It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey shot down Russian Jet: reportedly by two F16's

page: 85
<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Here is the aftermath of a Russian airstrike on a Turkish aid convoy most likely headed to the terrorists.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

Turkey isn't exactly a pawn in NATOs chess game. Being they are considered the second largest standing military force in NATO, after the United States Armed Forces U.S. Armed Forces, I think it would behoove NATO to not continue and support them.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Interesting what the moves are going to be on both sides.

Turkey is well prepared. Russia is well prepared.

Both sides have ran these scenarios, weighed in their options and know what to do next in relation to time and events.

Whats going to happen in the near future already happened theoretically.

In fact, countries had this whole situation and others calculated and simulated for years.

And continuing to do so.

Even bet some nam vet willie nellie has these drawn out in a basement and is routing strings like a switch board where things are narrowing to and branching out next

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
Here is the aftermath of a Russian airstrike on a Turkish aid convoy most likely headed to the terrorists.

Or possibly Turkmen civilians.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

That was in azaz Turkey supplies food and medical supplies to them their.The strike was near Bab al-Salam crossing a known humanatarian aid route. According to aid worker at the scene the jet targeted the convoy but he was unclear if it was Russian or syrian. This was a message to Turkey that Russia will not allow them to supply the turks in syria. However it does prove the point Turkey has been making Russian bombers aren't attacking isil. They are attacking areas for assad. Apparently his troops are pushing towards the Turkish border.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Turkey says that this convoy had aid like food and pasta... but since when food makes black smoke... :p

Anyway, I cannot understand the logic even to recall a first aid convoy as an excuse. The reason is very theatrical.

Turkey and west does not recognize the legal government of Syria, therefore, they think they can do whatever they want? (enter the borders of that country without permission, without asking and all that for an invisible enemy "the terrorist").

In the other side of the coin, there is a legal government in Syria and that is Russia and their allies recognize. So its logical for the legal government to consider any western attempt of help, as an intrusion, violation of their borders and consider them as terrorists.

We all know that ISIS is american, trained in turkey and founded by saudi arabia...

so, yes everything is a joke. I support syria and true syrians, not the mongoloids who are gathered there to fight syrians and pretend the minorities.

We share the same civilizations as countries in ancient years.. Assyrians with Anou (Ouranus). And both of our countries share the same symbols, the cross. The cross is much more ancient than Christianity itself. Is the symbol of Father.

Turkeys now are very angry according to latest news, they preparing a kind of invasion in syrian grounds. This page have the option to translate it, just click ur flag.

link

link
edit on 25-11-2015 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Ploutonas

Well.. Assad is publically elected by the population. Whatever the west thinks of him doesn't matter, they can't just go around removing leaders that is elected by the population, whenever that leader doesn't do things their way.

Turkey preparing for an invasion would be bat# crazy to say the least. And that would make it fully legal for Putin to invade Turkey, which, well... Turkey would lose, badly. I fear nukes may be deployed in this WW, yet again.

It wouldn't come as a surprise, if Moskva is carrying nukes as we speak. Why wouldn't it? (The missile cruiser.)

Turkey moves it's army to the western border of Syria, Moskva launches a nuke in the middle of the army. BOOM. No fight from Turkey from this point, and Putin saved 100's of thousands of troops' lives.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: SBargisen

No one is going to launch any nukes in a proxy war. If anything they'll posture and posture puff their chests and then things will go back to a heightened alert as both forces flirt with the border taking potshots at each other.

No all out war will happen, and definitely no nukes because that does not even make sense.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
a reply to: Leonidas

Turkey isn't exactly a pawn in NATOs chess game. Being they are considered the second largest standing military force in NATO, after the United States Armed Forces U.S. Armed Forces, I think it would behoove NATO to not continue and support them.

What, Turkey the second largest military force? you must have forgotten UK, France and Germany (in that order).

