-up in the history of mankind is the history of mankind itself”

An unperson is a person who has been "vaporized"; who has been not only killed by the state, but effectively erased from existence. Such a person would be written out of existing books, photographs, and articles so that no trace of their existence could be found in the historical record.

The idea is that such a person would, according to the principles of doublethink, be forgotten completely (for it would be impossible to provide evidence of their existence), even by close friends and family members.

Making the Historical truth Disappear

edit on 24-11-2015 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZeussusZ
Egyptian magicians vs God

Jeeez, can you say 'fiction'? Myth?
Good one sided y'all-better-behave- or-else! story?

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid
Of course, the old testament Jews would never have re-written history to suit them.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

In the bible Egyptian magicians have a sort of magic duel with God. It happens in Exodus 7-9.
These guys had a magic battle with God and turned rods into big snakes, turned the Nile into blood and caused a plague of frogs. They lost in the end, God had more plagues.
Turning a rod into a snake is a impressive magic trick, even pulling it off so it was as good as Gods. I thought these magic guys would have been recorded in Egyptian history or something.
I found www.abovetopsecret.com... by member Spider879 which has the Pharaoh of Moses and his magicians mentioned.
I was wondering if anyone knows if there are any Egyptian records of this magic fight, or who they were?

Moses and Abraham had the battle with the Pharaohs magicians. The plagues were sent by God to intimidate the Pharaoh to let the Hebrew people go. I do not think the Egyptian's version has been discovered yet .

edit on 24-11-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ZeussusZ
may i put the Islamic side of the story ? because it was mentioned in the Quran

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

Do tell, I am curious. Not a big fan of religion in general but some of the best stories come from those books.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

There is nothing from Any Egyptian records that show evidence that anything in the exodus story ever happened

In fact there is only one small inscription that was only recently found in some rubble that shows the word "Israel" which is the only piece of evidence that said group were ever even around Egypt

And that actually doesn't even prove that... that only shows that the Egyptians knew of the people

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Yes please. Didn't know Islam had this stuff in it.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I think it was the magicians vs God. Moses and Aaron where just told what to do.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I think it was the magicians vs God. Moses and Aaron where just told what to do.

Same story in Islam. Remember , they are nearly the same up to Father Abraham.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

sorry for the delay i will start looking for the translations and will put the story here

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
this is from the chapter 20 Surah Ta-Ha

(8) Has the story of Moses reached thee?
(9) Behold, he saw a fire: so he said to his family "Tarry ye; I perceive a fire; perhaps I can bring you some burning brand therefrom or find some guidance at the fire."
(10) But when he came to the fire, a voice was heard: "O Moses!
(11) "Verily I am thy Lord! Therefore (in My presence) put off thy shoes: thou art in the sacred valley Tuwa.
(12) "I have chosen thee: listen then, to the inspiration (sent to thee).
(13) "Verily I am Allah: there is no god but I: so serve thou Me, (only) and establish regular prayer for celebrating My praise.
(14) "Verily the Hour is coming― My design is to keep it hidden― for every soul to receive its reward by the measure of its Endeavour.
(15) "Therefore let not such as believe not therein but follow their own lusts, divert thee therefrom, lest thou perish!" (16) And what is that in thy right hand, O Moses?"
(17) He said "It is my rod: on it I lean; with it I beat down fodder for my flocks; and in it I find other uses."
(18) (Allah) said "Throw it, O Moses!"
(19) He threw it, and behold! it was a snake, active in motion.
(20) (Allah) said "Seize it, and fear not: We shall return it at once to its former condition"…
(21) Now draw thy hand close to thy side: it shall come forth white (and shining), without harm (or stain)― as another Sign (22) "In order that We may show thee (two) of Our Greater Signs.
(23) "Go thou to Pharaoh, for he had indeed transgressed all bounds."
(24) (Moses) said: "O my Lord! Expand me my breast;"
(25) "Ease my task for me;
(26) "And remove the impediment from my speech.
(27) "So they may understand what I say:
(28) "And give me a Minister from my family,
(29) "Aaron, my brother;
(30) "Add to my strength through him,
(31) "And make him share My task:
(32) "That we may celebrate Thy praise without stint,
(33) "And remember Thee without stint:
(34) For Thou art He that (ever) regardeth us."
(35) (Allah) said: "Granted is thy prayer, O Moses!"
(36) "And indeed We conferred a favour on thee another time (before).
(37) "Behold! We sent to thy mother, by inspiration the message:
(38) " `Throw (the child) into the chest and throw (the chest) into the river: the river will cast him up on the bank and he will be taken up by one who is an enemy to Me and an enemy to him': but I cast (the garment of) love over thee from Me: and (this) in order that thou mayest be reared under Mine eye.
(39) "Behold! Thy sister goeth forth and saith, `Shall I show you one who will nurse and rear the (child)?' So We brought thee back to thy mother, that her eye might be cooled and she should not grieve. Then thou didst slay a man, but We saved thee from trouble, and We tired thee in various ways. Then didst thou tarry a number of years with the people of Midian. Then didst thou come hither as ordained, O Moses!
(40) "And I have prepared thee for Myself (for service)"...
(41) "Go, thou and thy brother, with My Signs, and slacken not either, of you, in keeping Me in remembrance.
(42) "Go both of you to Pharaoh, for he has indeed transgressed all bounds;
(43) "But speak to him mildly; perchance he may take warning or fear (Allah)."
(44) They (Moses and Aaron) said: "Our Lord! we fear lest He hasten with insolence against us, or lest he transgress all bounds."
(45) He said: "Fear not: for I am with you: I hear and see (everything).
(46) "So go ye both to him, and say `Verily we are messengers sent by thy Lord: send forth, therefore, the Children of Israel with us and afflict them not: with a Sign, indeed, have we come from thy Lord! And peace to all who follow Guidance!
(47) " `Verily it has been revealed to us that the Penalty (awaits) those who reject and turn away.' "
(48) (When this message was delivered), (Pharaoh) said: "Who then, O Moses, is the Lord of you two?"
(49) He said: "Our Lord is He Who gave to each (created) thing its form and nature, and further gave (it) guidance."
(50) (Pharaoh) said: "What then is the condition of previous generations?"
(51) He replied: "The knowledge of that is with my Lord duly recorded: my Lord never errs, nor forgets
(52) "He Who has made for you the earth like a carpet spread out; has enabled you to go about therein by roads (and channels); and has sent down water from the sky." With it have We produced divers pairs of plants each separate from the others.
(53) Eat (for yourselves) and pasture your cattle: verily, in this are Signs for men endued with understanding.
(54) From the (earth) did We create you, and into it shall We return you, and from it shall We bring you out once again. (55) And We showed Pharaoh all Our Signs, but he did reject and refuse.
(56) He said: "Hast thou come to drive us out of our land with thy magic O Moses?
(57) "But we can surely produce magic to match thine! So make a tryst between us and thee, which we shall not fail to keep― neither we nor thou― in a place where both shall have even chances."
(58) Moses said: "Your tryst is the Day of the Festival, and let the people be assembled when the sun is well up."
(59) So Pharaoh withdrew: he concerted his plan, and then came (back).

