It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey shot down Russian Jet: reportedly by two F16's

page: 80
<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I think had they not shot and killed, reportedly, Russia's pilot parachuting down then things may have been calmer, but that's Russia's reality and no way they will stand pat and not do something... If a country shot down a US fighter and then killed a pilot parachuting down, I'm sure the US would want to retaliate too!

Turkish news is saying the forces of the ejection caused the pilot to die, but I don't know about that one. It's not like the plane was performing some crazy maneuver when they ejected... It looked to be flying level and slowly, but hey I'm the first to admit I'm no expert.

The worst case scenario would be Turkey scrambling more jets to ward off Russian bombers from their border and being shot down themselves...
edit on 25-11-2015 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-11-2015 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: angryhulk

originally posted by: asen_y2k

originally posted by: Belgianbloke
a reply to: asen_y2k

Crap... Asen what twitter accounts are you following?
Its not twitter. Actually I am very bad with twitter. The earlier part has been confirmed. Give me some time, this will get confirmed too.

Do you have confirmation yet?

Only the part about the Turkish military in high alert. Thats pending. Rest is confirmed.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
If Putin is actually planning on testing the resolve of NATO, watch out for some of this bombardment to fall on the Turkey side of the border.
If that doesn't happen, then we know that Putin is playing a straight game here.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Oddly (or maybe not), the US and others will likely tell the Turks to stand down on this. The Russians are actually doing the west a favor in an abstract manner of speaking. Right now the money isn't flowing the right way (to the oil companies). By cutting off the flow of oil and other resources from Syria into Turkey it redirects the money flow back the way the corporate elite would like it to be.

Turkey may not like it, but what they think doesn't really matter in the larger scheme of things.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
If Putin did this a few days ago, the whole world would be up in arms and against Russia's bombardment along this border. Now, it seems no one is blinking since most will say it is 'tit for tat'. I am starting to wonder if Putin is smarter than given credit. Was the shooting down of his plane a tragedy or strategy?

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Here is another interesting Hellenic article. The son of erdogan is involved in illegal acts with isis (oils and stuff)

link

Ok, I believe I gave you all the today news up to this time in the prev post and this one, I will make more news posts later on, if we have more interesting news.
edit on 25-11-2015 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
If Putin is actually planning on testing the resolve of NATO, watch out for some of this bombardment to fall on the Turkey side of the border.
If that doesn't happen, then we know that Putin is playing a straight game here.

Yes, I was thinking about that too. Reports confirm extension bombing on going on the border areas. Even use of land assets. I was wondering how will Turkey respond to Turkish soilbeing bombed.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
RT BREAKING: MULTIPLE BOMBINGS IN ANKARA!

Link
edit on 25/11/15 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

edit on 25/11/15 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

See the post directly above yours for your answer.

Putin's no dummy.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

By whom?

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: majesticgent

By whom?

Its just breaking. Read the link. Reports of multiple explosions.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: majesticgent

By whom?

Its just breaking. Read the link. Reports of multiple explosions.

Oh ok didn't see the link at first checking now.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Link

Now this is just oddly timed a day after the Russian plane got shot...

link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Cause they will have to.

How much public support would the main NATO players (USA,UK,France) get from the public?

France are still reeling after the ISIS attacks and its public would outright revolt if its government decided to side with Turkey.

Camron cant can barely get a vote to bomb ISIS. To defend Turkey who are supplying terrorists it would be impossible without invoking his "royal" prerogative and to do that would be political suicide. Not only would the SNP and Labour out right revolt, half his own party would to. He would not hold a majority government anymore and as such he would have to step down or we go into dangerous territory with a PM not supported by the public.

With the USA I have no idea. Would your public support a world war to defend a backward middle eastern country?
In some regards you may be lucky Obama is a spineless incompetent coward this time.

link   

originally posted by: Belgianbloke

Link

Now this is just oddly timed a day after the Russian plane got shot...
CORRECTION, IT SAYS MULITPLE EXPLOSIONS IN ANKARA.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Checking some Turkish news sites... They don't have anything as of yet about any explosions... still looking though.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

If true, this would seem to confirm the pinch on ISIS (not insurgents) by Russia.

Turkey shoots down Russian plane. Russia retaliates bombarding border regions of Syria, further crippling ISIS. ISIS responds with terrorist attacks inside Turkey.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Ok false alert, looks likegas explosions in Ankara.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

If true, this would seem to confirm the pinch on ISIS (not insurgents) by Russia.

Turkey shoots down Russian plane. Russia retaliates bombarding border regions of Syria, further crippling ISIS. ISIS responds with terrorist attacks inside Turkey.

This seems highly unlikely.
edit
edit on 25-11-2015 by Belgianbloke because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

... Would your public support a world war to defend a backward middle eastern country?
In some regards you may be lucky Obama is a spineless incompetent coward this time.

Hard to say, we have a lot of blubbering idiots drinking the media cool-aid here...they elected this guy...twice!

You missed a word in the last sentence..."cunning", otherwise I agree completely.

new topics

top topics

<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join