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Then BOOM! goes Crimea.

link   

Of course it burns black it's called diesel fuel. As for the right of Western countries to interfere as you put it the United Nations Supervision Mission in Syria. It was started 2 years ago by the United Nations Security Council Resolution 2043. This was out in place because assad was killing his own people. And the civil war had become a humanitarian crises.

link   

originally posted by: majesticgent

No one is going to launch any nukes in a proxy war. If anything they'll posture and posture puff their chests and then things will go back to a heightened alert as both forces flirt with the border taking potshots at each other.

No all out war will happen, and definitely no nukes because that does not even make sense.

Did Hitler make sense in 1920? Did Hitler invading most of Europe make sense in 1935? Did nukes over Japan make sense in 1945? Did 9/11 make sense on the date of 9/10?

Many things doesn't make sense untill it has happened, that doesn't make the scenario less possible. Don't be so narrow minded.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Then BOOM! goes Crimea.

You joke but I could see them causing the tar tars to revolt and Turkey get involved.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Of course it burns black it's called diesel fuel. As for the right of Western countries to interfere as you put it the United Nations Supervision Mission in Syria. It was started 2 years ago by the United Nations Security Council Resolution 2043. This was out in place because assad was killing his own people. And the civil war had become a humanitarian crises.

Maybe, just maybe, he started killing his own people, as you put it, because those people ran around with AK's shouting ALLAHU AKBAR!!! and killing whatever governmental people they came across. Just maybe.
Maybe we are lied to, maybe we aren't. Stop acting like the west always tells the truth.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBargisen

originally posted by: majesticgent

Did Hitler make sense in 1920? Did Hitler invading most of Europe make sense in 1935? Did nukes over Japan make sense in 1945? Did 9/11 make sense on the date of 9/10?

Many things doesn't make sense until it has happened, that doesn't make the scenario less possible. Don't be so narrow minded.

No they did not make sense, but I assure you no one wants to be responsible for ruining the planet as we know it. Japan did not have nukes for retaliation, but in this case If anyone deploys a nuke, then MAD will be implemented and that's a wrap... That makes perfect sense, which is why it hasn't or will ever happen again.
edit on 25-11-2015 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: DJW001

Then BOOM! goes Crimea.

You joke but I could see them causing the tar tars to revolt and Turkey get involved.

Yep.. The Bosporus is Turkey's fulcrum against Russia. Putin can pound on his chest all he wants, but eventually he is going to sit down at the table and cut a deal with Erdogan, Hollande, and Khamenei. Remember the way Hitler and Stalin carved up the Baltic?

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Do you read before you post?

Turkey moves it's army to the western border of Syria, Moskva launches a nuke in the middle of the army. BOOM. No fight from Turkey from this point, and Putin saved 100's of thousands of troops' lives.

That's just about insane. How would that not result in the deaths of tens of thousands, possibly many times that?

You really do want to radicalize Islam, don't you? That'll certainly do it. ...and justifiably so, IMHO. Fall out drifting with the winds causing God alone how many long term causalities in the region down wind. I'd be pissed, too, and want a couple of pounds of flesh in retribution.

[sarcasm]Nuke use in the middle east...yeah, that'll calm things down, won't it? [/sarcasm]

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Why would I read my own statements before I post, don't ridicule me merely because you have another mindset than that of mine.

- Why would Islam be radicalized because Russia wins over Turkey, with the use of nukes? We have seen through history, that it is USA that radicalizes ISLAM, and not weaponry.
- Proof? Well... Taliban, Al-Qaeda, certainly more than these two extremistic islamic groups and now ISIS, is due to the United States. (This isn't proof, but you can research this yourself, I won't do it for you.)

Nukes in the ME would make perfect sense, atleast to me.

"That's just about insane. How would that not result in the deaths of tens of thousands, possibly many times that?"

I'm talking Russian troops. If you're a general, and you stood against an army of 700' thousand'ish, wouldn't you consider all options? And maybe pick one that would mean the least casualties among your troops? I know I would consider it. Whether I would do it or not is another discussion, and might be different if I stood in front of the choice.
edit on 25-11-2015 by SBargisen because: Quote didn't work.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

It's much more likly Russia would use their TOS-1A thermobaric missles on a Turkish army coming at the .. it's supposedly has been deployed Syria.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Couldn't Resist

new topics

top topics

<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join