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
(60) Moses said to them: "Woe to you! forge not ye a lie against Allah, lest He destroy you (at once) utterly by chastisement: the forger must suffer frustration!"
(61) So they disputed, one with another, over their affair, but they kept their talk secret.
(62) They said: "These two are certainly (expert) magicians: their object is to drive you out from your land with their magic, and to do away with your Most cherished institutions.
(63) "Therefore concert your plan, And then assemble in (serried) ranks: he wins (all along) today who gains the upper hand."
(64) They said: "O Moses! whether wilt thou that thou throw (first) or that we be the first to throw?"
(65) He said "Nay throw ye first!" Then behold their ropes and their rods― so it seemed to him on account of their magic― began to be in lively motion!
(66) So Moses conceived in his mind a (sort of) fear.
(67) We said: "Fear not! For thou hast indeed the upper hand:
(68) "Throw that which is in thy right hand: quickly will it swallow up that which they have faked. What they have faked is but a magician's trick: and the magician thrives not, (no matter) where he goes."
(69) So the magicians were thrown down to prostration: they said "We believe in the Lord of Aaron and Moses."
(70) (Pharaoh) said: "Believe ye in Him before I give you permission? Surely this must be your leader, who has taught you magic! Be sure I will cut off your hands and feet on opposite sides, and I will have you crucified on trunks of palm-trees: So shall ye know for certain, which of us can give the more severe and the more lasting Punishment!"
(71) They said: "Never shall we regard thee as more than the Clear Signs that have come to us or than Him Who created us! So decree whatever thou desirest to decree: for thou canst only decree (touching) the life of this world.
(72) For us we have believed in our Lord: may He forgive us our faults, and the magic to which thou didst compel us: for Allah is Best and Most Abiding."
(73) Verily he who comes to his Lord as a sinner (at judgment)― for him is Hell: therein shall he neither die nor live.
(74) But such as comes to Him as Believers who have worked righteous deeds--for them are ranks exalted―
(75) Gardens of Eternity, beneath which flow rivers: they will dwell therein for aye: such is the reward of those who purify themselves (from evil).
(76) We sent an inspiration to Moses: "Travel by night with my servants, and strike a dry path for them through the sea, without fear of being overtaken (by Pharaoh) and without (any other) fear."
(77) Then Pharaoh pursued them with his forces, but the waters completely overwhelmed them and covered them up.
(78) Pharaoh led his people astray instead of leading them aright.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Long winded but good read, thanks.

top topics

join